Arnett to transfer?

Yes, coaches always quit recruiting a guy they want if said player opens his commitment back up. Coaches are well known for this. But you"re right, once again Dooley is Mr. Clean. All on the player as always.
This is neither on Dooley or the player. There is a middle ground. It's called mutual. That's what happened. Do my points saying that Cross doesn't keep his word sound outrageous? That's because it is, and you sound just as outrageous. But maybe I'm going about it too subtly for you instead of saying it bluntly.

Why offer and accept his commitment if you did not want him?
Because you make room for a better recruit to take his place. Just because we told him to look around doesn't mean we do not want him. It means we feel we can do better. Two recruits, you want both of them, only have room for one. The recruit with less talent commits (LESS, meaning he has talent, but not as much as the other guy) then the other guy shows interest and we are a leader. We tell the lower rated recruit to explore your options because it's not fair for the lower rated recruit if the higher rated one commits, since the lower rated one is out of a scholarship at that point. If we tell him to explore his options, then he can open back up his recruitment and find a school with more certainty for him instead of finding out on National Signing Day that we all of a sudden don't have room, and he has no idea what school to choose. He could've used that time to look at other schools, but was blissfully unaware of what we were doing.

It's actually Dooley being a NICE guy instead of him being a dick.

EDIT: Oh yeah, which bring up my original point: The two situations aren't comparable. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Im just going to paste this here, since I already posted it in another thread, and Im headed home for the day.

Yall have a great new years, and be safe. please.

SO, I have a kid that is an athlete at UT. If my health went to crap and I still lived in Michigan, I would be pretty damn pizzled off if the coach would not let my kid transfer to whatever damn school my kid wanted to transfer to, to be closer to me.

Just sayin',. I think some of you are feeling hurt that he is leaving, and are not looking at the real issues.

Yall have to understand that this is just football. Your university is much bigger than the game of football. You do much more good for the community and the world than just putting on a little game every saturday during the fall.

When people see Vols football they do not see dArnett. They do not see dDooley. They might have his dadgum orange pants seered into their brains, but he is not the face of Vols Football.

What people see when they think Vols Football is: Neyland Stadium, Sherbert and Cream, that freaking RockyTop blasted at them for every positive offensive play, a bunch of drunks on their boats, and Peyton Manning.

And there is not ONE single negative thing in that last statement. This will not affect what people think about UT football in the long run. There will be an occasional message board hack that has to mention it. There will be something said on ESPN or CBS in the fall, but no one will notice it. No one that counts.

It has been fun reading through this today, and I really do care about this Arnett kid as a person, and dont give a rip about him as a football player. I would take him at MSU if he is available, because he is a fine football player, and a pretty good kid. But if he goes to CMU, and I think he should, I will wish the kid well, and best of health to him and his family.

I hope I have not ticked off too many of you, as I am not going away. I live in TN, my kid is at UT, and I kinda like you freaks.

:good!::good!:

:hi:

Becau. commit it's not fair for the lower rated recruit if the higher rat at that point. If we tell him to explore his options, then he can open back up his recruitment and find a school with more certainty for him instead of finding out on National Signing Day that we all of a sudden don't have room, and he has no idea what school to choose. He could've used that time to look at other schools, but was blissfully unaware of what we were doing.

It's actually Dooley being a NICE guy instead of him being a dick.

EDIT: Oh yeah, which bring up my original point: The two situations aren't comparable. Thanks.

Lol. Nice guy. What a spin. Hey kid, you were our first commit, I know you really want to come here but going to be nice and pull the offer now. Love the spin.

Your original post is nonsensical. In your world 2 things have to be exactly alike in order to compare. Thus, there is never a reason to compare anything since they have to be exactly alike.

I know we had no clue it would come down to this with Arnett, but this is a player I wish we would have avoided all together. I wish his father well and hope he recovers quickly from his illness, but Arnett is using his father's sickness as a cover up imo. We're giving him the option to go to several D1 schools close to home for him, but he wants to go to a major D1 school such as Michigan, MSU, and Notre Dame. If his father being sick is the reason why he wants to transfer than it should not matter where he plays as long as its somewhere close to home so his dad can watch him play which is what Arnett wants. He made a commitment to the University of Tennessee when he signed that letter of intent last year. I wish him luck wherever he goes, but there is certainly more to this story than just his dad being sick imo.

VN Store

Back