Are we a tourney team?

Yeah he is the one recruit I wish we had kept. Cofer is not there yet but shows a ton of potential. Still, if the plan is to rely on a top 100-150 freshman then it's not a good plan.
Rely? Dude every team goes through a rebuiliding year.. This would have been Cuonzos.

Rely? Dude every team goes through a rebuiliding year.. This would have been Cuonzos.

My goal is to have a coach that consistently makes the tourney.....that would have been three rebuilding years of the past four.....I feel Zo is a Devoe type coach and that was not fun.

Yeah he is the one recruit I wish we had kept. Cofer is not there yet but shows a ton of potential. Still, if the plan is to rely on a top 100-150 freshman then it's not a good plan.

Cofer's playing 25mpg for FSU, no reason he couldn't play 28-30mpg here and be averaging close to a double-double.

What would Martins first year been if Bruce was here? About the same. Bruce had great talent his last year with Harris and Hopson and had a pretty bad year. The next would have been just like Martin's was.

They still made the tournament his last year. It did end bad with the blowout loss, but a tournament appearance is still a successful year.

They still made the tournament his last year. It did end bad with the blowout loss, but a tournament appearance is still a successful year.

Yea we also lost to some bad teams, performed way below preseason expectations and won only 18 games. That was a bad year with who we had , where we were ranked and how many we won.

My goal is to have a coach that consistently makes the tourney.....that would have been three rebuilding years of the past four.....I feel Zo is a Devoe type coach and that was not fun.
Sweet 16 is what you rebuild for.

Sweet sixteen is not my goal......I want to consistently make the tourney every year with a chance for much more.
Year one he shouldn't have gone

Year 2 he should have gone

Year 3 he underachieved during the season but somehow made a Sweet 16 run.

So he really had a legitimate chance for 2 years, and the year he did make it, he made it to the sweet 16. I don't even know why I'm writing this for you, you're really stubborn and you've proven you can't see two sides to a situation. Cuonzo had his positives and negatives just like any other human being.

Reactions: 2 people

So he really had a legitimate chance for 2 years, and the year he did make it, he made it to the sweet 16. I don't even know why I'm writing this for you, you're really stubborn and you've proven you can't see two sides to a situation. Cuonzo had his positives and negatives just like any other human being.

Everything you said was correct, but what about his recruiting ? To me, that was a big negative. To be fair , Donnie's recruiting is a negative too(2015)

Reactions: 1 person

Obviously, u confuse me with others that were not thrilled with Zo. I had no problems with his coaching although I'm not a big fan of the Purdue coaching tree. I feel like he was an average coach with a chance to get much better. I didn't have a problem with his style although it was maddening watching guys just stand around on offense. I didn't care that he didn't like zone bc I have always been a fan of a tight man to man defense.

My issue had to solely do with recruiting and his scouting of prospects. He was not getting highly rated classes and he missed on the overwhelming majority of players he brought in. His recruiting was not going to lead Tennessee where I feel this program can be. I felt with the sweet sixteen run that Zo earned another yr to prove everyone wrong but instead he ran away to Cal. I don't understand why so many defend him and seem to care about him so much. He wasn't here long enough to earn that kind of admiration.

Everything you said was correct, but what about his recruiting ? To me, that was a big negative. To be fair , Donnie's recruiting is a negative too(2015)

Yeah, I feel better about Donnie's coaching but his recruiting remains a concern

Not fair to compare the style of last years team to this years team without factoring in the roster differences.

Last year's starting 5 was 3 seniors and 2 juniors 2 of which were drafted into the NBA. This year 1 senior, 1 junior, and 3 new guys along with the senior having to play out of position.

I am aware of the roster, thank you. I was merely pointing out my frustration with the segment of the fan base that cares more about being entertained than actually having results. Of course, I think Tyndall can and will thrive here, I would just like people to judge the team on how they play and not how entertained they are by the play.

I believe some of the VOL fans have a MAN CRUSH ON ZO! GEESH....HE IS GONE AND PROBABLY DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT TENN.! 😘😜💪👍😇😴

Most realistic Vol fans knew this was not a tournament team before the 1st game was played.

VN Store

Back