Any chance Grant comes back?

I think he does.

Wow. Really? I was under the impression that he's all but gone. Last mock I saw had him at #19. He's a graduate. Who knows, maybe he does. I would love it.

My thot is that unless he has some sort of setback in the combine that drops him out of the 1R, then we'll have seen his last game in OR.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
He's probably not going to raise or lower his draft stock alot...so, it's more about the money directly in front of him, or lure of "Peyton" type legendary figure for years to come...though he's pretty much already all time vol team. I don't see him staying, and don't really expect him to stay...but would be awesome if he did.

I was for sure thinking he was returning, but I think the chances are Very slim considering he just graduated.. and I know his mom was big about him getting his degree before departing...

Reactions: savannahfan
The chances returning for his senior year turns him into a lottery pick are much lower than him getting injured or having a bad season. I don't think a lot of people realize how much an extra year of age hurts players in the draft. Grant isn't likely gonna grow another inch or change his game that much. The problem he has is he is a very polished player and the only real thing he can add is a 3 point shot.

It makes zero sense for him to return his senior year. The only reason he should possibly return is for legacy and that my friends would be a stupid personal choice as much as we'd all love him for it. Even if he ends up being drafted in the second round it's a better business decision.

The chances returning for his senior year turns him into a lottery pick are much lower than him getting injured or having a bad season. I don't think a lot of people realize how much an extra year of age hurts players in the draft. Grant isn't likely gonna grow another inch or change his game that much. The problem he has is he is a very polished player and the only real thing he can add is a 3 point shot.

It makes zero sense for him to return his senior year. The only reason he should possibly return is for legacy and that my friends would be a stupid personal choice as much as we'd all love him for it. Even if he ends up being drafted in the second round it's a better business decision.

NBA teams are guaranteed 4 years (if they want it). I don't think the value of 22-26 is worse than 21-25. I don't really think staying would hurt him in the draft.

He would become the Peyton Manning of the basketball program if he stays. State hero for life. That's not trash. Might not be worth it, but you don't turn it down w/o a thought.

VN Store

Back