'20 AR ATH Blayne Toll (Arkansas commit)

I know UT will take a swing here, but unlike some Tennessee kids, the Arkansas kids seem to be fairly loyal to stay in state and play for their state school.
Agree but he was very high on the Vols before picking Arkansas and they're going to be coach shopping soon so I could see him flipping.

Y’all do know if we sign him he’s probably an OLB? Right? Hardy’s decision would have no effect here. Always check the height and weight on any DE recruit.. anything under 265 is an OLB in our scheme.

Y’all do know if we sign him he’s probably an OLB? Right? Hardy’s decision would have no effect here. Always check the height and weight on any DE recruit.. anything under 265 is an OLB in our scheme.
So a guy can’t gain 20-25 pounds in 2 years? Which is when we would need him. Next year we have plenty of DEs and DTs, but after 2020 we lose so many guys. 6’5 275 sounds good to me. If he’s been playing DE he may not have the speed to set the edge like Darrell Taylor does

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
So a guy can’t gain 20-25 pounds in 2 years? Which is when we would need him. Next year we have plenty of DEs and DTs, but after 2020 we lose so many guys. 6’5 275 sounds good to me. If he’s been playing DE he may not have the speed to set the edge like Darrell Taylor does

We also have ZERO edge guys in this class, and that’s where a guy with his frame fits the bill. He could put that weight on but the faster path to the field for him is to drop weight and play outside.

He’s 244. Bryson Eason is gonna play inside linebacker for us and he’s pushing 260.

We also have ZERO edge guys in this class, and that’s where a guy with his frame fits the bill. He could put that weight on but the faster path to the field for him is to drop weight and play outside.

He’s 244. Bryson Eason is gonna play inside linebacker for us and he’s pushing 260.
you may be right. I’m just worried about only having John Mincey and Savion Williams as our only DEs after 2020. Scary thought

Perhaps.
But you can't always go by height and weight.
Ex: Kurot Garland was 6'4 245 when he signed with us...
Redshirted and has now had a decent year as a redshirt freshman...at 6'4 303

Toll is a good athlete so OLB might be his spot as you said.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

Eason and French are both probably going to be edge guys. They're both wide shouldered athletic big men but you probably don't want them trying to cover TEs and RBs or spy QBs

McDonald is the ILB

We have a position of need where someone could come in and start early with elite recruiters on our staff and there is plenty of time to recruit. I’m not that worried about our DL yet.

VN Store

Back