Backyard Bird Watchers

Living in Southern Cali, if we left the deck doors open, we could because of no bugs, View attachment 489538View attachment 489539they regularly visited indoors.
Did they **** everywhere? My wife left the door cracked and one of the Wrens living in the wreath got in the house. **** about 4 or 5 times in the 2 minutes it was flying around. Guess it could have been stress induced.

Did they **** everywhere? My wife left the door cracked and one of the Wrens living in the wreath got in the house. **** about 4 or 5 times in the 2 minutes it was flying around. Guess it could have been stress induced.
Sure, squirted like a duck just real small. They were a crowd pleaser until one flew into a ceiling fan! I had turned it off but was still coasting to a stop. Wack, dropped like a rock, my girls were going to crucify me for killing the little guy. Wife held it in her hands and sure enough it came back to life. That ended all the fun !
Pic is her holding poor fellaD3CC3DA0-910A-4DDA-9F87-C30ACA9D5716.jpeg

Reminds me of my house in Virginia. We had this huge living room window facing the morning sun that would reflect the sky/trees opposite of it, and at least once a week a robin would fly into it and die. Pretty sad.

Had the hummingbird face off of the year at one of our feeders. Two equals would not back down. It lasted 10 minutes!

Reactions: VolNExile
One hummingbird has claimed my remaining feeder and is chasing new visitors.

Barred owls are in my neighborhood. I hear them. One has issued a wild yawp. The others are hooting laughingly. It’s grand!
Had a great horned owl in my backyard yesterday. Heard the hoot, spotted it in a tree, ran to get my binocs and poof it's gone

Reactions: Tin Man
Flock of robins in my front yard. The one that’s taken up residence in my neighbors’ yard is freaking out.

Well, the Canadian geese are back on the pond. SMH This means in about a month I will have goose poop everywhere. I love to watch them when the parents are teaching the young ones how to fly and be a goose. But, I wish they would just poop in the grass and not on my front porch, sidewalk, and driveway. This is this breeding pair's 4th year on the pond. I know it is the same pair because the male sits on my neighbor's roof and watches over the female while she is in the nest. lmao

Well, the Canadian geese are back on the pond. SMH This means in about a month I will have goose poop everywhere. I love to watch them when the parents are teaching the young ones how to fly and be a goose. But, I wish they would just poop in the grass and not on my front porch, sidewalk, and driveway. This is this breeding pair's 4th year on the pond. I know it is the same pair because the male sits on my neighbor's roof and watches over the female while she is in the nest. lmao
That saying “Slicker’n goose chit” didn’t come out of nowhere, that’s for sure!

Reactions: Vol524
That's awesome.

VN Store

Back