Attendance

There were maybe 2000 Missouri fans there. If the students would have showed it would have been close to full... ridiculous turnout for them!
Not true. The whole north end zone upper deck was spotted and the south end zone upper deck was about 50 percent full.

I went grocery shopping during the game to avoid watching it. Big mistake, they were playing Kesling over the damn speakers.

Things gotta change for attendance to improve.

I’d expect more spring practice info this spring over last.

Team effort has to change. I can take losing but not these embarrassing efforts vs average teams.

Coaching has to reach out to give people reasons to spend their $ on this. It’s entertainment in the end and the last 10 yrs haven’t been very entertaining except for about 6 or 7 games.

Its like my wife getting upset when a store closes down.....

But she didn't shop there.

Hopefully she has better fashion sense than fans that wear the opponent's colors. Actually, that's just common sense. Appears to be lost on some of you.

Hopefully she has better fashion sense than fans that wear the opponent's colors. Actually, that's just common sense. Appears to be lost on some of you.
Fans can wear what they want. Who really cares? And fans that don't should probably shut their traps.

Fans can wear what they want. Who really cares? And fans that don't should probably shut their traps.

Of course they can. No need to belabor the obvious. That hardly makes it appropriate, though. Why even have team colors at this point?

As someone who used to own a business on the strip over 10 years ago, the city and the merchants association have no desire to see it the way that it "used to be." The strip only has about 3 actual bars left on it, and the rest are restaurants. The building that I occupied (plus the old Chili's/Goal Post Tavern) and many others have been demolished to make room for housing. The strip is dead and developers have made it impossible for it to ever return.

I had no idea. That’s the saddest post I’ve seen all year. If we ever win big again, where will the exuberant fans go to continue the celebration? Tennessee’s decade of pathetic football has killed the strip. I don’t know if I can get over that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I had no idea. That’s the saddest post I’ve seen all year. If we ever win big again, where will the exuberant fans go to continue the celebration? Tennessee’s decade of pathetic football has killed the strip. I don’t know if I can get over that.

Knoxville is built for the big money donors now. The environment on campus and in Neyland is just a shadow of the past. They have moved the Vol Walk and Salute to the Hill so early that people just have to stand around and wait for the game to start. That was because they wanted to accommodate the donors that park close to the stadium. If they would bring the band down about an hour before kickoff you would see a big change in the enthusiasm level at kickoff. Very few people want to stand around for and hour and 45 minutes with not much to do.

Reactions: CampBlount
What about people that want to have a cigarette or vape during 20 2minute commercials? Is either allowed on the entire premises now? We have a dude now in the flag girl team? We have Happy Holidays” spelled by the band not to mention how stale they are, let’s play Star Wars again or da na na na na na da na ah, even the cheerleaders are doing yoga or some crap. If you have no headphones you are completely lost with developments in the game and they show no replays of “bad plays”, just a screwed up mess across the board for me and mine .. oh and got schelacked on the field

1. I'm glad they don't allow smoking anywhere inside the confines of the stadium.
2. If a dude wants to be a flag person, so be it.
3. Nothing wrong with Happy Holidays. After all, it was BEFORE Thanksgiving, so there are multiple holidays coming up.
4. As much as it pains me to say it, the Pride IS stale. I'm very much a traditionalist and nostalgic BUT just about everything they do needs upgrading--from The Salute to the Hill, to the pre-game show, to the halftime show is the same as it was 15 years ago. Sure, they need to play the fight song, the alma mater and Rocky Top (which is not the fight song) but can't we have some new stuff thrown in. Even the Game of Thrones theme (which I like) is now dated. And let's cut them some slack to be innovative by cutting back on the piped-in music. The band's permanent staff seems to be too hidebound and reluctant to change.
5. Do we still have cheerleaders? That's something we could improve on too: various chants that bring in the entire stadium.
6. You're right about never showing replays of "the bad plays."

The "non-football" activities have just gotten stale. The most emotional "non-football" event for me in a long time was the on the field introduction of John Ward at last year's Vanderbilt game. Not ashamed to say that tears were streaming down my face. My daughter asked why. Told her how John Ward dominated my autumn Saturdays as a kid. Had never been to the Hill but felt like I imagined it, even the chill in the air, through John Ward.

VN Store

Back