Aviation Discussion

Not a huge Tilt-Rotor guy, but I hope they win the Future Vertical Lift contract.
It looks like a Blackhawk frame until you get to the tail. It probably doesn't have the capacity or lift that the Osprey does but it looks like it has more speed and maneuverability than they do.

It looks like a Blackhawk frame until you get to the tail. It probably doesn't have the capacity or lift that the Osprey does but it looks like it has more speed and maneuverability than they do.

This is what it’s competing against.

Attachments

• CDA6F0C7-CC69-4B87-BBF5-A0BB83204EDB.jpeg
    CDA6F0C7-CC69-4B87-BBF5-A0BB83204EDB.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 9
I’m sure they probably have smaller versions planned, but the problem I see with the V-280 is how big of an LZ it would need, especially in multi-ship operations. Looks pretty thicc.

Well, I guess you can't everything you want...…..;);)

Haha, he wanted Apaches but none were available for COs. He finished second on the OML and still didn’t get his pick.

I’m a little bummed that TN only has 60s. I missed the 58 by just a couple years and it would’ve certainly been my first choice. Guns next, though 🤙🏻

Reactions: rs16
Haha, he wanted Apaches but none were available for COs. He finished second on the OML and still didn’t get his pick.

I’m a little bummed that TN only has 60s. I missed the 58 by just a couple years and it would’ve certainly been my first choice. Guns next, though 🤙🏻
I know there were Cobras here at TYS in the 90s. One was an aircraft I actually flew in VN in 1970.

It was worth a shot. I knew some of the older guys who were active in Vietnam then switched to the guard to finish it out.

A few yrs back I owned a Cessna 172. A few day ago I was cleaning out a closet and found the original owners manual. Is there a way to find who owns the plane now by the tail number??
The owners manual need to be back with the plane. I've totally forgotten why I ever removed it.

A few yrs back I owned a Cessna 172. A few day ago I was cleaning out a closet and found the original owners manual. Is there a way to find who owns the plane now by the tail number??
The owners manual need to be back with the plane. I've totally forgotten why I ever removed it.

Check then registration number on the FAA website. It should show current registered owner info.

Reactions: Tri-CitiesVol

You can search the tail number, but they could’ve changed it, I believe.

Reactions: rs16
I know there were Cobras here at TYS in the 90s. One was an aircraft I actually flew in VN in 1970.

After the Cobras they got the 58D because of the state’s cav regiment. When the Army decided to retire the KW warrior and pull Apaches to active component, a bunch of 60s were repurposed to the NG. We ended up as a medevac unit.

I worked nearby and witnessed all the transition, went downhill as far as I was concerned. ;)

VN Store

Back