Any word from practice on QB reps

Durr, I read that literally.. hahaha

They may have 'butted heads' but I'm guessing this had been brewing for a while. Most likely scenario is Pruitt wanted things done a certain way, his way if you like, and Brumbaugh wanted to do things a different way. Pruitt had enough, therefore Brumbaugh walks..
That’s a message to every assistant. It’s HIS way or the highway and it’s probably why he’s still coaching in the past and failing. Because he is too hard headed to learn other ways but his own. This game has evolved. The qb position has evolved and the sooner he learns to evolve WITH IT the better off he’ll be as a HC.

If that is really true then the word will get our on CJP and well he will not be head coach for long as no one (good) will want to work for him.
I tend to read body language a lot and I remember Cheney last year at the spring game saying at halftime “I’m not making any comments without the permission of my boss”. That told me it’s a dictatorship. I also remember in his first year he wouldn’t allow assistants to do media interviews. Dictatorship. Last year he FINALLY allowed Weinke to do one and his comments were the exact opposite of Pruitts concerning BM. He wasn’t heard from again the rest of the year. Dictatorship.

Watching him evaluate qbs in today’s game and over riding proven professionals on the opposite side of the ball spells dictatorship.

Idk for a fact that it’s true but the evidence that it’s not is stacked against him.

Durr, I read that literally.. hahaha

They may have 'butted heads' but I'm guessing this had been brewing for a while. Most likely scenario is Pruitt wanted things done a certain way, his way if you like, and Brumbaugh wanted to do things a different way. Pruitt had enough, therefore Brumbaugh walks..
Seems straightforward. Yet, Brumbaugh supposedly gets a buyout. Why? I thought buyouts protected the coach against circumstances outside his control, not insubordination.

Reactions: tbh and 08Vol
I imagine the coaches have given Pruitt their opinions, during meetings most likely. Pruitt asks about gameplan, player development, etc. Chaney for ex. may say something like "So and so has this certain set of skills that I think will work with this game plan I have in mind for this week's opponent" or "I think we should roll so and so going forward because of such and such". Pruitt then disagrees, states why and that's that. He presented his difference of opinion in a respectful way and didn't continue to argue with Pruitt. They're not going to go against him and blast their opinion to the media. What they tell the media always coincides with what the HC wants.

Brumbaugh on the other hand probably continued to argue with Pruitt and do things his own way, and it ultimately cost him his job.

Reactions: m1al and spyfish007
It matters every week. Get that loser mentality out of here. I don’t care how bad pruitt mismanaged this qb situation, if he is leading a team into this game with that mentality fire him today.
LOL...you really think we got a shot! Just need the right mindset right? Come on man!

I tend to read body language a lot and I remember Cheney last year at the spring game saying at halftime “I’m not making any comments without the permission of my boss”. That told me it’s a dictatorship. I also remember in his first year he wouldn’t allow assistants to do media interviews. Dictatorship. Last year he FINALLY allowed Weinke to do one and his comments were the exact opposite of Pruitts concerning BM. He wasn’t heard from again the rest of the year. Dictatorship.

Watching him evaluate qbs in today’s game and over riding proven professionals on the opposite side of the ball spells dictatorship.

Idk for a fact that it’s true but the evidence that it’s not is stacked against him.
Saban without the Excellence

That’s a message to every assistant. It’s HIS way or the highway and it’s probably why he’s still coaching in the past and failing. Because he is too hard headed to learn other ways but his own. This game has evolved. The qb position has evolved and the sooner he learns to evolve WITH IT the better off he’ll be as a HC.
I've said before I think he's ultra conservative and he very well may stubborn, he sure wouldn'tbe the first. But the guy is not that old and he's rose thru the ranks fairly quickly so just how far in the past can he be coaching? Also, I think it’s foolish to assume he doesn't recognize the QB position has "evolved".

As far as it's "his way or the highway", he is the head coach and it's not unheard of for a head coach to fire an assistant for deviating from his plan. Honestly, you may be over thinking things. His strategy seems simply to rely on the D to take over and 'win' games for him. One of his problems is, his D ain't there yet and we all know the other giant elephant in the room is...

Seems straightforward. Yet, Brumbaugh supposedly gets a buyout. Why? I thought buyouts protected the coach against circumstances outside his control, not insubordination.
Because he wasn't fired for insubordination. That gets very messy and would cost more than the buyout. Not to mention, that tag follows a man and I'm sure Pruitt doesn't want to ruin the guys career...

Reactions: WestTennVol
I've said before I think he's ultra conservative and he very well may stubborn, he sure wouldn'tbe the first. But the guy is not that old and he's rose thru the ranks fairly quickly so just how far in the past can he be coaching? Also, I think it’s foolish to assume he doesn't recognize the QB position has "evolved".

As far as it's "his way or the highway", he is the head coach and it's not unheard of for a head coach to fire an assistant for deviating from his plan. Honestly, you may be over thinking things. His strategy seems simply to rely on the D to take over and 'win' games for him. One of his problems is, his D ain't there yet and we all know the other giant elephant in the room is...
Quality response. So here I go.

He rose through the ranks as a defensive coordinator, not a HC or offensive anything. The best HCs know their limits and understand they can’t do it all. Therefore they hire professionals to handle what they have no expertise in. In comes Cheney. A proven qb coach and offensive coordinator. He’s told WHO to play by someone with NO experience on the offensive side of the ball, much less the most complex position in all of sports, qb. Have we ever heard Cheney say JG was our best option? Or just the media suggesting he agreed? I’ve never heard it unless I’m missing something. I’ve never heard Weinke say it either for that matter. The only one we’ve heard say it is a defensive coordinator. Simple as that.

Quality response. So here I go.

He rose through the ranks as a defensive coordinator, not a HC or offensive anything. The best HCs know their limits and understand they can’t do it all. Therefore they hire professionals to handle what they have no expertise in. In comes Cheney. A proven qb coach and offensive coordinator. He’s told WHO to play by someone with NO experience on the offensive side of the ball, much less the most complex position in all of sports, qb. Have we ever heard Cheney say JG was our best option? Or just the media suggesting he agreed? I’ve never heard it unless I’m missing something. I’ve never heard Weinke say it either for that matter. The only one we’ve heard say it is a defensive coordinator. Simple as that.
Every head coach starts as an assistant. Every head coach get his first head coaching gig. Pruitt first HC gig is UT. He's is young and new at this, a point many seem to just ignore. They just assume because he’s coaching here, he should already be great (fandom)... He has an exceptional defensive mind, he's dedicated and works his ass off from what I can tell. He has some negatives too which everbody is focusing on beacuse he's hitting some rough spots. I believe he'll learn from it. I believe the man has great potential, but as hard as it is to take, he's growing into this roll. The growing pains suck for all of us though, including him. Thing is, we're going to have to deal with it for a while.

Every head coach starts as an assistant. Every head coach get his first head coaching gig. Pruitt first HC gig is UT. He's is young and new at this, a point many seem to just ignore. They just assume because he’s coaching here, he should already be great (fandom)... He has an exceptional defensive mind, he's dedicated and works his ass off from what I can tell. He has some negatives too which everbody is focusing on beacuse he's hitting some rough spots. I believe he'll learn from it. I believe the man has great potential, but as hard as it is to take, he's growing into this roll. The growing pains suck for all of us though, including him. Thing is, we're going to have to deal with it for a while.
If I could only agree with you there. 3 years he’s had JG. 3 years he’s lost games because of what lacks within JG. It shouldn’t take 3 years to either LEARN how to evaluate qbs OR recognize your limitations and let the professionals handle it. That’s a personality flaw that won’t allow him to admit he’s wrong.

JP needs to ban green jerseys in practice for QB's, hit them all you want this week. Maybe then, he could get a true read on JG. Or get the SEC to approve a green jersey for JG against bama.

If I could only agree with you there. 3 years he’s had JG. 3 years he’s lost games because of what lacks within JG. It shouldn’t take 3 years to either LEARN how to evaluate qbs OR recognize your limitations and let the professionals handle it. That’s a personality flaw that won’t allow him to admit he’s wrong.

I hate to pile on, but even other teams get it. Tua will now start down here for the Miami Dolphins even though veteran Fitzpatrick is playing quite well. He's the #7 QB in the NFL via QBR ratings. When the head coach was asked on the change he said Tua is the future of their franchise and no better time to get him prepared than now................I think at this point we cut our losses and prepare HB to be the future of this football team. I really dont think he can play any worse than JG. But I agree with you, sounds like Pruitt is unbelievably stubborn and the lack of change may eventually get him fired.

HB will calling the shots after our beat down by Bama.
I took from multiple PC's that there MAY have been a plan from coaching staff if we got to bye week, to get backup ready.

At this point, 'it isnt fair to HB to trot him out against Bama', is the phrase of the week.

JG threw 0 interceptions in practice yesterday. Looks really good.

giphy.gif

I took from multiple PC's that there MAY have been a plan from coaching staff if we got to bye week, to get backup ready.

At this point, 'it isnt fair to HB to trot him out against Bama', is the phrase of the week.

I've always wondered about this, while I do not think he could bring us to victory if he played this week, I honestly wonder if we ran the plays he was comfortable with, if throwing him in this fire wouldnt be of benefit later on. As in, he starts and takes reps against probably the toughest team in college football seems like everything else would be downhill in the defenses he would face. example: when I went to UT and Pat was still there, her girls practiced against some pretty good guys during scrimmage and what not. This stiff competition (no pun intended) seemed to make them better prepared to play gameday. (Not trying to be sexist saying men are better athletes than women, etc, etc.........but.........)

If anyone is a college player on here and could shed light on how this scenario would affect confidence + or -, and future preparedness I'd be interested to hear.

Reactions: bullpen1
Let’s go with history here and veer on the side of”Prob gonna end bad”..What sucks is playing JG u still get the”Prob gonna end bad”..How TF Maurer isn’t ready is beyond me.Havent saw much but more than Shrout and has to know this offense by now.JG is so frustrating similar to Marcus Mariota he make u go Whooooaa one play,and next 5 ur just like Duuuurp wtf was that.I think Chaney liked Haynes king and King kid at Miami wants a dual threat Dobbs type.However we got Kadion coming in but he’s raw and gonna take time.Shocked theu didn’t pursue a transfer if they knew our depth was this horrendous or guys aren’t ready.Has to be sumone stopping things etc it doesn’t make much sense.Chaney way to smart to see that group and think”Oh yea will be okie dokie “

Because he wasn't fired for insubordination. That gets very messy and would cost more than the buyout. Not to mention, that tag follows a man and I'm sure Pruitt doesn't want to ruin the guys career...
In the state of TN, that is the easiest way to fire an employee without repercussions. In TN, if you do not do or fail to do one thing your employer told you to do or expects you to do, that is insubordination. It is an employers Get Out of Jail Free card in a right to work state.

VN Store

Back