Any chance Tayven Jackson beats out Milton next spring?

Nico will win the job next year. He is ranked #3 in the nation and a lot of people thinks that he is #1. He is not redshirting. He understands this offense.
I thought Nico was ranked #2 behind Arch. Who is #2 on the list you saw and which ranking are you referencing?

Those stats are completion percentages. Regardless of who he’s playing against, your complaint is invalid because he has to connect with a receiver to get a completion
Not sure I agree with this. The big issue with Joe is overthrowing and game decisions when in a game situation that matters. Most everyone says he has the arm talent and looks great in practices. That's why he won the job over Hooker in the first place. The percentages you throw out there are in mop up duty when it is more of a practice situation and not game situations.

Texas doesn’t play in the SEC and Arch is much more polished than Nico. Nico has a much higher ceiling, but isn’t as college ready right now
Where are you seeing anything that suggests Arch is more polished than Nico? I've actually seen the opposite quite often with experts suggesting Arch is only ranked ahead of Nico due to his last name being Manning.

Do u play QB or have u ever played QB in bad weather??? If not, how would u know what effect the weather had on either guy?? Even UGA stopped throwing the ball once the weather got worse. Kirby said out his mouth that the weather changed their game plan. We literally saw multiple overthrows vs UGA even when there wasn't pressure, so it wasn't all UGA's defense. I didn't compliment anybody, I pointed out that they both looked the same in similar weather. Only difference was UGA ain't letting u run for 300 yards.
And my point is that I agree with you in that Milton looks like what Hooker looked like in the UGA game. Where we differ is rain was not the reason for Milton looking bad or Hooker looking bad.

Complaint?? I’m stating exactly what I’ve watched and know from his playing time. Anybody who knows the sport will tell you the same. Jordan Rogers said it several times last night and they had multiple discussions about it. They have after every time he’s been the Qb1. I don’t think the Milton lovers are seeing the same thing that the rest of us do. You must be one of those on here that thinks he’s a world beater. If he’s our Qb. next year and wins the start of the season. Be prepared to go thru what was 2021…Just like when he started out and Hendon took over in 2021. Be prepared for the let downs and a couple losses later. Then you’ll have discussions about well if the coach would’ve this and that bs. If your running your receivers to death and can’t reward them. They will tire out because one…your not scoring or moving the ball efficiently. Where you can regroup between first downs and running the ball. Where they catch a breather and run a few deep routes again. If you don’t and they tire out they will get frustrated and quit on you. I’ve watch there demeanor after these plays and there walking off frustrated and that would be for anybody.! This offense is built for fast and furious. When they don’t connect on the long ball out of the park. Then they have to comeback and try to regroup. These are tired players or player that are trying to reset. One simple question…..Have you watch CJH get frustrated on the side lines when they can’t go fast. When they have to substitute and the defense is allowed too.

I will answer this one - yes and yes again. I drew the conclusion that CJH was frustrated both on the sideline and at halftime and honestly why wouldn't he be. He is the architect of a dynamic offence- he gives the keys to a bright red shiny Ferrari to Milton and he drives it into the ditch. He is going to need to complete the majority of the passes to wide open receivers or one of the other two could and probably should jump ahead of him. I think after the first two minutes of the game we passed for 80-90 yards against Vanderbilt. That is not the offense that CJH is trying to run.

MIlton has the physical ability - I am sure he completes most of these in practice, but he is going to need to step it up come gametime. In the SEC there is no margin for error.

Did you see the wind blowing 20 mph and pouring down rain?
Come on that’s one big ass target. Lol The wind had nothing to do with it….Especially when he can make a throw on a dart. From one hash mark all the way to the other sideline and 10-15 yards down the field. What is that 45-50 yard. I’ll except rain but even then just toss a bad wobbly ball but give him a chance. This dude (if) he’s our baller…He is gonna make a lot of you go grey and bald LOL

I'm sure the plan is to redshirt nico
If for some reason Nico balls out I see Jackson transferring

I hope not.

I say that because if not that would mean Milton earned it and is prepared and more ready.

Milton has waited, stuck it out and done everything the right way and been a great team player while serving in a backup role. I hope he gets his chance.

Had already committed to Pruitt hadn't he?
No. Wasn’t even on Pruitt’s radar…as in offer. Pruitt and Chaney were all in on Simpson and it appeared we were the favorites. Heupel continued that recruitment after taking over until last Spring when he committed to Bama. Plan B was Drew Allar who ended up committing to Penn State. The next in line appeared to be Sam Horn, but VQ claimed they were already prioritizing Tayven before Horn went with Mizzou.

Reactions: BJSforVols
i think the most likely scenario is that they bring in a transfer to compete for the starting job. i could see a transfer starting game one if Milton has this same kind of game in the bowl game. really hate it for the kid. really wanted to see him put it together but im afraid its not going to happen..

Did you see the wind blowing 20 mph and pouring down rain?

No, Joe's haters don't see facts or reality. You see, their desire to condemn, tear down, hate, dismiss, and disparage the guy at every opportunity is an inherent genetic defect. They simply can't help themselves. Something like a pouring rain, a strong wind, or even if there was a power outage impacting performance doesn't register with such folks.
https://media.tenor.com/dewxRuXY-vYAAAAd/seth-meyers-haters.gif

Milton is Milton, what you see is what you get I'm afraid, don't see anything changing.

Right

I just wish the damned AD would hire a good QB coach!!

It is nothing short of amazing that HH was able to turn himself into a Heisman candidate from being so mediocre at VaTech. ALL WITHOUT A DECENT QB COACH!!

I hope the next qb gets so lucky

Right

I just wish the damned AD would hire a good QB coach!!

It is nothing short of amazing that HH was able to turn himself into a Heisman candidate from being so mediocre at VaTech. ALL WITHOUT A DECENT QB COACH!!

I hope the next qb gets so lucky
Or the alternative viewpoint is that Hendons natural abilites fit this system much better and he excelled after he learned the playbook in a short time frame, I believe Heupel is good with Quarterbacks but by your own logic if he turned Hendon around in a few short months why has he not fixed Milton in two years? But you're probably right, Im sure in his fifth year of college football everything will come together and he will win the Heisman next year.

What is crystal clear is that Milton hasn’t changed from the QB who lost us the Pitt game last year because he couldn’t complete a wide open pass. He’s gone through all the same reps that Hooker has done, yet there is minimal improvement. Milton isn’t the guy. We will be lucky to win 8 games with him at QB.

With that said, unlike previous coaching staffs, I trust these coaches to make the right decision come game time.

Reactions: BJSforVols

VN Store

Back