Arnett to transfer?

He is doing just that, by showing him how life does not always goes the way we want it to go.

I guess he already knows that considering his dad and his background. Sometimes "teaching a lesson" is just being sadistic, particularly when the lesson is unnecessary.

How can a coach expect a kid to come out and play when he don't even want to be there? Or keep him from his father.

He's Willing to release him to the College closest to his father, not the College of his choice. Which is fair IMO. It seems Arnett is trying to pull one over on UT... Why should Dooley release him to MSU or Michigan?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
I guess he already knows that considering his dad and his background. Sometimes "teaching a lesson" is just being sadistic, particularly when the lesson is unnecessary.

the school or hard knocks is the hardest one, but the most effective one.

He can still go to any school in Michigan without being on an athletic scholarship, correct? In-state tuition can't be that bad.

He's Willing to release him to the College closest to his father, not the College of his choice. Which is fair IMO. It seems Arnett is trying to pull one over on UT... Why should Dooley release him to MSU or Michigan?

Why is this so hard to understand?

He has been released to go to the closest D1 school in Michigan to his dad (central michigan) but that is not good enoug for him.

not taking sides but lets look at it from arnetts side. he was an espn top 150 player, he got some serious offers coming out of high school. he comes to ut and gets some touches as a freshman. now you want to transfer home to be close to your ill father (?) and you are told that you have to take a hit on your academic and football career by going to a lower tier football/ academic school how would you feel

He is being let go, just not to the powerhouses of michigan.

Facts do nothing to convince closed minded idiots.

DD gave him permission to leave and go to his sick father. Should he line his pockets with $100 bills because he wants money? Should he let him go to MSU who reportedly called him after Baggett leaving? Should DD leave the door open for kids to use any excuse and other teams to tamper with our players?

These people who think we should just roll over will be the first to scream when attrition suddenly increases. You just answered one of them, but they won't listen.

Why shouldn't he is my question.

not taking sides but lets look at it from arnetts side. he was an espn top 150 player, he got some serious offers coming out of high school. he comes to ut and gets some touches as a freshman. now you want to transfer home to be close to your ill father (?) and you are told that you have to take a hit on your academic and football career by going to a lower tier football/ academic school how would you feel

It is not a real hit, how many players get drafted out of small schools to the NFL?, A lot.
If he wants a real education instead? he can go to a lot of higly rated academic schools everywhere else. He is just using his father illness to get what he wants. I am sorry but Tennessee has to hold its ground.

It is not a real hit, how many players get drafted out of small schools to the NFL?, A lot.
If he wants a real education instead? he can go to a lot of higly rated academic schools everywhere else. He is just using his father illness to get what he wants. I am sorry but Tennessee has to hold its ground.

Its pitiful that some of you are set on making a kid unhappy who has an ill father and is 10 hours away from home. Just let the kid go. I don't even see the reasoning behind not allowing him to MSU or UM and letting him go to the smaller schools. Recruiting? BS. Dooley is just pretending to have a backbone.

Facts do nothing to convince closed minded idiots.

DD gave him permission to leave and go to his sick father. Should he line his pockets with $100 bills because he wants money? Should he let him go to MSU who reportedly called him after Baggett leaving? Should DD leave the door open for kids to use any excuse and other teams to tamper with our players?

These people who think we should just roll over will be the first to scream when attrition suddenly increases. You just answered one of them, but they won't listen.

link please.

I dont think every MSU fan is claiming that. We had a thread on that at Spartantailgate back when cBaggett left, and he clearly retired. Dont put us all in one basket.

Thanks for speaking up on that gatorbill. Do you have any idea why so many are suddenly saying this?

so every kid we offer a scholership to we should have to take? Do you have any idea how many we offer. Cross was looking around and dooley told him we were too.

No, just the ones that accept the offers. You know, since Dooley is a man of his word.

Just pointing out he is no better than Arnett at keeping his word.
Huh? He told Cross to look around, and the feeling was mutual since Cross was already starting to look around anyway. He didn't pull the offer. I would be willing to bet if Cross stuck with UT after that Dooley would've honored it.

But now we're into hypotheticals instead of facts, which is there was nothing to honor once Cross decommitted.

Huh? He told Cross to look around, and the feeling was mutual since Cross was already starting to look around anyway. He didn't pull the offer. I would be willing to bet if Cross stuck with UT after that Dooley would've honored it.

But now we're into hypotheticals instead of facts, which is there was nothing to honor once Cross decommitted.

He decommitted because Dooley politely told him he no longer wanted him. So Dooley did what was best for himself. Something Arnett is trying to do for himself as well. Yet Dooley has a problem with it.

My opinion is he decommitted because Dooley politely told him he no longer wanted him. So Dooley did what was best for himself. Something Arnett is trying to do for himself as well. Yet Dooley has a problem with it.
So there's no difference between signing an LOI and a public verbal?

Thanks for speaking up on that gatorbill. Do you have any idea why so many are suddenly saying this?

I think they are just assuming it. Just like any other message board there are a lot of people who dont have time for the facts.

Most MSU fans dont have any ties or concerns with UT unless it concerns a recruit, and then it is very seldom. Im here because I have ties to the University, that being my kid.

I dont think anyone on the MSU boards has talked to Baggett personally and got that info. I know someone who knows Charlie very well, I will try to get an opinion from him this weekend.

Thanks for proving my point that the two situations aren't comparable.

They are certainly comparable in regards to seeing if a person keeps their word. The situations aren't required to be exactly the same to prove that point. Dooley is no better than Arnett here.

They are certainly comparable in regards to seeing if a person keeps their word. The situations aren't required to be exactly the same to prove that point. Dooley is no better than Arnett here.

does your internet action benefits our program?
NO..... then why are you doing it ?
are you a rival fan? hummmmmmmmm??????????

There is no word to keep with Cross. The two situations aren't comparable.

As a Michigan State Spartan, and a Florida Gator, I have always felt that if a kid wanted out of the program, let him go. Don't limit where he can go, just cut him loose. The negative pub from transfers is bad enough. Why make it worse.

You dont like the program? Cool.
Your fav coach left? Cool.
Your father is sick? You want to go closer to home? Cool.

Nothing is ever gained from fighting this stuff. Nothing positive anyways.

VN Store

Back