Any ideas about who Kellie's final hire might be?

DeMoss? Anosike?

C'mon people, just because the athletic department is xenophobic and unimaginative doesn't mean we have to be. I really hope Kellie aims higher...

Reactions: vettefool
Anybody think maybe Jackie Stiles is a candidate, since she didn't get the new HC position at Mo. State and KJH already knows her?

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I’m hoping she picks an experienced offensive guru. Someone like Melanie Balcomb. We could do great things with a nice offensive system like Iowa, Oregon, UCONN, Maryland, Stanford, etc.

Anybody think maybe Jackie Stiles is a candidate, since she didn't get the new HC position at Mo. State and KJH already knows her?

Coach Mox has said she's been offered a job to stay on MO St staff if she wants it but that Jackie is weighing other options.

Jackie did yeoman's work developing guards there. Some of their board posters mentioned that she really helped turn Gitzen into a leader and helped her develop a pull-up jumper which was especially effective on tbe break (Gitzen scored 14 against Stanford). Anyway, haven't heard if she's looking at HC offers or has been offered a job by Kellue. The MO St fans seem to really want her to stay.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

I don't think Jackie would want to move that far away from home. Could be wrong, but she seems to like staying close to Kansas where she grew up.

She is still listed as an assistant coach on their website and the new head coach is already added. I would think if she weren't going to stay with the team as an assistant they would have removed her from the website.

She is currently battling ocular melanoma so she may have been offered but declined due to the added hours and responsibility.

I have first hand experience regarding Jackie's deep roots at Missouri St. A casual reader can gain perspective by reading her Tweets. Her life is about basketball and much more. View her as MSU's Peyton Manning and realize that a lateral move as an assistant coach isn't in her best interests. One can read about her side interests at her web page. The name gets her plenty of sessions and professional engagements so she can make live on her side business until a bigger opportunity comes around.

I wouldn't be surprised to see her land the job at University of Illinois at Springfield.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I can help with offense, I've been offencive all my life
QzgL7H5.gif

I have first hand experience regarding Jackie's deep roots at Missouri St. A casual reader can gain perspective by reading her Tweets. Her life is about basketball and much more. View her as MSU's Peyton Manning and realize that a lateral move as an assistant coach isn't in her best interests. One can read about her side interests at her web page. The name gets her plenty of sessions and professional engagements so she can make live on her side business until a bigger opportunity comes around.

I wouldn't be surprised to see her land the job at University of Illinois at Springfield.

The timing is just so bad for Jackie since she is currently battling ocular cancer and, I'm assuming, has established medical relationships in Springfield. I have heard nothing but high praises for Jackie's ability to teach young players the game, so once she gets this latest health setback squared away I'm sure she'll be at the top of a lot of lists -- IF she wants to be.

There is one remaining spot for a LV assistant coach of basketball. Has anyone heard anything on who that person might be? I suspect that Coach Harper is interviewing and searching for the best that she can acquire. Maybe there will be some news this week.

There is one remaining spot for a LV assistant coach of basketball. Has anyone heard anything on who that person might be? I suspect that Coach Harper is interviewing and searching for the best that she can acquire. Maybe there will be some news this week.

I just checked my phone... Can't imagine what's taking so long.

Reactions: MAD and mcannon1

VN Store

Back