Backyard Bird Watchers

So idk if y'all remember last year I had a wren nest in my back door wreath. Well now this year I have a finch nest in my front door wreath. I didn't really want to go through this again but.....there's eggs. I just give the door a tap before I leave so they fly away.

View attachment 546183

My wife loves it. "be careful opening the door we're raising babies"
Have you considered taking down your wreaths, at least in early spring? 🤪

I shouldn’t talk. We were out of town for a bit over a week and returned to find a nest in the eaves over the back yard. I’m sure the birds thought they’d found a nice quiet spot, not over a door used by two people and a cat every 15 minutes all day long.

If the birds stay, I guess we’ll have to switch to the sunroom door. 🙄

Have you considered taking down your wreaths, at least in early spring? 🤪

I shouldn’t talk. We were out of town for a bit over a week and returned to find a nest in the eaves over the back yard. I’m sure the birds thought they’d found a nice quiet spot, not over a door used by two people and a cat every 15 minutes all day long.

If the birds stay, I guess we’ll have to switch to the sunroom door. 🙄
Lol well I took the one on the back door down, I honestly didn't think they would use the front door because it gets used a lot more. It's coming down next year though.

Reactions: VolNExile
So idk if y'all remember last year I had a wren nest in my back door wreath. Well now this year I have a finch nest in my front door wreath. I didn't really want to go through this again but.....there's eggs. I just give the door a tap before I leave so they fly away.

View attachment 546183

My wife loves it. "be careful opening the door we're raising babies"
My mom and dad for years had a wren in a hanging plant on their back porch. Named the male Trubador. My dad tamed him to the point t he would eat from his hand.

I’m loving having these gold finches in my yard. Pretty and joyously talkative, I suspect they’ll clear out with the front moving in tomorrow. Alas…
Why would they leave?

While you enjoy one of the most beautiful birds in the Eastern NA. I've got robins fighting constantly for territory in my yard. It's a joy to watch them lol

Had a pileated woodpecker crash into the window about 2 feet from my head yesterday. I thought someone hit a baseball and hit the window. After I changed my underwear, I checked on the bird. He was dazed and confused for about 10 minutes and then flew off.

Had a pileated woodpecker crash into the window about 2 feet from my head yesterday. I thought someone hit a baseball and hit the window. After I changed my underwear, I checked on the bird. He was dazed and confused for about 10 minutes and then flew off.
Glad for the happy ending.

Reactions: VolNExile
Bluebirds have elected to nest in the wren box in my backyard. So far, they are successful. No common wrens have appeared. I hope that they raise a brood.

VN Store

Back