'20 AR ATH Blayne Toll (Arkansas commit)

As bad as we were, Arkansas truly was the worst team in the SEC last year. What a dumpster fire. North Texas destroyed them. And I don’t see it changing in the near future. 5-7 for them this year. We will destroy them in 2020.

Reactions: feathersax
As bad as we were, Arkansas truly was the worst team in the SEC last year. What a dumpster fire. North Texas destroyed them. And I don’t see it changing in the near future. 5-7 for them this year. We will destroy them in 2020.

Morris took SMU from 2 to 5 to 7 wins. Probably will follow a similar pattern at Arkansas. Better QB play will help a lot, 6 interceptions against North Texas will get anyone beat.

6 wins this year is doable but wouldn’t be surprised if we only win 4 as well either.

Arkansas is actually recruiting very well, top 25 last year. Morris can recruit, he is the one who landed Deshaun Watson for Clemson.

He recruited some kids from TN that Pruitt passed on. But, yes, there seems to be a buzz about them.

I thought Morris was a decent pick for us, but I wanted Marion Hobby with him.

Reactions: JacketVol
In all seriousness, Ark is the poorest state, just drive thru for a bit and it’s easy to see. We partnered up with a little church in Montrose, AR, helped restore it, built a fellowship hall for them to serve meals. That said, those folks can COOK, man can they make BBQ...
Penguin Ed’s in Fayetteville, AK is on point for bbq.

Reactions: secking
In all seriousness, Ark is the poorest state, just drive thru for a bit and it’s easy to see. We partnered up with a little church in Montrose, AR, helped restore it, built a fellowship hall for them to serve meals. That said, those folks can COOK, man can they make BBQ...
Northern AR is a lot nicer than the southern part.

Morris took SMU from 2 to 5 to 7 wins. Probably will follow a similar pattern at Arkansas. Better QB play will help a lot, 6 interceptions against North Texas will get anyone beat.

6 wins this year is doable but wouldn’t be surprised if we only win 4 as well either.

I personally think Morris is a good coach that will have arky competitive again

Reactions: VolSummitt44
Fulmer did quite well recruiting Arkansas. Reggie Coleman, Greg Jones, Cedric Houston and Bret Smith are a few high ranked players he got from Arkansas. Only misses I recall were Cedric Cobbs, Jeb Huckeba and Fred Bledsoe. I'm sure I missed some. If you're in the middle of several years of winning makes it easier.

Well, um, I had ran into some guy at a gas station in Wynne that um, had a UT sticker in his back window. He told me that he knows Blayne on his mommas side. Um, their grandmothers went um, to the same church back in the early 80s I think. Seemed like a solid guy. But, hey don't shoot the messenger, just relaying what I heard.
I didnt know that was you, nice to meet you. Sorry about the bad info but that is what she told me.

Reactions: SLICKYINC

giphy.gif

I just hate it honestly, he’s an elite talent. I don’t hate Arkansas. In fact if I had to cheer for anyone other than Tennessee it would probably be them. I also like Morris as well but I never expect them to do anything in this conference much less anytime soon.

Reactions: JacketVol
I just hate it honestly, he’s an elite talent. I don’t hate Arkansas. In fact if I had to cheer for anyone other than Tennessee it would probably be them. I also like Morris as well but I never expect them to do anything in this conference much less anytime soon.

We passed on Morris because he will stress and do well with offense. Phil knows defense is what it takes to have success in this league.

VN Store

Back