Any chance Tayven Jackson beats out Milton next spring?

19/28,68%, for 251 yards and 3 touchdowns no picks no fumbles. Only one overthrow and it wasn’t even a bad one. Y’all are crazy if you didn’t watch that game and come away feeling good about Milton. There were hardly any designed runs for him, because of not having a good backup behind him. So that element of his game was not there, and he still played well. Only thing you can complain about is that he may have held the ball too long a couple of times. Dude has all the talent in the world, he’s a good leader, he is a good dude, and he played very well tonight. No reason to hate our own QB. The defense played very well too, but the offense finally started hitting its stride in the 3rd and 4th quarter. When we did is was a quick strike offense as per usual, so looking at how Clemson played it’s no surprise. They wanted to posses and own the TOP. They did that but our defense stepped up to the plate. Our coach completely outcoached Dabo Swinney, and showed that we have a bright future. I’m looking forward to next season where we could possibly be the same or better.

Cool and Dooley won that stupid leather helmet, Butch won a bowl game and beat UGA. Still not the future of the team.
I like others on here have my opinion, Milton was good and he is a great person, but he holds the ball too long. Those sacks were on him, not the oline. He does overthrow WRs. Se scrambles like Dan Marion.
Our D played their butts off tonight, that is the real MVP
Milton hasn’t been overthrowing WRs this year any more than any QB would. He did a little more in the Vandy game but it was a downpour. Milton even showed some touch on a couple of deep throws last night.

Milton just doesn’t have it - anyone can see he is not accurate, repeatedly over throws open receivers and he hasn’t fixed that by now he isn’t able to do so.
You been on this board for 13 years with 21 posts and you now decided to give your opinion.
Did you lose your password or were you banned for 13 years. In a Coma? First time you have watched a game? Forgot you were a VOLs fan?

The Milton to Bru pass should answer any questions.
That was an elite NFL Pass and Catch that was pinpointed, thrown with smoke, timed perfectly, and with precision.
You can't ask for anything more. It will not be the last time you see it.
Milton has 8 months to work on any discrepancies that some of you pointed out.
CJH is a perfectionist and if I am a betting man, Milton will only get better and better before the season starts.
Hooker's mentorship has not hurt either.

So time to live in reality for some, Milton starts and plays next year and succeeds.
2021 runs out of bounds to end the game. 2022 takes a knee and wins MVP. Imagine if he does continue to improve in the weaker areas. I’m anxious to watch this trend continue 🙂

Chicken shart ! Wait till the games on and make a comment. LOL…A bowl game is great and I’m enjoying the win. Smiling for Milton and the team as they win 11…! Smiles all the way around for every player and fan. It’s been a very longtime coming. But here you are with your little chicken shart self with the all know it. It’s a bowl game and means nothing coming next year. The defense won this game and the offense made enough plays. I hope like hell he comes in next year and plays focused and plays well. Next year isn’t based on 1 bowl game. Next year he will have all the pressure on him.

Chicken shart? I was responding to your posts to me

Milton has come a looong way since the OM game. I am eating some crow, because Im on record as a serious doubter, but he came through big time last night. I thought the moment would be too big for him, but I was wrong...his TD passes were darts, things of beauty. I am eating that crow with a side of fries :)

He has made tremendous strides this season. I am much more confident about 2023 than I was a couple days ago. Props to Joe and that defense. Well done.

Reactions: VAVol85
Milton hasn’t been overthrowing WRs this year any more than any QB would. He did a little more in the Vandy game but it was a downpour. Milton even showed some touch on a couple of deep throws last night.

Sadly, bUTCH, JoMil could throw 16 TDs in a game with no picks, run for 310 yards, capture the Millennium Falcon single-handedly, and use it as a frat party house. And still, Milton-haters will fault him for not throw 22 TDs, running for one more yard, and not hijacking a Formula 5oo car instead.

Sadly, bUTCH, JoMil could throw 16 TDs in a game with no picks, run for 310 yards, capture the Millennium Falcon single-handedly, and use it as a frat party house. And still, Milton-haters will fault him for not throw 22 TDs, running for one more yard, and not hijacking a Formula 5oo car instead.
If I’m not invited to the Falcon party I’d criticize him too!

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
You been on this board for 13 years with 21 posts and you now decided to give your opinion.
Did you lose your password or were you banned for 13 years. In a Coma? First time you have watched a game? Forgot you were a VOLs fan?
Why does it matter how much you post.
Some people post too dang much and don’t say anything that matters. just saying

Milton looked better than expected but hard to see him repeating the type of season Hooker had. Think we'll end up 8-4 or 9-3 in the regular season next year.

Milton showed last night that he is capable of leading this team. He is improving, he just needs to continue the progress. He completed a very high number of passes for 251 yards and 3 Td’s and 0 interceptions. Against a very solid D. The ones that said Milton couldn’t get it done, you were wrong you were very wrong! GBO!!!!

Milton showed last night that he is capable of leading this team. He is improving, he just needs to continue the progress. He completed a very high number of passes for 251 yards and 3 Td’s and 0 interceptions. Against a very solid D. The ones that said Milton couldn’t get it done, you were wrong you were very wrong! GBO!!!!
He looked good last night.
I want to see him vs Nico in the spring. It is our time and we must have the right guy.
If Milton learns to run and not stand holding the ball with the D killing him, he could be amazing. Guys on here have to admit, he stands in the pocket way to long, he has to get the ball out of his hands or take off with it. That is my only complaint from last night. yes, I bit** about his overthrows all year and his running out of bounds the year before but with good reason. the guy from last night is a baller

Just to be clear…
Sunshine pumpers are just as bad as negavols. im starting a new term
RealityVols
This is the fan that can flow between negavol and sunshinepumper according to the play of the team.

One throw and this is the conclusion we draw?
Yup. It’s stupid and ridiculous. No QB Is going to hit every pass. Guess they’re forgetting Hooker over three guys too.
Joe played good last night and deserved the MVP he won but since we got 5 star Nico people want to appoint him the starter next year and leading us to the promise land, if he doesn’t I can already see the “we” paid $8million for this guy post. You’d think people would be happy we finally have a solid QB room.

Why does it matter how much you post.
Some people post too dang much and don’t say anything that matters. just saying
It doesn't matter how much anyone posts, but it what is important is what you say when you have 21 total posts in 13 years.

It doesn't matter if someone has a 1000 posts or just 3 posts, but I would hope if you made a statement as the poster stated you would have been more active in the past 13 years than just 21 posts. What's more, the poster could not be more wrong in what he stated.

IOW, don't come back from the dead and make a boneheaded statement of which I called him out for doing so.

To say "Milton does not have it is pretty" boneheaded. Also it tells me that he would start a RS Freshmen or a True Freshman over Milton. He has got it but he does not have the processor that Hooker had but that is teachable and trainable.

VN Store

Back