Baltimore question

Is Baltimore a dangerous and filthy place?

• Yes

Votes: 108 96.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
I do not know what buildings he owns in the Baltimore area or if they do not meet section 8, tax credit or what other programs he might be involved in. I do know that section 8 units and pretty sure tax credit properties are regularly inspected. VASH will withhold payment if units do not meet standards.
I was thinking if he made "millions" off of some units they cant be too trashy. At least some arent

I do not know what buildings he owns in the Baltimore area or if they do not meet section 8, tax credit or what other programs he might be involved in. I do know that section 8 units and pretty sure tax credit properties are regularly inspected. VASH will withhold payment if units do not meet standards.
I spent a year renting to section 8. This is my experience as well. In fact, if tenant complained to section 8 about anything to do with property i was notified to address grievance. Inspection happened before move in.

Reactions: tennvols77
I spent a year renting to section 8. This is my experience as well. In fact, if tenant complained to section 8 about anything to do with property i was notified to address grievance. Inspection happened before move in.

I strongly suspect BB is talking out of his ass. Desperately wants to talk about Kushner versus the slums lorded over by generations of Democrat administrations.

Yeah. But even without maintainence there are associated costs.
There are. I've found the lower priced property (to a point) gives a better ROI than premium properties. If i wasn't after appreciation, single wide trailers is where the money is.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
I strongly suspect BB is talking out of his ass. Desperately wants to talk about Kushner versus the slums lorded over by generations of Democrat administrations.
BB never talks out of his ass. What I have discussed in this thread comes from the Baltimore Sun. They have reported extensively on the Kushner properties in Baltimore County and what steaming piles of manure they are...

I used to work with a guy that bought a lower end house and lived in it for a few years, made some improvements and bought another, nicer house to live in. I don't remember the specific details, but he decided to rent the house out to a section 8 "person" and for whatever reason it wasn't good enough for them.
You have to ask yourself, if it was good enough for me, why isn't it good enough for someone getting it for free?

BB never talks out of his ass. What I have discussed in this thread comes from the Baltimore Sun. They have reported extensively on the Kushner properties in Baltimore County and what steaming piles of manure they are...

They could be slums and I gave you some valid business reasons why they would be.

Which one(s) are the slums? I very well might know exactly where it is.

Of course she had to resign out of disgrace. Clearly a white supremacist

I saw this last night. This is shameful and hilarious at the same time because of her genuine response to the 3rd World like standards of living - per Bernie Sanders.

Where’s the $16 bil given to Baltimore in federal grants gone? Cummings has some splaining to do.
Elijah lives in the 2000 block of Madison Ave. Nice neighborhood. Rented the upstairs apartment in his residence to a tenant. Perhaps he got some of the 16B.

Elijah lives in the 2000 block of Madison Ave. Nice neighborhood. Rented the upstairs apartment in his residence to a tenant. Perhaps he got some of the 16B.
Wouldn’t doubt it, but I’m a racist for assuming.

Wouldn’t doubt it, but I’m a racist for assuming.
Perhaps Elijah's wife got a little.

"Cummings, 68, a Maryland Democrat, is chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. Rockeymoore, 48, is the chairwoman of the Maryland Democratic Party and briefly ran in the state's gubernatorial race last year. The couple married in 2008.
Rockeymoore’s nonprofit group received over $6.2 million in grants between 2013 and 2016 from special interest groups and corporations. Several of the nonprofit group’s financial backers — which included Google, J.P. Morgan, and Prudential — have business interests before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. Cummings has served as Democratic chairman of the committee since January and previously served as ranking member."

Odd how these two democrat leaders in powerful positions are helpless to turn Baltimore around.

You mean an address? I have no idea.

Let me help you out. Here are the Kushner’s Baltimore County properties.

Which one is the slums? Not lux by any stretch. Most of these look like something you’d find off of Sutherland.

Curious what you mean by slums. These look nothing like what you will find in West Baltimore or the slums around Dundalk.

Fontana Village
Fontana Village Apartments - Rosedale, MD | Apartments.com

Essex Park
Essex Park Apartments - Essex, MD | Apartments.com

Cove Village
Cove Village Apartments - Essex, MD | Apartments.com

Commons at White Marsh
Commons at White Marsh Apartments - Middle River, MD | Apartments.com

Charlesmont Apartments
Charlesmont Apartment Homes Apartments - Dundalk, MD | Apartments.com

Chesapeake Village
Chesapeake Village Apartments - Middle River, MD | Apartments.com

Carriage Hill Apartment Homes
Carriage Hill Apartment Homes Apartments - Randallstown, MD | Apartments.com

Whispering Woods
Whispering Woods Apartments - Middle River, MD | Apartments.com

Riverview Apartments
Riverview Apartments - Baltimore, MD | Apartments.com

Highland Village Apartments
Highland Village Apartments - Lansdowne, MD | Apartments.com

Gwynn Oaks Landing
Gwynn Oaks Landing Apartment & Townhomes Apartments - Gwynn Oak, MD | Apartments.com

Morningside Park
Morningside Park Apartments - Middle River, MD | Apartments.com

Let me help you out. Here are the Kushner’s Baltimore County properties.

Which one is the slums? Not lux by any stretch. Most of these look like something you’d find off of Sutherland.

Curious what you mean by slums. These look nothing like what you will find in West Baltimore or the slums around Dundalk.

Fontana Village
Fontana Village Apartments - Rosedale, MD | Apartments.com

Essex Park
Essex Park Apartments - Essex, MD | Apartments.com

Cove Village
Cove Village Apartments - Essex, MD | Apartments.com

Commons at White Marsh
Commons at White Marsh Apartments - Middle River, MD | Apartments.com

Charlesmont Apartments
Charlesmont Apartment Homes Apartments - Dundalk, MD | Apartments.com

Chesapeake Village
Chesapeake Village Apartments - Middle River, MD | Apartments.com

Carriage Hill Apartment Homes
Carriage Hill Apartment Homes Apartments - Randallstown, MD | Apartments.com

Whispering Woods
Whispering Woods Apartments - Middle River, MD | Apartments.com

Riverview Apartments
Riverview Apartments - Baltimore, MD | Apartments.com

Highland Village Apartments
Highland Village Apartments - Lansdowne, MD | Apartments.com

Gwynn Oaks Landing
Gwynn Oaks Landing Apartment & Townhomes Apartments - Gwynn Oak, MD | Apartments.com

Morningside Park
Morningside Park Apartments - Middle River, MD | Apartments.com
Are you talking about Knoxville's Sutherland Ave? As in West High School and Dead End BBQ?

Edit: that is probably harsh. I actually do drive on Sutherland frequently.

Last edited:
Are you talking about Knoxville's Sutherland Ave? As in West High School and Dead End BBQ? That Sutherland = SLUMS.

Edit: that is probably harsh but it's certainly not a nice, new area. I actually do drive on Sutherland frequently.
My brother in law is going to be sad to learn his parents live in the slums.

Reactions: ajvol01
Are you talking about Knoxville's Sutherland Ave? As in West High School and Dead End BBQ? That Sutherland = SLUMS.

Edit: that is probably harsh but it's certainly not a nice, new area. I actually do drive on Sutherland frequently.

That is the Sutherland I am referencing. There are apartments up and down that road that look like these.

If that’s your definition of the slums I’d like to take you to west Baltimore.

VN Store

Back