Bailey led the team in passing

\

Good one.

But still it could be the difference between a few more wins this year or going winless.

You will do all you can to blame JG.

We were winning the game with him in. BM could not maintain the lead.

The game was not about JG. It was about the other guys not stepping up second half.

You just expose yourself more and more with idiotic posts like this.
You do realize that Arkansas took the lead before BM even came on the field....your hero started the 2nd half with a JG like 3 and out...classic k-town. Feelings not facts

Reactions: tnvols72
When he is ready start him. Still not ready though. You don't trade wins now for wins next year or two years down the road.
What wins are we going to get other than (hopefully) Vandy? Our offense is performing at an all-time low. The defensive coordinators we go up against make their adjustments at halftime every time we show anything positive on offense and shut us down. The wins you mentioned don’t look probable at all.

That's an impressive spin job, k-town_king. You've outdone yourself on this one. Guarantano got injured. Arkansas then marched down the field and scored to take a 14-13 lead. When Maurer took the field for his first play, UT was LOSING 14-13. Only ONE UT QB had taken a snap in the game at that point - your idol, Jarrett Guarantano.

Last edited:
Nobody’s ever as good or bad as one outing.
I agree!!! All these Maurer sucks guys need to go back and watch the GA game from last year before his injury. He was 10-18 with 2 TD passes in the first half against one of the best defenses in the league.

He took a big hit at the end of that game and actually passed out on the sideline and hasn’t been the same player since. Maybe he is scared now I am not sure but he is most definitely a different player now than then.

Reactions: whodeycin85
\

No. I just have my eyes open and understand how a limited, subpar QB limits the O. There are other problems. But part of what I do in "real life" is deal with problems in a manufacturing environment. If a particular problem limits your production to 50% of capacity... you may still have a lot of other problems that prevent you from getting to where you should be running. But you cannot fix or even find those problems until you eliminate that first limitation. That's where UT is with JG. He didn't make many "mistakes" in this game. It is a matter of what he can't do... more than what he does. His lack of ability makes him and the O too easy to defend.

LOL. UT's run game was working and Arkansas adjusted.... their adjustment was designed to take advantage of JG's weaknesses. They took away the run and dared UT to beat them with their 5th year SR QB. Once again... it worked.

BM played very poorly. He panicked and ran out of good pockets. He stared down receivers essentially from the snap. He missed some good run lanes that might have helped loosen Arkansas' zone. He looked as if he's regressed.

NONE of that makes JG anything more than an ineffective QB.

The game was not about JG. It was about the other guys not stepping up second half.
Yeah. It WAS about a 5th year Sr who is much too easy to defend. You can live in denial but that's what this is. Maurer didn't play himself into more opportunities IMO. Bailey needs to be the focus for the remainder of this season and let the chips fall wherever they will.

You just expose yourself more and more with idiotic posts like this.
You know... the "jury" of other posters here have pretty overwhelmingly agreed with me over you. Every time you make a comment like this... look in the mirror. Most folks here see you as the "idiot".

Last edited:
So now one ints have context....??? Just because it's HB.... both JGv and BM hand ints that you could say wasn't thier fault, but they still counted
Like I said, I would rather watch Bailey throw ints and get experience than watch JG throw another pass. JG sucks and has from day one and so does Pruitt

Reactions: whodeycin85
Start HB, if we're down and out or have the game firmly in hand late late in the 4th qtr, which hasn't been determined yet, let JG come in for one series and throw 1 pass on 3rd and long to massage his ego

As for whether Bailey or JG is the better option, I'm assuming that Pruitt is listening to Chaney who ought to know something about qbs.

Maurer while doing it with zero protection...

...bc our coaches are stupid.

Did Maurer throw at all? I thought he just handed off every play. Admittedly I had kind of quit paying attention by that point, was focused more on bitching about the game on VolNation.

He also faced a prevent defense that gave him the underneath. The others (JG and Maurer) were staring down the barrel of 0 blitzes all night long.
Not all night long, just as soon as Arkansas figured out that we weren't even going to try to pass hardly.

Reactions: 1vol8
As for whether Bailey or JG is the better option, I'm assuming that Pruitt is listening to Chaney who ought to know something about qbs.
With the concussion protocol, if Pruitt overlooks it to throw JG out there again? It’s a determined result. Guarantano shouldn’t even be attending practice.

Did Maurer throw at all? I thought he just handed off every play. Admittedly I had kind of quit paying attention by that point, was focused more on bitching about the game on VolNation.
0-4

What wins are we going to get other than (hopefully) Vandy? Our offense is performing at an all-time low. The defensive coordinators we go up against make their adjustments at halftime every time we show anything positive on offense and shut us down. The wins you mentioned don’t look probable at all.

We have a chance every game

Who’s winning?

No team with Bm at qb.

That's an impressive spin job, k-town_king. You've outdone yourself on this one. Guarantano got injured. Arkansas then marched down the field and scored to take a 14-13 lead. When Maurer took the field for his first play, UT was LOSING 14-13. Only ONE UT QB had taken a snap in the game at that point - your idol, Jarrett Guarantano.

JG left the game winning. He was winning while in.

Bm can't produce one score to take take the lead back or get back into the game? If he leads us to the same amount of points JG did then we win.
He completed one on the left sideline.
Can't even be honest about the stats. lmao

Reactions: lexkyvol
He also faced a prevent defense that gave him the underneath. The others (JG and Maurer) were staring down the barrel of 0 blitzes all night long.
is trash and proved it yet once again....but i see how u slid ole prevent in as an excuse

Maurer sucks period. Maurer never once used his pocket, and scrambled outside of it throwing off of his back foot consistently. Kid had 3+ series to show what he had and almost threw an interception into triple coverage.(should of been intercepted but the DB sucked)

Bailey got blitzed and stayed in the pocket avoided the blitz by stepping up, on the post route he threw that was beautiful.
whodey, 1vol8, and stj will all find some way to excuse these facts. even the commentator replayed one and said the was absolutely no reason for maurer to leave the pocket

I'm not dismissing Maurer as a player. I've been pretty supportive. But unlike last year... he badly mismanaged the pocket and panicked. He looked a lot like JG his first year except he threw the ball rather than eating sacks. I've been pretty tough on JG but BM locking in on targets pretty much from the snap isn't where he should be as a player.

There will be some growing pains with either of the young guys. But at least there will be a real opportunity for "growth". IMO, JG is pretty much at his ceiling as a player... and the O is at its ceiling with him at QB.
remember how many times i desperately tried explaining this to you and 1vol8 all last yr, the offseason, and into this yr? i told u vs uga, bama, and anyone else he played against once they took that simple read away....outside of one throw he's terrible at reading defenses. i was prolly the first to mention it.

whodey, 1vol8, and stj will all find some way to excuse these facts. even the commentator replayed one and said the was absolutely no reason for maurer to leave the pocket
If you read anything i written I stated that BM played horribly and that HB needs the start and reps...BM needs to re-focus....

I agree!!! All these Maurer sucks guys need to go back and watch the GA game from last year before his injury. He was 10-18 with 2 TD passes in the first half against one of the best defenses in the league.

He took a big hit at the end of that game and actually passed out on the sideline and hasn’t been the same player since. Maybe he is scared now I am not sure but he is most definitely a different player now than then.
he had single reads. once they took that away.....he was exposed badly. he got hurt because he scrambled due to that read being taken away. some of yall watch, but just dont understand football. maurer is very below average at reading defenses

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back