Are we a tourney team?

Possible? Yes Probable? No

I do like the fight in this team, and I really like the young core of Mostella, Jabari and Dom in the coming years. Mostella is going to be so much fun to watch, and could possibly go down as one of out greatest scorers ever. Dom could be a legit force down low once he is in shape. Jabari is just a junkyard dog, if he can develop his skills he could be really good. If we can somehow catch the elusive unicorn that is a PG, we have a solid base to build from. Willie will be a really good player as well, we need to force feed Owens cheeseburgers for the next year. Baulkman still intrigues me too.

Possible? Yes Probable? No

I do like the fight in this team, and I really like the young core of Mostella, Jabari and Dom in the coming years. Mostella is going to be so much fun to watch, and could possibly go down as one of out greatest scorers ever. Dom could be a legit force down low once he is in shape. Jabari is just a junkyard dog, if he can develop his skills he could be really good. If we can somehow catch the elusive unicorn that is a PG, we have a solid base to build from. Willie will be a really good player as well, we need to force feed Owens cheeseburgers for the next year. Baulkman still intrigues me too.

How old is Dom?

Sorry, I don't follow basketball like I do football and trying to play catch up.

Without a true point gaurd and a consistent scoring threat inside I don't think this team is a NCAA tourney team but I do think they have a few nice pieces to build upon for the next few years. I like the potential of all the freshmen esp Mostella and McGhee. Mostella a future star IMO.

This team plays hard and has scrappy veterans in Richardson and Moore. Punter is a decent addition as well. Hubbs has been a huge disappointment. I like how hard we play but defending and scoring in the post will be a problem I believe.

The tournament probably no. But second to last in the SEC definitely no. And if they keep improving and the SEC keeps sucking the chance isn't as unlikely as(so far) many are making it sound.

I know it's still early, but I was personally impressed how we were able to hang around against Kansas.

Plus, our team seems like a "team". There isn't really a "go to guy" and I think that's working for a favor with team chemistry.

I only see our team progressing and getting better with our defense. Our offense needs some "luckier bounces" but I feel like we could crack top 25 by mid-January.

Thoughts? Or am I just feeling good that I have today off with pay?

We 'hung around' against Duke back in 11'-12'. I'll say this, we dont finish with 19 wins like we did with Zo his first year.

Whether Martin was here or not , result would still be the same. Nobody cares. I prefer to watch a team with an aggressive system and energetic, passionate coaching, but to each his own.

So, are we already conceding to about 10 wins? LOL! I hope you realize coach Tyndall created his own team. He was at least smart enough to keep Josh.

We'd be MUCH better off with Martin now.

Reactions: 1 person
So, are we already conceding to about 10 wins? LOL! I hope you realize coach Tyndall created his own team. He was at least smart enough to keep Josh.

We'd be MUCH better off with Martin now.

Well sir I believe Tyndall's style of attacking defense can help offset talent disparity that Martin's system most certainly would not have. Sorry agree to disagree. I like Tyndall better and I won't try and pretend anything else. And you can't judge Tyndall's recruiting coming in late with his hands tied behind his back. We need more of a sample size before we can judge that. I will however admit Cuonzo got some good players, as well.

Reactions: 2 people
Not out of the question. Our athleticism is what i hoped it would be and our offense is actually better. By the end of the year, I see a much better team. We WILL learn to win.

Not out of the question. Our athleticism is what i hoped it would be and our offense is actually better. By the end of the year, I see a much better team. We WILL learn to win.

I agree with this. If the "team" progresses as the players / coaches are working towards, then this could be a much better team by the SECT. Plenty of athleticism exists, so it's a matter of putting players / rotations in at the best places and getting comfortable with roles IMO.

By then I expect that we'll have to many early losses to make the dance, but the SECT, who knows. Not expecting us to make it, but am cautiously optimistic that the energy and athleticism that this group has gels into a top notch SEC team for the NIT and into 2015-16.

I think it's pretty widely accepted that this team is a work in progress. Unfortunately it's going to take time to get better, and the SEC doesn't give us many opportunities to make up lost ground if we drop a lot of OOC matchups. We finished 4th in the SEC last year and our win over Virginia barely pulled us in.

I'm going to hope for the best but I think the odds are against us.

VN Store

Back