Baltimore question

Is Baltimore a dangerous and filthy place?

• Yes

Votes: 108 96.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
I didn’t know Jared was the elected congressional representative for Baltimore!!!! And I didn’t know he has been the Congressional representative for 20 years. He must have aged well because he would have been like 15 or 16 years old when he was elected to represent half of Baltimore. The media has truly dropped the ball on this bombshell information.
Exactly what can a congressional rep. do? Cummings has zero oversight into the allocation of any funding in the city. He can secure federal funding but that is all... Blaming someone in Congress for the condition of a city is absurd. That is a matter for state and local government. However, it is completely fair to blame a property owner for the condition of their building, especially when they are receiving tax payer money for their project as Kushner is. How is that money being spent? It is relevant.

Baltimore may be a mismanaged and terrible place to live but Trump is the POTUS and shouldn't be attacking any city in the U.S. irrespective of it's partisan or horrid leadership. This sht is unecessarily divisive and again, the sheep are distracted by the feces flinging monkey.

I’m sorry but I haven’t seen him attack the city of Baltimore. He has attacked the leadership of the city starting with the member of Congress who is most closely tied to the health of his district for the last 20 years. The same member of Congress that who has been slinging feces from his very high perch “literally” in his committee to denounce and demoralize honest federal employees to promote and defend illegal immigrants instead of taking care of the very people “American Citizens” that he was elected to fight for and represent in Congress above other districts to help and bring prosperity to his communities. He’s a grifter and I hope many more are exposed for what they are. He and many others have exposed themselves. I know you are smart enough to see that. But I also know you will try to show me a different perspective.

Exactly what can a congressional rep. do?

Personally, I'm glad people haven't always had this opinion. How different would the world be if MLK, Jimmy Carter, Henry Ford, and countless others said, "what can I do"? Elijah could be like those leaders. He could use his position, his fame, and his influence to actually create something better. Instead, he uses their plight as a pry bar leveraging votes for perpetual power. There was a time when leaders set a vision for a better future. I don't believe many of those exist anymore. Certainly not in DC.

Exactly what can a congressional rep. do? Cummings has zero oversight into the allocation of any funding in the city. He can secure federal funding but that is all... Blaming someone in Congress for the condition of a city is absurd. That is a matter for state and local government. However, it is completely fair to blame a property owner for the condition of their building, especially when they are receiving tax payer money for their project as Kushner is. How is that money being spent? It is relevant.
LOL. Anything. Everything.

I assume you have never been involved in any aspect of the government, state or federal level.

I’m sorry but I haven’t seen him attack the city of Baltimore. He has attacked the leadership of the city starting with the member of Congress who is most closely tied to the health of his district for the last 20 years. The same member of Congress that who has been slinging feces from his very high perch “literally” in his committee to denounce and demoralize honest federal employees to promote and defend illegal immigrants instead of taking care of the very people “American Citizens” that he was elected to fight for and represent in Congress above other districts to help and bring prosperity to his communities. He’s a grifter and I hope many more are exposed for what they are. He and many others have exposed themselves. I know you are smart enough to see that. But I also know you will try to show me a different perspective.
Trump certainly did attack the city (and perhaps accurately). He did so as a means of retaliation against a member of Congress who has been critical of his immigration policy and the conditions of the border detention facilities. Trump did the same thing when he falsely claimed that Rep. John Lewis's district in Georgia was "falling apart" two years ago. In reality, Lewis's district is quite nice and affluent. Trump made an ignorant and false assumption against the district because Lewis is black. This is what Trump does. It's petty and vindictive. However, he should have also had the self-awareness to know that his son-in-law (and also a member of his administration), Jared Kushner, receives tax payer-funded money for the lower-income housing property that he owns in Baltimore County, and has a responsibility to maintain the property to a minimum standard. Apparently, he has been falling short of that.

So a 20 year Democratic Congressman in that city has no say so or influence on the rest of the Democrats that run his city. He is the highest ranking government official in that city of Democrats at every level of the local government. For 20 years. And your telling me that no other Democrat below him will do exactly what he says or at a minimum not piss him off because he is the genesis of all the money delegated to his district from the federal government “taxpayers”. Your defense is Jared owning some apartments in Baltimore and Trump is somehow controlling the Rampant Democratic machine that is Baltimore for his personal gain. Got it

Trump certainly did attack the city (and perhaps accurately). He did so as a means of retaliation against a member of Congress who has been critical of his immigration policy and the conditions of the border detention facilities. Trump did the same thing when he falsely claimed that Rep. John Lewis's district in Georgia was "falling apart" two years ago. In reality, Lewis's district is quite nice and affluent. Trump made an ignorant and false assumption against the district because Lewis is black. This is what Trump does. It's petty and vindictive. However, he should have also had the self-awareness to know that his son-in-law (and also a member of his administration), Jared Kushner, receives tax payer-funded money for the lower-income housing property that he owns in Baltimore County, and has a responsibility to maintain the property to a minimum standard. Apparently, he has been falling short of that.

I admit I don’t know anything about your accusations about John Lewis. I will research it. Not tonight though. But based on past precedence Trump has not attacked based on race. You and I will just have to disagree on that. Be back tomorrow night. Family time

So a 20 year Democratic Congressman in that city has no say so or influence on the rest of the Democrats that run his city. He is the highest ranking government official in that city of Democrats at every level of the local government. For 20 years. And your telling me that no other Democrat below him will do exactly what he says or at a minimum not piss him off because he is the genesis of all the money delegated to his district from the federal government “taxpayers”. Your defense is Jared owning some apartments in Baltimore and Trump is somehow controlling the Rampant Democratic machine that is Baltimore for his personal gain. Got it
There is a lot of blame to go around... you can't really place it on any one person. It was many years in the making and an entire community to blame... However, it is strange that Trump chose to run down this particular city - in light of his son-in-law. It is perfectly reasonable to ask any landlord who receives tax payer funds, if those funds are being applied to the maintenance of the building or not. Trump has no self-awareness.

There is a lot of blame to go around... you can't really place it on any one person. It was many years in the making and an entire community to blame... However, it is strange that Trump chose to run down this particular city - in light of his son-in-law. It is perfectly reasonable to ask any landlord who receives tax payer funds, if those funds are being applied to the maintenance of the building or not. Trump has no self-awareness.

Send me any links you got about Jared and his property and I will read them with an open mind.

Personally, I'm glad people haven't always had this opinion. How different would the world be if MLK, Jimmy Carter, Henry Ford, and countless others said, "what can I do"? Elijah could be like those leaders. He could use his position, his fame, and his influence to actually create something better. Instead, he uses their plight as a pry bar leveraging votes for perpetual power. There was a time when leaders set a vision for a better future. I don't believe many of those exist anymore. Certainly not in DC.

Head , Nail , Hammer . You would think it would be simple logic to think someone so powerful , with access to media platforms , could do something if they wished to . Like a pro football player using his notoriety to try and change cultural norms or celebrities using their notoriety to try and change votes or rappers using theirs to point out the injustice of how blacks were treated during a natural disaster like Katrina . I suppose politicians are some kind of protected species when it comes to responsibility , ethics and their lack of power when it comes to actually making a difference .

Reactions: McDad
Here's the only sentence on page 1 of Cummingsforcongress:
Stay Connected
Elijah is passionate about the work he does to ease the pain and challenges Maryland families face. Get updates about all of his latest work and ways that you can get involved.

Immediately followed by the rep "in the news", voter registration, and a volunteer to help reelect him.

Him living his passion is an inspiration to us all.

2017 was when the interstate bridge collapsed over 85, and an empty pipe under 20 was overpressurized on blew a hole in the road.

Atlanta was falling apart at that time. Also I am pretty sure they were digging up about a block and a half of clay watermain on Peachtree st right in front of my office. thats right, clay pipe right in Midtown.

and the 5th district is more than just Buckhead, Midtown, Downtown. go anywhere south, east (not as much now but two years ago kinda), west and it gets gnarly fast.

while we are ranting about misplaced funding 2017 wasn't too long after all that government (local) money went into the new Marietta Braves stadium and pissed off a lot of your "nice and affluent" people.

lets see, City Hall was also cleaning house on some bribery cases. including all the way up to Mayor Reeds staff. and then all of this.
Revelations mar former Atlanta mayor’s legacy

Atlanta ain't no Baltimore, dont get me wrong. but there were some major issues at that time.

Reactions: McDad

Democrats built that.

Reactions: FLVOL69

Use some of the federal funds ($15.7 billion in his district in fiscal year 2018) to actually help the people in Baltimore.

President Trump has given $16 billion in 2018 alone to Elijah Cummings’ district

Umm he’s chairman of the oversight committee.

From the oversight committee website.
Fair enough. I forgot that he is, in fact, on the oversight committee. He certainly does bear some responsibility then. My error...

...now, back to Kushner. He does receive tax payer dollars for some of his housing projects. Whether or not those funds are being allocated for the maintenance of his rental property is an important detail in this matter. If not, then he certainly shares in the blame for the living conditions in Baltimore County.

Fair enough. I forgot that he is, in fact, on the oversight committee. He certainly does bear some responsibility then. My error...

...now, back to Kushner. He does receive tax payer dollars for some of his housing projects. Whether or not those funds are being allocated for the maintenance of his rental property is an important detail in this matter. If not, then he certainly shares in the blame for the living conditions in Baltimore County.

Let’s call the esteemed Mueller our of retirement and get another one of his brilliant reports.

I do not know what buildings he owns in the Baltimore area or if they do not meet section 8, tax credit or what other programs he might be involved in. I do know that section 8 units and pretty sure tax credit properties are regularly inspected. VASH will withhold payment if units do not meet standards.

A bit angry I see.

I countered a poster arguing a point that he has zero knowledge of, one just taking inflammatory snippets from articles that don't give a complete picture. And I see that you do not either.

Come back when you can post coherently.

😂🤣

Projection, much? I’m not the one who has to take multi-week breaks to calm himself.

So dumb.

VN Store

Back