Any chance Grant comes back?

you are 100% wrong. Look at the results of NBA drafts the past decade. Almost all early picks are freshmen and at most sophomores. And age plays a huge factor. Look at for instance most late round "steals" are Juniors and Seniors. as an example the 2017 Draft. I used 2017 instead of 2018 because those players have had 2 years. 2018 is similar but those guys have only been in the league 1 year so far.

In the first round only 3 upperclassmen were drafted in the first round starting with Kyle Kuzma (Jr.) at 27 and the last 2 picks 29,30 Josh Hart and Derrick White. Interestingly enough 2 of these guys Ended up on the Lakers along with pick 2 Lonzo Ball (fr). The Lakers actually traded their number 28 pick (freshman Tony Bradley for 30 senior Josh Hart).

Once you hit the second round thats when u see a lot of Juniors and Seniors along with international players drafted. The second round is really interesting because you start seeing that most of the names from that list that made an impact were Juniors and Seniors.

But going back looking at draft classes Upperclassmen almost universally have a lower bust rate but tend to get drafted later. I looked over 4 drafts back and almost every upperclassman drafted in the lottery 6/7 are at worst rotational players. Thats out of 52 players 7 were upperclassmen. The one guy Jerome Robinson was drafted last year and pundits think he is anything but a bust he was just stuck behind a deep backcourt.

NBA teams value youth a lot even though history shows he upperclassmen are safer bets. They'd rather flip the coin on youth and find that diamond in the rough. Seniors RARELY get drafted in the first round much less the lottery.
You're confusing correlation with causality. The players are not drafted higher because they are younger. They are drafted higher because they are better ball players.

Reactions: StrangeVol
Nope, 2006. Stanley Asumnu and Major Wingate were both 1st rounders. Both guys shot up draft boards in the late days leading up to the draft, and were taken at the end of the 1st. Major was injured before camp started doing a keg stand in his Spongebob pajamas and never made it to training camp. Asumnu decided to pursue a career with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers instead, believing at the time that the NBA was soon to fold and become second fiddle to the NBA D-League. That gamble didn’t pay off as the NBA is still alive and well, and the NBADL is now the Gatorade League. Asumnu is currently pursuing an NFL Europe career as a TE.

Nope, 2006. Stanley Asumnu and Major Wingate were both 1st rounders. Both guys shot up draft boards in the late days leading up to the draft, and were taken at the end of the 1st. Major was injured before camp started doing a keg stand in his Spongebob pajamas and never made it to training camp. Asumnu decided to pursue a career with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers instead, believing at the time that the NBA was soon to fold and become second fiddle to the NBA D-League. That gamble didn’t pay off as the NBA is still alive and well, and the NBADL is now the Gatorade League. Asumnu is currently pursuing an NFL Europe career as a TE.

😂😂

Obviously everybody is guessing at this point. He hasn't made a decision. But it has been pointed out by me and others, GW is not your typical student-athlete. Lots of fans viewing this as an easy decision and assuming there is no way he is coming back because an NBA paycheck is a certainty. And we assume that because that is what WE would do and what almost every student-athlete would do. But GW is clearly his own type of dude. I think the comparison to the Peyton Manning decision is at least fairly accurate. GW does not have family telling him to get that paycheck because we gotta have this money. There is more chance with him than most others that he ends up deciding that he enjoys everything about the college life and doesn't want to miss out on 1 more year of it. Guess we find out in a few days.

Never knew that. Evidently few do. most recent articles are saying Ernie and Bernie 40 years ago. Vaily interesting.
Well, clearly whoever wrote that article is a stupidhead. You need to stick with VN for your info.

How cool would it be to see Grant and Admiral play on the same team? It is possible because a couple of teams have multiply (later) 1st round picks. Celtics (14, 20,& 22), Spurs (19 & 29), and the Nets (17 & 27). Would personally like to see them with the Spurs and let them get coached by Pop. Or see either one play with Richardson or Tobias.

The newest mock draft (updated after last night's lottery) by Sam Vecenie of the Athletic has Grant going 27th to Brooklyn, Admiral going 38th to Chicago, and Bone going undrafted.

2006 NBA Draft | Basketball-Reference.com

Does it show them here or am I just a blind stupidhead. JK
Stanley Asumnu spent some time studying abroad in Madrid between his junior and senior year, and his name roughly translates to Sergio Rodriguez, in Spanish. And some of Wingate’s best friends call him Joel Freeland. You really need to get with the program.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy Football
giphy.gif

Stanley Asumnu spent some time studying abroad in Madrid between his junior and senior year, and his name roughly translates to Sergio Rodriguez, in Spanish. And some of Wingate’s best friends call him Joel Freeland. You really need to get with the program.
You guys. lmao

Reactions: cncchris33

Still mad that Asumnu never saw the football field, at least I don't think he did

Basilio says Grant will announce his intentions on Saturday. Considering he’s already had one announcement to note his intention of testing the draft, it would seem weird for him to announce on Saturday that he’s staying in the draft. :eek:

So Grant measured almost 6’8”, curious where all the people saying he was 6’6”-6’6” are? Those were really good measurements for him, think they’ll quiet some concerns over his size, likely solidify his spot in Top 25.

So Grant measured almost 6’8”, curious where all the people saying he was 6’6”-6’6” are? Those were really good measurements for him, think they’ll quiet some concerns over his size, likely solidify his spot in Top 25.

I had mentioned before that he was taller than me and I am 6'-6.5", but people continued making remarks that he is only 6'-5" lol

VN Store

Back