Any word from practice on QB reps

Agree. But Pruitt has already said he is. And apparently from what Hubbs and AP said, the majority of the staff agree JG gives them the best chance to win. So regardless of what we dumb fans think, JG is starting.
There is no way Pruitt or any other coach is going announce that he is starting a freshman in this situation. The depth chart is meaningless and so is what the coach says in the pressers (see last year). My gut tells me HB starts on Saturday.

Tahj Boyd stung but with Doolittle as HC I dont think Boyd becomes the QB that he did at Clemson. Or he would have decommitted when Kiff split.
He would have already been here. He redshirted the 2009 season.

There is no way Pruitt or any other coach is going announce that he is starting a freshman in this situation. The depth chart is meaningless and so is what the coach says in the pressers (see last year). My gut tells me HB starts on Saturday.
Maybe not start but will come in when JG screws up. Which means HB comes in early.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Good Lord people. JG will start but other QBs will play. And it really doesnt matter who is under center this week.
You know if I players have the same attitude that it doesn't matter then they are beat before they even walk on the field. I've always told kids if you tell yourself you can;t win then you never will. They need to go into every game with winning the game on their mind.

Reactions: cgrish
You know if I players have the same attitude that it doesn't matter then they are beat before they even walk on the field. I've always told kids if you tell yourself you can;t win then you never will. They need to go into every game with winning the game on their mind.

Easy to say that. But ignoring reality is really hard to do and the reality is UT doesnt have the OL or the QB to compete with Bama and EVERYONE on the team knows its true. Awfully hard to coach around something that is painfully obvious.

I'm all for getting HB valuable game experience, but if it comes down to our OL failing and the QB getting a serious injury, I'd protect HB for the future. Let someone else take the injury.

Reactions: Sara Clark
JG is a great human being & a vol for life. He will succeed in life & someone my kids can emulate. He's just not getting it done as the starter. Simple. End of story. What did Einstein say about doing the same thing over & over and hoping for different results?
First I’ve heard of this quote on here. 😒

It matters every week. Get that loser mentality out of here. I don’t care how bad pruitt mismanaged this qb situation, if he is leading a team into this game with that mentality fire him today.

Its not a loser mentality. I highly doubt Pruitt is doing what I said. Its just the way it is. We could have 1997 Peyton Manning back there this Saturday and still lose by 3 TDs.

Who were they?
Seriously?
Tajh Boyd who ended up throwing for 12k yards in his career and is the all-time leading passer for Clemson. He was the catalyst on those teams that laid the foundation for them rising to elite status.

Bryce Petty who threw for 8,200 yards in his career at Baylor despite only seeing any significant playing time for two years (63-10 TD-int ration). He is the #2 QB in Baylor history, only behind RG3
These were both committed when Chaney took over as OC under Kiffin. Both were told to go packing.

Tahj Boyd stung but with Doolittle as HC I dont think Boyd becomes the QB that he did at Clemson. Or he would have decommitted when Kiff split.
That's not even the timeline. Boyd and Petty were both committed under Fulmer. They were both dropped when Kiffin took over. So, it was not the class when Kiffin Split.

JG is a great human being & a vol for life. He will succeed in life & someone my kids can emulate. He's just not getting it done as the starter. Simple. End of story. What did Einstein say about doing the same thing over & over and hoping for different results?
I think you're right about his character and level of commitment. I think that's the recoil we see when people start using phrasing, words, or downright intended slander to express THEIR displeasure with the obvious struggles that a Mongolian Commandant who's never witnessed an American football game can spot. It's never as simple or as complicated to correct a obvious problem as it seems to the novice (ever). I can hear those novice even now..."yeah it is...start BM, JT, HB....:D:D. Oh...I thought Ben Franklin said that about "doing the same thing over and expecting yada yada yada...I learn someone new everyday on Volnation!

Its not a loser mentality. I highly doubt Pruitt is doing what I said. Its just the way it is. We could have 1997 Peyton Manning back there this Saturday and still lose by 3 TDs.
PLEASE explain that!

You just say stuff sometimes because you think it will make sense. I've done this myself admittedly....

But do you realize Bama has one of the worst defenses they've ever had this year?? They've not been good on Defense in 3 years now. If we had Peyton with all the skill talent we have we beat Bama. Because our defense this year IS MUCH better than people realize. And Bama's offense won't just throw up 45 on them. Not even 40.

Seriously?
Tajh Boyd who ended up throwing for 12k yards in his career and is the all-time leading passer for Clemson. He was the catalyst on those teams that laid the foundation for them rising to elite status.

Bryce Petty who threw for 8,200 yards in his career at Baylor despite only seeing any significant playing time for two years (63-10 TD-int ration). He is the #2 QB in Baylor history, only behind RG3
These were both committed when Chaney took over as OC under Kiffin. Both were told to go packing.
Yeah seriously. I heard of Tajh Boyd but not Petty. I did not keep up with recruiting details back then.

I just wish JG would go away, don’t go away mad just go away.

I think the Vols would be better if they put one of the Freshman WR’s at QB.

Reactions: 4chrissy
I’m not going to beat up a kid on here, but watch the sideline and watch the team interact with him. Your perception will change.

Reactions: cgrish
I'm pretty sure we all know the answer to this question, TC, but we're just masochists who will continue to watch thinking something will change. It's pretty clear JG will start because Pruitt has proven he doesn't have the stones to make a change and give this team a fighting chance.

PLEASE explain that!

You just say stuff sometimes because you think it will make sense. I've done this myself admittedly....

But do you realize Bama has one of the worst defenses they've ever had this year?? They've not been good on Defense in 3 years now. If we had Peyton with all the skill talent we have we beat Bama. Because our defense this year IS MUCH better than people realize. And Bama's offense won't just throw up 45 on them. Not even 40.

Lol. Ok bud whatever. Bama just shredded a defense loaded with NFL talent. We have little to no NFL talent in defense. Bama defense will likely hold us to under 17 points. And you can think Peyton would make all the difference if you want but he wouldn’t.

We are not that talented. Our WRs are average to below average at the moment. They cannot get good separation. They don’t have elite route running skills or elite speed. We haven’t had a true elite WR since Hunter.

So you can continue to believe that only the QB matters all you want.

VN Store

Back