Arian Foster just retired

Every player is in it for himself. Who has AF "hurt" with his actions?

That's fine but you can also be respectful of the program that gave you that opportunity. Not like he was a five star recruit that everyone wanted but UT found as a diamond in the rough. Trying to get UT in trouble by talking about NCAA violations is flat out disrespectful especially when not prompted.

Reactions: 4 people
Foster has a very cool backstory.

Was born.

Played football in high school.

Never played in college anywhere ever.

Played in the NFL.

Reactions: 3 people
That's fine but you can also be respectful of the program that gave you that opportunity. Not like he was a five star recruit that everyone wanted but UT found as a diamond in the rough. Trying to get UT in trouble by talking about NCAA violations is flat out disrespectful especially when not prompted.

Again, who did he hurt? That program was a dumpster fire his final year

He actually did the time and put in the work at UT. Seems he can treat that time any way he wants since it's his

Reactions: 1 person
He gave more to Tennessee than I have. I see posters on here everyday that have less class than him, so please show a little more class than he has.

The only thing that bothered me, is how easy it was for him to throw UT under the bus. He may be a VFL but he should have respected his alma mater a little more than he did.

I loved watching him play. Some fans don't understand some of the things that happened when he played at UT. Stats show that he had 5 fumbles in his career and one of them was attributed to a quarterback.

My problem with him (for the most part anyways) has nothing to do with his performance on the field.

I do not respect a guy that decides to bad mouth/accuse UT of paying him years later, act like a child by doing his dinosaur noise, etc.

Again, who did he hurt?

He actually did the time and put in the work at UT. Seems he can treat that time any way he wants since it's his

Maybe he should come out and tell the media everything that ever went on while he was at UT? It was his time right? No one will think he's an a-hole if he does.....will they?

No one is claiming anything of the sort..... I've seen no one say anything that isn't true..... other than giving the impression that he was a fumble machine. He has been unfairly giving that moniker..... his fumbles, while few.... were catastrophic which made them memorable.

I agree with everything you and Z have said in this thread. It's the 2 or 3 posters who think foster is above criticism because he played for UT

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not sure why you feel the need to throw personal insults at a guy you've never met. He actually gave something of his life to UT

Bash him all you need to but I do remember watching a few UT games where he looked like the only player who wanted to be in the field. Of course it's just easier to nickname the guy fumbling foster when he lost it 4 times in a long career. Probably a better percentage than most UT backs

I couldn't care less that he fumbled. What I don't appreciate is him taking every opportunity possible to throw UT and it's fans under the bus.

I couldn't care less that he fumbled. What I don't appreciate is him taking every opportunity possible to throw UT and it's fans under the bus.

Because UT fans always showed him so much love right? He had taken abuse from UT fans for years

Were they false?

From most accounts I've heard, yes. Former players have ripped him for his comments. For example, I've heard Ainge discuss Foster. Said Arian was one of his best friends on the team and hung out with him a lot. Said his apartment was a dump and his car was a piece of crap.....said he never saw a single sign that made him think Arian had gotten the $50 or $60k that he claimed he got from UT boosters.

And honestly, if he did get some extra benefits, why in the world would you make it public and bite the hand that fed you? I have no respect for the guy. Glad he's retired, hope I literally never hear or see his name in print again. Good riddance IMO.

Because UT fans always showed him so much love right? He had taken abuse from UT fans for years

He's earned every bit of it and then some IMO.

If you'll recall, it was a big deal a few springs ago when Butch and "the program" reached out to Arian and invited him to spring practice. He showed up, even did some DJ-ing and was welcomed back pretty warmly by the fans. And then soon after the jackass gives the interview saying Tennessee paid him. Real class act that guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
And that makes it right?

I've never said he was right but I don't believe he's made anything as personal as some of the things I've seen posted about him. If you believe he lacks class don't go and do/say something even worse just to point it out

I've never said he was right but I don't believe he's made anything as personal as some of the things I've seen posted about him. If you believe he lacks class don't go and do/say something even worse just to point it out

He has brought it on himself. If he had an ounce of class there wouldn't be nearly the same level of resentment.

From most accounts I've heard, yes. Former players have ripped him for his comments. For example, I've heard Ainge discuss Foster. Said Arian was one of his best friends on the team and hung out with him a lot. Said his apartment was a dump and his car was a piece of crap.....said he never saw a single sign that made him think Arian had gotten the $50 or $60k that he claimed he got from UT boosters.

And honestly, if he did get some extra benefits, why in the world would you make it public and bite the hand that fed you? I have no respect for the guy. Glad he's retired, hope I literally never hear or see his name in print again. Good riddance IMO.
This is the same Ainge who said UT kept him supplied with a constant stream of drugs right? And when UT stopped supplying he got them for free off the street because he was a player?

VN Store

Back