Best news in a long time

Are motor vehicle accidents contagious? Or were they rising at an exponential rate this spring?

They’re kinda contagious in the sense that I can give you one without you doing anything wrong. Thankfully, I can’t “infect” many people before I run out of cars and they’re not infectious for a while after I hit them.

meh. This analogy doesn’t work as well as I’d hoped.

Reactions: kcvols1
I think maybe because you never qualify a statement with “I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t believe we will have a season.”
The overall tone of your posts on this subject is that you’d rather be rIght and not have football, than be wrong and have football back.

It doesn't make any difference to me personally, I'm not going to any large/well-attended events in 2020. I've optioned my season tickets, cancelled a cruise, travel in a motorhome, everything I buy is delivered, soon to be OCONUS. If people choose differently, then they can infect each other in their bliss and joy...and childishness.

Because I have planned for this pandemic, I can see the entire COVID scene without a jaundiced eye. Simple really, err on the side of caution.

If you want to risk your life, go right ahead. Won't affect me at all.

Reactions: ohhbother and 08Vol

giphy.gif

It doesn't make any difference to me personally, I'm not going to any large/well-attended events in 2020. I've optioned my season tickets, cancelled a cruise, travel in a motorhome, everything I buy is delivered, soon to be OCONUS. If people choose differently, then they can infect each other in their bliss and joy...and childishness.

Because I have planned for this pandemic, I can see the entire COVID scene without a jaundiced eye. Simple really, err on the side of caution.

If you want to risk your life, go right ahead. Won't affect me at all.
That’s good that it won’t affect you at all from a personal standpoint. I find that point of view kind of interesting considering you’re on a University of Tennessee message board where sports and particularly football is the most popular topic discussed on it . I haven’t been to a game in a while, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want there to be football.

Are motor vehicle accidents contagious? Or were they rising at an exponential rate this spring?
Technically yes they are contagious.Especially if some innocent bystander is hit or run over by an irresponsible driver.0ne and a quarter million people are killed in car accidents each year with 20 to 50 million injured or disabled.How many of those do you think are caused by negligent drivers?I'm saying a bunch.

I heard Phil Robertson (that is the dad, right?) make a statement on Rick and Bubba yesterday that deserves more attention. "I'm not scared of dying but I'm terrified of losing my rights"!!! Now granted some will say consider the source but that statement rings loud and true for us all. Hopefully sports (college sports in particular) can lead the way with minimum issues. Of course they'll be some but we simply must move on and deal with things as best we can.
Phil Robertson is right. We gave away our right to assemble and have church without a word. Now we are fighting to take that right back. Whether you go to church or not this is important for various reasons. Divide and conquer has been around from time immemorial and is the way that military's win wars. Unfortunately our government puts us or divides us in the same manner. Canceling churches or football games may not mean much to some, but what right do we give up next? The current fight to open church or get a haircut shows how hard it is to get that right back. Nobody forces you to church or the barber shop or a football game but if I want to go it should be my choice. And if I get sick and die I will die a free man. Go vols and happy memorial day to vol nation

Technically yes they are contagious.Especially if some innocent bystander is hit or run over by an irresponsible driver.0ne and a quarter million people are killed in car accidents each year with 20 to 50 million injured or disabled.How many of those do you think are caused by negligent drivers?I'm saying a bunch.
Lol, no, try again. And you didn’t answer the second question.

Reactions: 08Vol
I mean this guy is knowledgeable, but this isn't exactly red letter writing. I'm hopefully optimistic.

Driver’s Ed taught me about car crashes. If you wreck because you are speeding on purpose, should it really be caused an accident.

Negligent drivers are responsible for 99% of “accidents”.

You know you can still have the virus (and therefore expose others) without having a temperature don't you?

I am ecstatic that the season is going to happen and if I can go, I'm going, but there is till some risk so taking appropriate steps for protection is a good thing.

So now we have to wear a mask and a condom?

You know you can still have the virus (and therefore expose others) without having a temperature don't you?

I am ecstatic that the season is going to happen and if I can go, I'm going, but there is till some risk so taking appropriate steps for protection is a good thing.
Just like any other disease/virus/illness..

At which point, your freedom becomes worthless.
Let a man eat his sad weekday dinners at Applebee’s in peace. For it is his right to do so. Same as it is his right to not tip his waitress, because she looks foreign. If he dies at his sacred Applebee’s his death will be unnecessarily premature, yet poetic and befitting of his wasted life and his negligible contributions to society. For although he may die, it is better to die free than miss out Applebee’s incredible anytizers.
- Sir Patrick Henry
(Quote all attributed to the dad on duck dynasty)

VN Store

Back