Best news in a long time

Wouldn't that be the prudent thing to ?! Err on the side of caution ?! There isn't enough known about this virus for anyone to speak with any level of certainty. It's a fluid situation. Until a vaccine is developed, folks should be cautious. What fearmongering ?! That you could potentially die ?! That has been borne out.
Ride in a car lately?

I still struggled. I figured it's not something I care about your opinion on so I moved on.
Nice. It's not my opinion. It's the CDC saying that based on the data they have collected they expect the true mortality rate of COVID-19 for symptomatic cases to be between 0.001 (1 in a 1000) and 0.010 (1 in a 100), with the most likely final figure being 0.004 (1 in 400). If you factor in the 35% of cases they estimate are asymptomatic, it is even lower. Either way, the mortality rate is many, many times lower than the 4% originally advertised (1 in 25), that being the case, it'd be extremely surprising if we didn't proceed with the CFB season fairly normally.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

All that needs doing is Take Temps at the Gates! Damn what the He!! is the problem with these people? If you are Positive you will have an elevated temp. 100%. So tired of the FEAR being flung on us; and I know the why. Make us GIDDY for their coming vaccine. Without a Pandemic, no vaccine needed. See the plan? All BS.
People die because of innacurate information like this. Just FYI.

All that needs doing is Take Temps at the Gates! Damn what the He!! is the problem with these people? If you are Positive you will have an elevated temp. 100%. So tired of the FEAR being flung on us; and I know the why. Make us GIDDY for their coming vaccine. Without a Pandemic, no vaccine needed. See the plan? All BS.

While I am in favor of opening things up, that's actually quite untrue. Some studies of infected children, for instance, have found that less that 50% were febrile. No studies have found 100% of adults with CV19 running fevers.

Why are you so concerned about my opinion (which you misrepresented btw)? You're making the choice to be all upset over an opinion, that's not on me.

That's on you.

I think maybe because you never qualify a statement with “I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t believe we will have a season.”
The overall tone of your posts on this subject is that you’d rather be rIght and not have football, than be wrong and have football back.

You know you can still have the virus (and therefore expose others) without having a temperature don't you?

I am ecstatic that the season is going to happen and if I can go, I'm going, but there is till some risk so taking appropriate steps for protection is a good thing.

Wouldn't that be the prudent thing to ?! Err on the side of caution ?! There isn't enough known about this virus for anyone to speak with any level of certainty. It's a fluid situation. Until a vaccine is developed, folks should be cautious. What fearmongering ?! That you could potentially die ?! That has been borne out.
You seriously need to brush up your history when vaccines are rushed to market. The outcome is not pretty at all. Millions had bad & life altering reactions plus deaths. Shouls i remind you of 1976 & 2004 when vaccines were rushed to market. Operation warpspeed will harm way more than covid ever will

Reactions: OldVolMan
You seriously need to brush up your history when vaccines are rushed to market. The outcome is not pretty at all. Millions had bad & life altering reactions plus deaths. Shouls i remind you of 1976 & 2004 when vaccines were rushed to market. Operation warpspeed will harm way more than covid ever will
Wont be a vaccine

You know you can still have the virus (and therefore expose others) without having a temperature don't you?

I am ecstatic that the season is going to happen and if I can go, I'm going, but there is till some risk so taking appropriate steps for protection is a good thing.

*fever. everyone has a temperature

Nice. It's not my opinion. It's the CDC saying that based on the data they have collected they expect the true mortality rate of COVID-19 for symptomatic cases to be between 0.001 (1 in a 1000) and 0.010 (1 in a 100), with the most likely final figure being 0.004 (1 in 400). If you factor in the 35% of cases they estimate are asymptomatic, it is even lower. Either way, the mortality rate is many, many times lower than the 4% originally advertised (1 in 25), that being the case, it'd be extremely surprising if we didn't proceed with the CFB season fairly normally.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

I read through the link and to assume, and state as fact, that there will be a football season based on that information involves a bit of a reach.

Ride in a car lately?

You’re correct, there is a lot of risk involved with cars. Because of that risk things like seat belts, child seats, and air bags are required by the gov’t. Gov’t does extensive crash testing on every car and gives it a safety rating before it is allowed to be sold in the US. Anyone who operates a car is required to pass a test and punished if they are found operating a car without passing the test. Strict rules are established for where and how you drive your car.

Can someone please explain to me how the gov’t requiring me to wear a seatbelt, be sober, and drive on the right side of the road is taking my liberty or freedom away?

I read through the link and to assume, and state as fact, that there will be a football season based on that information involves a bit of a reach.
I doubt we'd have ever pulled the plug on life if that information was known up front. Under the worst case of the 5 scenarios you are still talking about a virus that is 1/4th as deadly as advertised as to symptomatic patients, and when you add in the asymptomatic patients it's down to about 1/5th, in the worst case. I don't care about the politics, put that aside, that's damn good news, if you are a human being.

I'm not advocating rushing anything, you clearly misunderstood my post.

Sure would be bad if a “gamechanging” drug was promoted to the public without any clinical evidence but for political gain, and ultimately that drug was shown (by initial reports) to increase risk of cardiac arrhythmia and death in setting of COVID... that would be a tragedy....
As for the vaccines, efficacy and safety profiles will have to be born out by robust clinical trials. There is optimism that will happen. But we will have to follow medical evidence

VN Store

Back