Are we a tourney team?

Dougie_D

I know it's still early, but I was personally impressed how we were able to hang around against Kansas.

Plus, our team seems like a "team". There isn't really a "go to guy" and I think that's working for a favor with team chemistry.

I only see our team progressing and getting better with our defense. Our offense needs some "luckier bounces" but I feel like we could crack top 25 by mid-January.

Thoughts? Or am I just feeling good that I have today off with pay?

Reactions: 1 person
Doubtful. Just don't have the size and experience to make it (unless we just really start clicking as the season progresses).

NIT more than likely think we'll go about 17 and 13. If Tyndall is still around the improvement in year two could be dramatic.

Reactions: 3 people
I think we will have a good season in the SEC and might even have a chance late to make the NCAAT. I can't believe how great this team is playing so early.

It will be tough to make the NCAAT. Just too much inexperience, and we will lose some games to average teams. The key thing is to win tomorrow and beat some of the better teams we play at home- Butler and Kansas State.

Played like it today, but not yet. They will need more rebounding because those shots from outside make us a very inconsistent team when shots go cold. They are WAY more fun to watch than last year's team. That was worse than watching paint dry. Glad the fast-paced offense is back.

Reactions: 1 person
I was impressed how they are playing. If they can find some scoring they could be a tuff out. They pay hard that's for sure. Really wish the other stuff would go away and let's see what they can do!! I still feel this is better team than what we were going to have if CCM had stayed, but guess that's not totally fair either!!! Anyway good game and a lot to build on. Hope CDT can teach a little D to Reese!!!! LOL

Goal #1- free throw shooting must improve immediately. Have to shoot over 70% from the line. Josh and Armani can't miss like they did today from the FT line and some of the big men's forms are atrocious.

I was impressed with the guys today. They played tough, battled back from down 13, and hustled throughout the game. As they mature as a team, I think they have a chance at the NCAA tourney.

One of the good things I saw today was the team's response after Alexander's second alley-oop. CDT got them refocused and they went on a great run.

Maybe the media would like a do-over wrt UT picked 13th in the SEC

We'll finish closer to the top than the bottom. And I doubt seriously we'll tank in the NIT, too.

2-2 at the moment with 8 out OC games, 18 SEC games then the SEC tourney to go.

If they can go 2-2 in the next 4 there's a good chance to win the last 4 out OC games to be 8-4 heading into the SEC. Would probably need to go 12-6 with a win or 2 in the SEC tourney to make the NCAA field.

This group is so inexperienced playing together and playing with the new coach/system that its easy to envision significant improvement over the course of the season. If they can get Hubbs and Woodson playing up toward their recruiting rankings then I could see it happening although it would rank up there with Pearl's first season as far as being unexpected.

Tennessee has, at least for the past several years, played to the level of their competition. The start to this season is a great example. They fight and claw against VCU and KU to make those closely contested until the end when it is apparent that missed free throws and lackluster rebounding were the reason they lose.

On the other hand they struggled mightily against both Texas Southern and Santa Clara and in no disrespect to those teams, they eked out two very close wins that should have been blowouts.

This is the way it has been and until they play at a high level every game I see a few upsets but I also see some head-scratching, fire-the-coaches type of losses. With the up and downs I say NIT is where this team ends up. I hope I'm wrong because recently UT plays better in the NCAAT than the NIT. Hey another example right there!

I think they can be. Lot of talent, still learning the system which I think is very good. We know Josh is gonna be very good, and both Mostella and Jumper have flashed very good things so far. Can Moore be more productive and consistent? Will Hubbs live up to the hype? Do our young inside guys develop what I think are good skills sets/athleticism? I liked what I saw today. I for one and hopeful and bullish on this team.

With the roster turnover and the quick patch work CDT had to do after taking over this fanbase should be thrilled with a NIT birth.

With the roster turnover and the quick patch work CDT had to do after taking over this fanbase should be thrilled with a NIT birth.

SHOULD be thrilled, but we have a widely diverse fan base. heh

This team looks as though they'll bring max effort every game. I don't see them falling to an Austin Peay-type team.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back