Art Briles Is There For The Taking

I can’t stand naysayers like you. So who do you want to hire? Straight up—who do we hire if it’s your choice?

Hugh Freeze without a doubt, if he says no then I hold onto Pruitt until Rhule gets fired from Carolina. If I strike out on those plans, then I go comb through the lower divisions for a coach who has a proven track record of success and has consistently developed players of all talents. Jeremy Pruitt was/is ill prepared to be a head coach at this level. He spent years at the high school level and was never a head coach. The vast majority of his coordinator experience at the college level was under Smart and Saban; both coaches have a major say in how the defense is schemed. I don't blame Pruitt for taking the job and not being prepared for it. I blame the UT administration for letting the program get to the point where an inexperienced coordinator was our best option.

If I'm Tennessee I go hard after Luke Fickell.

I would want someone who has been a HC for a significant amount of time and who has performed well during that time. Freeze is probably the best candidate out there that fits that mold.

Tom Allen is closer and has been HC at a power 5 school for 4-5 years now. He also has experience taking a program that is insignificant and building it into something respectable.

They should have won the bowl game against us. That would have given them a 9-4 season last year. They look much better this year. I just don’t know that we could get him.

Reactions: vettefool
Tom Allen is closer and has been HC at a power 5 school for 4-5 years now. He also has experience taking a program that is insignificant and building it into something respectable.

I think Allen is a great coach. The only thing that would give me pause is that I don't know how he is as a recruiter. That's not to say that I don't believe he can recruit. I just haven't seen him do it yet.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
I think Allen is a great coach. The only thing that would give me pause is that I don't know how he is as a recruiter. That's not to say that I don't believe he can recruit. I just haven't seen him do it yet.
touche... I have no idea either. I would imagine he could at Tennessee!

Since taking the job and recruiting the 65th ranked class he has since gone 45, 38 and 48.

Night & day. A witness testified in court that staff at PS knew of the abuse by Sandusky. Baylor admitted in writing Briles did not violate their policies and paid him his full buyout. Briles was far less guilty of anything than Urban Meyer.

Also, Art Briles is a winner. Schiano is not. Just win baby win. That’s all that matters. We’re desperate. 😂

Reactions: wmcovol
The man has built winners, is a genius on offense, would crawl here on broken glass for the job, and we could get him for a good price. Baylor had to admit that Briles did not violate their policies and they paid him his buyout. His name is tied to a bad situation but nobody has proved he violated any rules or laws. If we want to win, and don’t want to spend a shizload of cash, he’s our guy.
Name checks out...

He won’t happen. I bet eventually some other team will give him a chance and he will absolutely tear it up though

As long as there's no rioting and destroying innocence people's stuff (or burning down buildings and attacking people) when none of this happens then we should be ok to continue this discussion. And remember...All this is for entertainment purposes only! R-I-G-H-T!!! :):)

VN Store

Back