Big 10+1 Commisioner

In my opinion the Heisman award is losing it's luster more and more every year...

The media names favorites at the beginning of the year and then they are blown up and hyped up all year...They can only lose it for themselves...

In my opinion the Heisman award is losing it's luster more and more every year...

The media names favorites at the beginning of the year and then they are blown up and hyped up all year...They can only lose it for themselves...

Namely Brady Quinn.

I watched him his freshman year and he did good. I realized that Sanders was a terrible coach and that Cutcliffe had worked wonders with QBs before. After the Cal game, I was never concerned again about Ainge

I think Ainge's freshman year is tremendously overrated. Had he been starting in an offense that didn't have great WR performance and two 1,000 yard rushers, I don't think he would have done much.

I think Ainge's freshman year is tremendously overrated. Had he been starting in an offense that didn't have great WR performance and two 1,000 yard rushers, I don't think he would have done much.

I think it was more his composure that got us excited.

Uhh ohh... :unsure:

The natives are not gonna like that post.

He managed the game well for a freshman. It's rare that a freshman QB realizes that he has a talented WR corps and those TBs and did not try to do everything himself.

This year was a great example of the idiocy of the Heisman process. The media decreed Troy Smith, Ted Ginn, Brady Quinn, and Adrian Peterson to be the finalists before the season. Quinn played poorly against Michigan in game 2 or 3 and was done, Peterson was injured, and Ginn was nothing special. Thus, it had to go to Smith, who had done nothing to lose the award. Of course, if he'd started the year outside the media circle of finalists, they'd look at his production and laugh him off.

It's not just about stats...

No, but anybody who was watching football in 1997 can tell you that Charles Woodson's Heisman "candidacy" was really strange. Literally nobody was talking about the guy and then sometime in late October there was suddenly a Heisman race. Then he made 2 or 3 big plays toward the end of the year and . . . VOILA.

He managed the game well for a freshman. It's rare that a freshman QB realizes that he has a talented WR corps and those TBs and did not try to do everything himself.

He wasn't asked to do much. He looked to the sideline to get the plays. He handed the ball off a lot. He got a lot of lucky breaks where our WRs made tremendous catches. Look at a highlight tape of that year.

He wasn't asked to do much. He looked to the sideline to get the plays. He handed the ball off a lot. He got a lot of lucky breaks where our WRs made tremendous catches. Look at a highlight tape of that year.

Exactly what I said. He did not do to much. Smith's catch against Florida was unbelievable

This year was a great example of the idiocy of the Heisman process. The media decreed Troy Smith, Ted Ginn, Brady Quinn, and Adrian Peterson to be the finalists before the season. Quinn played poorly against Michigan in game 2 or 3 and was done, Peterson was injured, and Ginn was nothing special. Thus, it had to go to Smith, who had done nothing to lose the award. Of course, if he'd started the year outside the media circle of finalists, they'd look at his production and laugh him off.

I believe Smith won in that largest landslide ever. Not saying he deserved it, but the voters obviously felt strongly that he did.

I think Troy Smith's winning of the heisman this year is completely justified...if you take him off OSU this year they are lucky to go .500...

VN Store

Back