Alvin Kamara Appreciation Thread (merged)

First of many. I told y'all he would be a SUPERSTAR.

Now get ready for the following guys to join him in the next few years:

QB Josh Dobbs
CB Cam Sutton
LB Daniel Bituli
LB Darrin Kirkland Jr.
S Nigel Warrior
RB John Kelly
OL Trey Smith

Cam Sutton and Darrin Kirkland Jr are talented but fragile. Move on, they don’t have the bodies to survive in the NFL.

Every time that AK steps on the field he makes Butch Jones look like a even bigger moron.

It's very obvious now that AK should have been the starter and Hurd used as his backup.

The problem with that was that Hurd would have screamed and cried and then left the Team.

Oh yeah...He did cry and quit on the Team, LOL!

CONGRATS to our RB from Tennessee making the ProBowl, way to go AK!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 2 people
any doubt what the first interview question is for Butch on any coaching job he applies for?

Never had so much joy watching a rare talent tear it up in NFL, always followed by thoughts of what should have been at UT.

QB Josh Dobbs
CB Cam Sutton
LB Daniel Bituli
LB Darrin Kirkland Jr.
S Nigel Warrior
RB John Kelly
OL Trey Smith

I see you were able to make a rare rookie accomplishment all about you before we even got to page 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
AK will be the 3rd member of the 1000/1000 club before his career is over, barring a major injury. He'll join Faulk and Roger Craig as the only running backs to have 1000 rushing and 1000 receiving yards in a season.

He is currently at...

652 rushing 7 TD's
684 receiving 5 TD's

So with 2 more games left it's possible that he could have 800/800 at the end of the year which is insane! He pretty much put up those stats in 12 games too because his first 3 games he barely got any snaps and he was out most of the game a couple of weeks ago with a concussion. If he plays the full 16 games next year I think he can get to the 1000/1000.

AK will be the 3rd member of the 1000/1000 club before his career is over, barring a major injury. He'll join Faulk and Roger Craig as the only running backs to have 1000 rushing and 1000 receiving yards in a season.

He is currently at...

652 rushing 7 TD's
684 receiving 5 TD's

So with 2 more games left it's possible that he could have 800/800 at the end of the year which is insane! He pretty much put up those stats in 12 games too because his first 3 games he barely got any snaps and he was out most of the game a couple of weeks ago with a concussion. If he plays the full 16 games next year I think he can get to the 1000/1000.

Not that what you say isn't true but we may have to fit Gurley into that conversation. He's already well over 1K rushing (1187) and only 54 yards behind AK in receiving.

Actually Bell, Gurley and Kamara are the only backs with any rushing yards worth mentioning that are also averaging over 40ypg receiving. The first two are averaging significantly more ypg rushing at this point though.

It's more fun watching VFLs in the NFL than any team. I would like to see more VFLs playing for the Titans.

Not that what you say isn't true but we may have to fit Gurley into that conversation. He's already well over 1K rushing (1187) and only 54 yards behind AK in receiving.

Actually Bell, Gurley and Kamara are the only backs with any rushing yards worth mentioning that are also averaging over 40ypg receiving. The first two are averaging significantly more ypg rushing at this point though.

Bell and David Johnson are probably the most likely candidates, both are excellent receivers.

Bell and David Johnson are probably the most likely candidates, both are excellent receivers.

I was only using stats for this year but yes, a healthy David Johnson would absolutely be in the mix. Last season he finished a mere 121 receiving yards short of a 1K/1K year.

Congrats and 'well done' to Kamara...hopefully he will have a long, successful career in the NFL!

QB Josh Dobbs
CB Cam Sutton
LB Daniel Bituli
LB Darrin Kirkland Jr.
S Nigel Warrior
RB John Kelly
OL Trey Smith

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-20-13-34-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-12-20-13-34-15.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 3

It can be both; the Pro Bowl is diluted now and All-Pro is much more meaningful, but our guys still deserve congratulations for making it in.

The narrative that Alabama players aren't good in the NFL is just asinine though. Julio, Ingram, Hightower, CJ Mosley, Reuben Foster, Kamara himself, even Kenyan Drake recently...the list goes on and on.

Reactions: 1 person
Stud running backs and running QBs are more exciting to me than stud WRs. Only must watch wide receiver for me is prime Randy Moss.

Since 2000, these are the most exciting NFL players IMO:

Michael Vick
Steve McNair
RG3 (in 2012)
Marshall Faulk
Adrian Peterson
Alvin Kamara
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens

For me, favorite highlight reels since about 2010:

Vick
Beckham