Any ideas about who Kellie's final hire might be?

So we can eliminate Dean (Michigan St) and Jackie Stiles (Oklahoma).

Can the final assistant coach be announced already?

Any ideas as to why it is taking Kellie so long to hire an Associate Head Coach...contract terms of a coach with their current school or something else? I would think this opening would be very appealing out there and things would have moved quicker.

Last edited:
Any ideas as to why it is taking Kellie so long to hire an Associate Head Coach...contract terms of a coach with their current school or something else? I would think this opening would be very appealing out there and things would have moved quicker.

No need to rush the hire. They have three coaches currently, and only three can be out on the road at one time. Kellie can take her time to find the right person. Heather Irvin can be elevated in a pinch to go out recruiting if a coach needs to be on campus.

No need to rush the hire. They have three coaches currently, and only three can be out on the road at one time. Kellie can take her time to find the right person. Heather Irvin can be elevated in a pinch to go out recruiting if a coach needs to be on campus.

The coach they need right now is in their own backyard.

Reactions: BUBear and MAD
They don't really need the third assistant coach right now. What they need is a skills and technique instructor. Right now it's off seasom. There is an old coaching adage, you make players in the offseason you make teams during the season. Right now they need to be making players. And that's what I do

Reactions: BUBear and MAD
She is probably preoccupied moving to Ktown & finding a home . Putting out message board trauma's(naming a 3rd assistant) is far down her list.. Hopefully far behind finding a truly great pg. :)

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol

So what staff has she kept? That means Irving is still in her position ?

Seriously. One game where Stanford plays like garbage and all of the sudden Kellie is the next big thing.
You beat Stanford and you did something well. Hate to be the one to break that news to you.

Question: Will KJH have a the summer skills camp this initial year? I ask because that is yet another "staff" task of magnitude. And such staff are no doubt already in place. In years pass there was a general camp and an elite camp. Camps have been important in recruiting, as well as supplemental sources of funding for "staff."

She is probably preoccupied moving to Ktown & finding a home . Putting out message board trauma's(naming a 3rd assistant) is far down her list.. Hopefully far behind finding a truly great pg. :)

But she wasn’t too preoccupied to name the other two assistant coaches.

Reactions: orangealways
I'm far from being traumatized, just curious. :p

VN Store

Back