Aviation Discussion

My Dad's fighter squadron in the Philippines VC-5 1967 and 1968
1619584555605.jpeg
His TA-4J Skyhawk he flew at Barber's Point Naval Air Base VC-1 1974 and 1975
images

Last edited:
Are they in classrooms or actually on the floor
D-side trainees have started showing up on the floor the past couple of weeks. We’ve been running r-schools and training r-sides for months. Only people that aren’t back are those who haven’t been to d-school yet.

Of course my first two weeks back on the floor I get crushed by weather days. On the bright side, my typing has gotten a lot of much needed practice haha.

@ATC_VOL

Literally three hours away from reaching minimums on my High with a checkride planned for Friday and they pulled the plug on me today. I’m going to lose out on so much money if this is another extended break. Starting to get pretty discouraged haha.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
@ATC_VOL

Literally three hours away from reaching minimums on my High with a checkride planned for Friday and they pulled the plug on me today. I’m going to lose out on so much money if this is another extended break. Starting to get pretty discouraged haha.

Are those your first 2? I guess they suspended training there? We’re still training here.

Are those your first 2? I guess they suspended training there? We’re still training here.

Yeah, just my first two. But I thought I’d be off AG pay a year ago haha. It’s suspended indefinitely. They told me to just go socially distance and find something to do away from CPCs and they’d have more info for me tomorrow. Hope you all don’t cave and just keep those dudes training.

Yeah, just my first two. But I thought I’d be off AG pay a year ago haha. It’s suspended indefinitely. They told me to just go socially distance and find something to do away from CPCs and they’d have more info for me tomorrow. Hope you all don’t cave and just keep those dudes training.

That sucks a lot, sorry man. My d-side trainee just got his first two last week. I had heard rumors about facilities suspending training but nothing concrete. We just started our mask mandate again today though.

By the way, have you met your new ATM yet?

That sucks a lot, sorry man. My d-side trainee just got his first two last week. I had heard rumors about facilities suspending training but nothing concrete. We just started our mask mandate again today though.

By the way, have you met your new ATM yet?

He lucked up. Well I’m happy for him, at least. Masks started Saturday after area 2 was almost entirely wiped out. More positives today, so they just suspended it entirely.

I have. She seems okay. She hasn’t been as well received I think because of the Correct Action Plan she’s pushing.

We got the news about them having 3 people on Friday when I was going home, pretty wild.

She became a frontline in my area right before I got checked out.

We got the news about them having 3 people on Friday when I was going home, pretty wild.

She became a frontline in my area right before I got checked out.

I think TMU routed everyone but arrivals to airports in their airspace around them. Pretty sure ZTL took most of the hit on that. Those dudes move some planes.

She’s awfully young to have already made ATM. What did you think of her?

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I think TMU routed everyone but arrivals to airports in their airspace around them. Pretty sure ZTL took most of the hit on that. Those dudes move some planes.

She’s awfully young to have already made ATM. What did you think of her?

She’s extremely ambitious. Wouldn’t surprise me to see her as administrator or something close to it someday. Pleasant most of the time, bit of a micromanager when I knew her.

Reactions: Tri-CitiesVol
She’s extremely ambitious. Wouldn’t surprise me to see her as administrator or something close to it someday. Pleasant most of the time, bit of a micromanager when I knew her.

I can already tell she sees this CAP and the results as her ticket to the top.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Why are they abandoning the Cessna 208 variants in Afghanistan? Big demand for used 208s.

VN Store

Back