Attendance

What about people that want to have a cigarette or vape during 20 2minute commercials? Is either allowed on the entire premises now? We have a dude now in the flag girl team? We have Happy Holidays” spelled by the band not to mention how stale they are, let’s play Star Wars again or da na na na na na da na ah, even the cheerleaders are doing yoga or some crap. If you have no headphones you are completely lost with developments in the game and they show no replays of “bad plays”, just a screwed up mess across the board for me and mine .. oh and got schelacked on the field

I think students were home for Thanksgiving. I haven’t been on the strip pregame since 04ish. It was a ghost town today. Since going to games with my dad when I was a kid, I’ve never seen the strip that dead.

The crowd was getting started until the pick/fumble/busted coverage shet show started. We are gonna have to win a few more games and everything will come back.

Lots of Vol fans in black coats. Very small contingent of Mizzu fans.
As someone who used to own a business on the strip over 10 years ago, the city and the merchants association have no desire to see it the way that it "used to be." The strip only has about 3 actual bars left on it, and the rest are restaurants. The building that I occupied (plus the old Chili's/Goal Post Tavern) and many others have been demolished to make room for housing. The strip is dead and developers have made it impossible for it to ever return.

We live in Nashville and try to make 1 game a year as we have 4 kids so it’s an expensive trip. Anyway, this was our last chance for this year and I decided to not risk it as I figured we didn’t match up well with Missouri’s O and sadly I was right. Still might take family to the Vandy game but don’t feel to good about our chances with them either.

Reactions: 08Vol
What about people that want to have a cigarette or vape during 20 2minute commercials? Is either allowed on the entire premises now? We have a dude now in the flag girl team? We have Happy Holidays” spelled by the band not to mention how stale they are, let’s play Star Wars again or da na na na na na da na ah, even the cheerleaders are doing yoga or some crap. If you have no headphones you are completely lost with developments in the game and they show no replays of “bad plays”, just a screwed up mess across the board for me and mine .. oh and got schelacked on the field

Mirrored my experience yesterday.

Reactions: Sara Clark
THE INEPT UT AD program has almost killed the Golden Goose. GG is in critical condition and another lack-luster effort and loss to vandy maybe enough to finish him off. I was offered 2 free tickets to todays game ( the latest in a long line of embarrassments ) and I am so glad I stayed home where I could drink to kill the pain of watching these wretches fall all over the field. Sad, very sad. Based on the thousands of empty seats- people are fed up with this clusterfock that Vol FB has been for 10 years.
Attendence will be even worse next year. People are starting to slowly wise up about what is going on. Will soon only be the sit down crowd left!

Maybe this will be the final wake up call for the UTAD to get serious about football. Nonrenewals and low ticket sales should do the trick.

Pruitt can probably get us out of this, but his support staff needs to be A+ hires from here on out. That’s where the UTAD needs to support him otherwise this program is dead forever.

Depends on what type of recruits are there, the kind who want to be a part of returning a program to its past glory, or the ones who want to just walk right into a successful program

Reactions: 08Vol
South Carolina’s stadium was half full today and Oklahoma was only about 2/3 full with them being ranked #6. Attendance is declining everywhere especially with road teams traveling so poorly.

UK looked like they had maybe 20,000, and Vandy the same with at least half of that 20K being Ole Miss fans.

This is not a UT problem, it's a nationwide, all sports problem. People are simply not going to live sporting events as much anymore for a variety of reasons (costs too much, HD experience at home, all games on TV, etc.).

And as long as leagues are making money from the TV contracts and advertising, no one will care. That's why we still have so many bowls that are played in front of empty stadiums, because they still make money regardless of who shows up.

Reactions: twoffo
We did’nt even see Smokey @ the game(not saying he wasn’t. And I’m just talking about fake Smokey, no signs of a true 4 legged critter either) which caused us reminisce about the good old days when Smokey would come down the steps @ TBA on a lunch tray. It’s just not fun anymore. My kids eyes use to light up, mine too and now it’s just all corporate. Remember when they use to drop the t-shirts out of the Zeppelin that flew inside TBA? That was cool

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I was there supporting the Vols while wearing a dark north face pullover. Should I return my fan card or just shred it? Also, will I have to vacate my nearly 200 games attended?

Nah, just vacate the games where you didn't have sense enough to where your team's colors vs. the other team's colors.

Nah, just vacate the games where you didn't have sense enough to where your team's colors vs. the other team's colors.

I’m not sure we are at the point where we can implement a dress code. I would have been happy to have more fans in the stands regardless of their outerwear choices.

I doubt the attendance ever recovers, given national trends and the AD’s lack of focus on the general fan experience.

Not showing the replay on the punt return targeting play is simply the latest example of a department that just doesn’t get how much they are seen as ignoring those who show up.

my hat is definitely off to the fans who were there...tough pill to swallow...so thanks to everyone of you!

GO VOLS...BEAT VANDY!

I feel bad for the poor guy sitting in front of me. Tennessee fan, married to a Missouri fan.

I didn't even know they existed outside of the state of Missouri.

What is the under/over for more Vol Fanz than Vandy fanz in Nashvegas next week??

USATSI_11687675-718x490.jpg

Ah yeah... forgot how cold the game was gonna be. Heard there was a freeze warning.

It was nice, little chilly in the shade. Noticeable empty seats, especially in upper visitors section. Crowd was loud and live, for the most part. Felt colder after not having much to get excited about when the sun started going down.

It was a tough loss for this guy and family.

My wife and I took our son and new daughter-in-law to her first UT/Neyland game. It was fun traveling from MO to Rocky Top with power T’s on all sides; watching people point at our MO tag with power T’s. The terrible defeat was disappointing...but Rocky Top never is! I miss East TN. All Vol! Always!

Planning a family reunion trip to RT in three years for all my kids and grandkids (from AZ to MO). Counting on UT football being back in championship form by then. 😉👊🏼 GBO!

Reactions: JacketVol
Not as dumb as idiots wearing the opposing team's colors during our biggest recruiting weekend.

I don't think i have ever seen anyone make such a big deal out of something like this, the stadium has looked like that for as long as i can remember when it gets cold.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I don't think i have ever seen anyone make such a big deal out of something like this, the stadium has looked like that for as long as i can remember when it gets cold.

I made a comment on a message board and you define that as someone making a big deal? Calm your nipples.

Reactions: hmanvolfan

VN Store

Back