Aviation Discussion

ATC_VOL

He said it was from this morning, but maybe he had it wrong. He’s an ancient SAIC guy.
Probably just a normal push then. That NE corner gets pretty busy at times. Lately it’s just all SWA though. I did see we were only around 20% less volume than this time last year though, so it is starting to pick up some.

Looking for the best air charter company out of Knoxville. Turboprop is fine because it would be mostly to NC and SC for 1-4 people. Any advice appreciated.
https://www.charterhub.com/listings...498&Longitude=-83.8736111&Latitude=35.9636111

While not a turboprop, the C340 and Baron listed in the link would accomplish the mission at a reasonable price.

Nashville has plenty of options, but you’d probably have to pay for the empty ferry to TYS.

I know of a King Air 200 that’s based out of KCPF. I think a BE20 goes for roughly 16-1700/hr.

Planesense is a charter company that operates PC-12’s. I saw them come through quite a bit when I was working at KTRI. That’s a reasonable cost per hour as well.

yoyoyoyo

https://www.charterhub.com/listings...498&Longitude=-83.8736111&Latitude=35.9636111

While not a turboprop, the C340 and Baron listed in the link would accomplish the mission at a reasonable price.

Nashville has plenty of options, but you’d probably have to pay for the empty ferry to TYS.

I know of a King Air 200 that’s based out of KCPF. I think a BE20 goes for roughly 16-1700/hr.

Planesense is a charter company that operates PC-12’s. I saw them come through quite a bit when I was working at KTRI. That’s a reasonable cost per hour as well.
Thanks for the info. I have trips to Greenville, Columbia, Hilton Head and Wilmington areas. Preferred airline is Delta but flight schedules have been reduced so much it’s becoming more inconvenient to fly commercial. Don’t mind paying more for convenience but not wanting to drop $5k a trip either.

Thanks for the info. I have trips to Greenville, Columbia, Hilton Head and Wilmington areas. Preferred airline is Delta but flight schedules have been reduced so much it’s becoming more inconvenient to fly commercial. Don’t mind paying more for convenience but not wanting to drop $5k a trip either.
If it’s just 1-2 pax, something like a SR22 would get it done for $500-600 an hour I bet.

Your group should split the cost of a plane and one of you get your license!

I’ve thought about a license but it’s borderline if I would use it enough. You know anywhere that uses the SR22?
CIRRUS Charter Aircraft at Tennessee

Knoxville is the service center for Cirrus, so maybe they’d have a lead on the best option for you. I did see a few for charter in Greenville, SC as well.

VN Store

Sponsors