Bailey led the team in passing

If you read anything i written I stated that BM played horribly and that HB needs the start and reps...BM needs to re-focus....
its not focus...its who he is. he cant read defenses at all. like its so bad im questioning the validity of his qb play in hs. it is horrific

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
its not focus...its who he is. he cant read defenses at all. like its so bad im questioning the validity of his qb play in hs. it is horrific
Honestly only time will tell.....I'm willing to bet on him developing into good QB....will it be here....i doubt it..he doesn't mesh with CJP...but he will land on a power 5 team and be successful..

Reactions: cgrish
Honestly only time will tell.....I'm willing to bet on him developing into good QB....will it be here....i doubt it..he doesn't mesh with CJP...but he will land on a power 5 team and be successful..
he may land power5, but success aint it

he had single reads. once they took that away.....he was exposed badly. he got hurt because he scrambled due to that read being taken away. some of yall watch, but just dont understand football. maurer is very below average at reading defenses
Apparently you don’t watch if you did you would realize his injury came at the end of the GA from a hit by a blitzing corner he did not pick up and as I stated he hasn’t been the same since that injury.

I agree GA adjusted and we did not but how much of that is on the coaching staff and not the player. If you couldn’t see BM potential in that first half maybe it is you who doesn‘t understand football.

he may land power5, but success aint it
You do know that brett farve (not making a comp) only had a 40.7 comp% his freshman year over 11 games and 275....so im sorry but it a but premature to call anyone a bust when examples of both outcomes are plentiful...

Bailey did play at times like a Freshman but as a very talented freshman. This season is a wash at this point. Give Bailey the team and let him mature.

Something that hasn’t been mentioned is the calm but rapid pace he got them lined up...thought that was a main reason JG was starting?
Havent heard it in that regard.

Bailey has shown the tools are there, give him the reps and let him learn.

Havent heard it in that regard.

Bailey has shown the tools are there, give him the reps and let him learn.
It was really stressed in observations of JT Shrout. Praised his arm but stated he struggled in getting players lined up. Guess it’s never been an issue with Maurer. The gist of it was that JG was valued in that department. Most of that impression was from VQ.

It was really stressed in observations of JT Shrout. Praised his arm but stated he struggled in getting players lined up. Guess it’s never been an issue with Maurer. The gist of it was that JG was valued in that department. Most of that impression was from VQ.
I remember something being said last year about it in regards to running plays.

Our game plan right now is, run it til they either force 3rd and long or we re behind 2 scores and the game is now in jeopardy.

Its didn't work Saturday, and its not going to work going forward this year or any other. The only chance at changing the "plan" to something that can win is changing the equation. The answer is going to stay the same with the same variables.

Reactions: butchna
The routes weren't covered of course, that had a bit to do with it.
How many of those uncovered routes would JG have overlooked and pushed downfield into coverage? Bailey was composed enough to pick the easy route underneath 4 times in a row. I'm dubious that JG would have even seen the open route 4 times.

Reactions: mercuryvol
He put put up the same stats JG does in an entire game in just 2 drives.
Please temper your enthusiasm with the fact he threw 2 interceptions in those two drives as well. He will be a superstar, but he is human. I hope he starts the rest of the season.

Reactions: tennrich1
remember how many times i desperately tried explaining this to you and 1vol8 all last yr, the offseason, and into this yr?
And it was not true or at least consistently true. I'm not writing him off. I just don't think it will happen for him at UT. I think he will make a very good QB for someone. I think he could have been a good QB for UT had Pruitt chosen to invest all that time and effort instead of in JG.

i told u vs uga, bama, and anyone else he played against once they took that simple read away....outside of one throw he's terrible at reading defenses. i was prolly the first to mention it.
He's a young player that needs time in the saddle and coaching. I'm not sure he "read" D's much last year. I think he played mostly on instinct and tried to get the ball out as fast as possible.

PS- you've also defended JG to ridiculous proportions... so you shouldn't beat your chest too much.

Reactions: whodeycin85
How many of those uncovered routes would JG have overlooked and pushed downfield into coverage? Bailey was composed enough to pick the easy route underneath 4 times in a row. I'm dubious that JG would have even seen the open route 4 times.
No. There's really no good defense for those throws. He didn't have time to take the check downs. He will have to be coached up on situational awareness.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Please temper your enthusiasm with the fact he threw 2 interceptions in those two drives as well. He will be a superstar, but he is human. I hope he starts the rest of the season.
He took chances. After watching JG's hyper cautious approach for 4 years... I'm really not too upset that a young QB tried to force the issue.

PS- not quite fair to count that last pick when evaluating him compared to JG.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Bailey did play at times like a Freshman but as a very talented freshman. This season is a wash at this point. Give Bailey the team and let him mature.
I think it's time too. I thought we'd have seen more from him considering how bad we've played this season. I'm hoping he trots out as QB1 this Saturday and that we also see more Freshmen on the field from here on out. I think that's how Pruitt will play it the rest of the season, maybe we'll get us an upset win somewhere along the way.

Last time I checked, interceptions are part of the stat line so yes....I was talking about that too.

You do know that brett farve (not making a comp) only had a 40.7 comp% his freshman year over 11 games and 275....so im sorry but it a but premature to call anyone a bust when examples of both outcomes are plentiful...
Brett Favre could throw a football through a brick wall and was a gamer. This is almost as pitiful as someone using Brady as a comparison as to why Dobbs can't get on the field in the NFL

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I watched most of the Marietta games last year either ESPN or the school stream and was really impressed with HB. The Marietta vs St. Joseph's game was when I really jumped on the HB hype train.

St. Joseph's QB is committed to Ohio St. St. Joseph's scores with under 2 minutes left to take the lead. HB was on the sideline hyping his teammates up and even told one player, 'I got this."
Led the game winning drive and at one point took a heck of a hit out of bounds that received 15 yard penalty.

Skip to the 15 minute mark to watch said drive.

Brett Favre could throw a football through a brick wall and was a gamer. This is almost as pitiful as someone using Brady as a comparison as to why Dobbs can't get on the field in the NFL
Is reading comprehension an issue for you or do you just like arguing??? I clearly stated not a comp..... then using his freshman stats stated it premature to call HB or BM a bust.....

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
All the debate about which QB is better is like arguing whether the commodity peanut butter is better than the commodity cheese.

I remember when we used to be somebody...I think

VN Store

Back