Attendance

There were maybe 2000 Missouri fans there. If the students would have showed it would have been close to full... ridiculous turnout for them!

Reactions: feathersax
I think students were home for Thanksgiving. I haven’t been on the strip pregame since 04ish. It was a ghost town today. Since going to games with my dad when I was a kid, I’ve never seen the strip that dead.

The crowd was getting started until the pick/fumble/busted coverage shet show started. We are gonna have to win a few more games and everything will come back.

Lots of Vol fans in black coats. Very small contingent of Mizzu fans.

Reactions: RollerVol
I was shocked and my wife kept talking about it. One corner was empty and all I could see was the lower. It looked very similar to vandys right now. But we were wondering what’s going on and I think it may explain why the hold got put on the stadium renovations.

THE INEPT UT AD program has almost killed the Golden Goose. GG is in critical condition and another lack-luster effort and loss to vandy maybe enough to finish him off. I was offered 2 free tickets to todays game ( the latest in a long line of embarrassments ) and I am so glad I stayed home where I could drink to kill the pain of watching these wretches fall all over the field. Sad, very sad. Based on the thousands of empty seats- people are fed up with this clusterfock that Vol FB has been for 10 years.

is guess 85000

About how I would estimate. UT will say 98,756 or some odd BS.

Absolutely beautiful day/night for a game. No wind and didnt get cold until 3rd or 4thQ. Told my wife before the game that these nice conditions prob played into the favor of there gunslinging QB. Her sure fulfilled that unfortunately.

Not nearly as much as I used to. It's not just the lack of wins but just the overall **** storm that became Tennessee football since 2001. Terrible coaching candidates because of even worse AD hires. Then the ****ing Schiano thing to top off the big middle finger to the fans.

I get what you are saying and can agree with it. I, like a lot of our fanbase get frustrated watching our team take it up the wazzu, we have basically watched every game in 11 years and seen Tennessee Football denigrate from a proud and winning program to be a sideline joke to teams that play us each week, but since I am optimistic person by nature, I, for my part, have loved being a VOL fan, no matter what, even when it saddens me. One season doesn’t fix a decade of poor decisions.

Seriously, all the black & gray outerwear in Neyland Saturday looked like MO fans had taken over the stadium. Sadly reminiscent of Bammers' crimson invasions. Yech.

Reactions: Offset Eye
The attendance was dismal at best, which was a surprise to me. I went to knoxville expecting to see a huge crowd after the way we beat Kentucky. If I had to guess, I would say 70-80,000 in attendance. I saw someone on another thread post a comment saying they expect next weekend to be packed out with Vol fans. If we can't get more fans to show up on Senior day, coming off a HUGE win against a #11 ranked team, I don't see a snowball chance in hell that we pack the Vandy game. For the record, yes, there were some Missouri fans at the game, not that many, most folks had grey and black outer wear on.

Reactions: Doberman
The crowd was so not into the game today.
The team gave the crowd absolutely nothing to cheer about. The physical mismatch on both sides of the line of scrimmage was evident early on. After the first 2 drives, my thoughts centered on, "why did I waste another Saturday on this." Even when the Vols took a 7-6 lead, it was evident how this day would end.......just like so many others in the past 10 years.

Last edited:
The attendance was dismal at best, which was a surprise to me. I went to knoxville expecting to see a huge crowd after the way we beat Kentucky. If I had to guess, I would say 70-80,000 in attendance. I saw someone on another thread post a comment saying they expect next weekend to be packed out with Vol fans. If we can't get more fans to show up on Senior day, coming off a HUGE win against a #11 ranked team, I don't see a snowball chance in hell that we pack the Vandy game. For the record, yes, there were some Missouri fans at the game, not that many, most folks had grey and black outer wear on.

Vandy stadium is small don't take many to take up 25% of the stadium

Reactions: 08Vol
THE INEPT UT AD program has almost killed the Golden Goose. GG is in critical condition and another lack-luster effort and loss to vandy maybe enough to finish him off. I was offered 2 free tickets to todays game ( the latest in a long line of embarrassments ) and I am so glad I stayed home where I could drink to kill the pain of watching these wretches fall all over the field. Sad, very sad. Based on the thousands of empty seats- people are fed up with this clusterfock that Vol FB has been for 10 years.
Will be some great ticket deals in 2019 if you can stomach the play on the field. For the record, the GG is dead; it remains to be seen if it can be resurrected.

VN Store

Back