Amateur Hour Continues

Matthew 23:23
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others."
Luke 11:42
“But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.
Tithing is a matter of the law. Look up it’s purpose.
You miss the entire point that messiah was making

Does Christ specify how much is enough?
Kind of..................
And he sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box. Many rich people put in large sums. And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which make a penny. And he called his disciples to him and said to them, “Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.”

Luther in real time 😂
Pretty sure the cat lady has scurried off again since she successfully handed her broke back debate over to Luther

DC1E0EFB-FEFB-4749-B840-CCF1F29E5491.jpeg

Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce; then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will be bursting with wine.

Yes, but the new testament also says if a man does not work, "he shall not eat". We should help the needy, but not just give away free stuff to those that will not help themselves, and there are millions of those people living in this country. Remember God gives us individual free will. It's not the governments job to dispense charity.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Kind of..................
And he sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box. Many rich people put in large sums. And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which make a penny. And he called his disciples to him and said to them, “Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.”

So you don't know?

Luther thinks tithing is the same thing as wealth redistribution so don’t expect anything resembling truth if he answers your question.
It's not, but if you go back into the Old Testament there were practices (such as wiping out debts) that were redistributionalist.

So that argument appears to be, "Well yeah, yeah, Jesus said I SHOULD give, but he never mandated it. So I don't have to, as long as I go to church on Sundays and do my little Christian song and dance for an hour and then come out and complain about the lazy good for nothing lascivious welfare moms preventing me from buying a vacation home and nice speed boat."

VN Store

Back