Any chance Tayven Jackson beats out Milton next spring?

We need to put another QB in this game. Tigers will win if we don’t
I try not to call out our own posters, but these are some of the stupidest takes I’ve seen in a while.

Are you Vol fans or just fans of players? No reason Milton is anywhere as divisive as he seems other than some of our posters just don’t like him. He’s a great story.

Yep that Joe Milton guy… he’s Terrible.. overthrowing everything tonight. It’s amazing how differently he plays when the rain isn’t blowing sideways.
Chicken shart ! Wait till the games on and make a comment. LOL…A bowl game is great and I’m enjoying the win. Smiling for Milton and the team as they win 11…! Smiles all the way around for every player and fan. It’s been a very longtime coming. But here you are with your little chicken shart self with the all know it. It’s a bowl game and means nothing coming next year. The defense won this game and the offense made enough plays. I hope like hell he comes in next year and plays focused and plays well. Next year isn’t based on 1 bowl game. Next year he will have all the pressure on him.

I try not to call out our own posters, but these are some of the stupidest takes I’ve seen in a while.

Are you Vol fans or just fans of players? No reason Milton is anywhere as divisive as he seems other than some of our posters just don’t like him. He’s a great story.
I mean, it's a message board. It's a place to share ideas and get feedback. Joe Milton played well enough to win but gave plenty of reason for pause. I don't think Joe Milton was the MVP. Beasley and the defense continued to hold Clemson to FG attempts. Without tonights defense this game looks a lot like our last game against the ACC.

At the end of the day Heupel is the coach and we are the spectators. Looks like our coach knows what he is doing, that's what matters.

Wonderful story
Not the future of the team

Milton-haters will always be what they are. They love hating the guy. He played with his team missing several important pieces. His passes were pretty accurate, none went to Mars. Some of them hit WRs hands, but credit Clemson's DBs, they defended rather well. Made our boys earn every catch, and I do mean earn them. They dropped more, though. It won't make a difference to Milton's haters, but here's his response to those haters:
MiltonBow1SM.gif

Reactions: perico and Raebo
He was the MVP of the Orange Bowl, so there is that . . .
Cool and Dooley won that stupid leather helmet, Butch won a bowl game and beat UGA. Still not the future of the team.
I like others on here have my opinion, Milton was good and he is a great person, but he holds the ball too long. Those sacks were on him, not the oline. He does overthrow WRs. Se scrambles like Dan Marion.
Our D played their butts off tonight, that is the real MVP

Cool and Dooley won that stupid leather helmet, Butch won a bowl game and beat UGA. Still not the future of the team.
I like others on here have my opinion, Milton was good and he is a great person, but he holds the ball too long. Those sacks were on him, not the oline. He does overthrow WRs. Se scrambles like Dan Marion.

There's a team down in Tuscaloosa that would appreciate your patronage. I understand they serve as a refuge for rival fans who have a loathing for their own team and/or its players. In case it helps, here's a site to speed up your journey. https://www.expedia.com/lp/flights/tys/tcl/knoxville-to-tuscaloosa

Milton starts it don't know how it will end. That is the way it is right now. The transfer portal could change everything.

I don't remember all the sacks, but one was on Jerome carvin, period. He whiffed that block like a three year old trying to hit a curveball.

Beasley and the defense continued to hold Clemson to FG attempts. Without tonights defense this game looks a lot like our last game against the ACC.

This ^^^^^^. Beasley should’ve been Co-MVP. He put on a show and without him and his leadership on the field last night, it would’ve been a different game. Beasley deserves a ton of credit and recognition.

The Milton to Bru pass should answer any questions.
That was an elite NFL Pass and Catch that was pinpointed, thrown with smoke, timed perfectly, and with precision.
You can't ask for anything more. It will not be the last time you see it.
Milton has 8 months to work on any discrepancies that some of you pointed out.
CJH is a perfectionist and if I am a betting man, Milton will only get better and better before the season starts.
Hooker's mentorship has not hurt either.

So time to live in reality for some, Milton starts and plays next year and succeeds.

Milton just doesn’t have it - anyone can see he is not accurate, repeatedly over throws open receivers and he hasn’t fixed that by now he isn’t able to do so.

“It” not being the Orange Bowl MVP trophy I guess.

Because he definitely does have that.

VN Store

Back