Any chance Tayven Jackson beats out Milton next spring?

BJSforVols

I posted this in the game thread, but that's probably not the right spot for this question. Milton doesn't look any better than last year in this Candy game,. I don't see us doing very well against decent or better teams next year without improvement from Milton or a different QB1. It just doesn't seem like Milton is going to change. Love the talent and the personality, but I just don't think he's a QB in actual game situations.

Any chance Traven Jackson can win out the QB1 spot next spring and give Nico a year or two to get some size on him. Jackson was a 4 star recruit, correct? Is he good enough to compete with Milton in the spring? Will Heupel give him a fair opportunity?

Without being privy to a lot of inside information, and knowing what the staff is thinking about Jackson and Milton (and Iamaleava), how the heck could anyone answer that question? Like, honestly. Who could answer that? Unless they're a telepath or they're actually on UT's football staff, I don't think anyone can tell you anything. They can just guess. So why not guess yourself? I mean, why not? It's practically the same thing.

Without being privy to a lot of inside information, and knowing what the staff is thinking about Jackson and Milton (and Iamaleava), how the heck could anyone answer that question? Like, honestly. Who could answer that? Unless they're a telepath or they're actually on UT's football staff, I don't think anyone can tell you anything. They can just guess. So why not guess yourself? I mean, why not? It's practically the same thing.
Looking for opinions and conversation. Nat anyone that really knows, because no one really knows.

Anyone who thinks Tennessee will win 8 games or less in 2023 is a certified Negavol in my opinion. I think Tennessee will be winning 9-10 games every season from here on out with CJH.
Hope and think are two different things. You may not realize how valuable Hooker and Banks are/were to this year's team. Replacing them will be key in next season's record. I'm not convinced Milton has improved at all. I don't see 9 to 10 wins next season if Milton is QB1 unless he improves significantly, and you have to begin to realize he's probably not going to improve. He is what he is.

I hope someone gets an opportunity to win the job over him. I’m afraid they are going to go with him just because of experience. But his upside is bad. He is already there having had so many years of playing college football. Tayven or Nico would both have a much better upside.

Hopefully he does...Milton still struggling with accuracy and touch... and how to use said touch. They all can't be thrown on a rope. Don't get me wrong, Milton has improved a ton over last year... but still can't be reliably accurate and has no concept of touch or when to use it.

VN Store

Back