Alvin Kamara Appreciation Thread (merged)

Most times Kamara makes a big play, nearly everyone on the site laments how he was underutilized here.

Then he says it himself, after an incredibly leading question, and he's "ungrateful" and "me-first" and people are turning on him.

I don't get it.
We’ll he could have been a first round pick and made a lot more money in his first contract.

John Kelly could be just as good as Kamara was next season if he gets drafted by the right team.

I was the only one who said he would be a SUPERSTAR. I was the only one who said he was better than Fournette and Cook. I was the only one who said he was a future Hall of Famer.

The only one.

ME! ME! ME!

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
At this time last year I said Alvin was the next Marshall Faulk and got similar responses. Now y'all are saying he's the next Marshall Faulk as well.

Just wait on it. The Jerry Rice comparisons will come for Corey Davis like the Marshall Faulk comparisons came for Alvin Kamara.

Corey Davis = the next Jerry Rice
Alvin Kamara = the next Marshall Faulk
Myles Garrett = the next Bruce Smith
Josh Dobbs = the next Randall Cunningham
Cam Sutton = the next Eric Allen

Those are the player comps from the 2017 draft I feel most comfortable about.

You keep on using the Kamara hit to cover all of your misses. Laughable.

Reactions: 1 person
And yet he has only played one season. You're an idiot who thinks he's big s***. There were plenty of people saying he was going to do well. They just didn't say he would be a HOFer because they know the NFL is brutal.

Your hit-or-miss tactics are elementary.

Nice! So it is ok to call D4H names since he is universally disliked (even though the forum riules state otherwise)? Asking for a friend. :eek:lol:

Is Hurd a waste of down?

Dunno why but I saw it when no one else did:

Good 4 U... you are now an official member of the Dobbs 4 Heisman self-love-fan-club. I'd pat you on the back, but your hand's in the way.

I know things ended badly with Hurd, and I know there turned out to be a bit of an attitude issue, but I watched that dude run for 2 1/2 years and he was a stud. At 6'3" and 240#, the tackler was as likely to get punished as he was.

You keep on using the Kamara hit to cover all of your misses. Laughable.

Alvin's a RB. Its natural for him to be my first hit because running back is the easiest position to transition from college to the NFL. QB, WR, DE, and CB all take longer.

Just wait. Josh Dobbs, Corey Davis, Myles Garrett, and Cam Sutton will follow suit very soon. All 4 are as talented as Alvin. They just play positions that require a little more development in the pros.

When they hit their prime, you're looking at guys who will be the best at their positions. Josh Dobbs will be the best QB in the NFL. Corey Davis will be the best WR in the NFL. And Myles Garrett will be the best DE in the NFL. Cam Sutton will be among the top 3 CBs. And Alvin Kamara will be a top 2 RB in the NFL.

No you're an idiot because you not only called him a HOFer (which I hope he does get) but literally almost every Vol. That's so interesting that the Vols have so many HOFer.

Also, Alvin is in the perfect place for him to show off his talent. I was right in my prediction that they would use him like a Sprouse. Omg I'm a genius. Wow you didn't even predict that. Omg I'm so smart. I don't think he would have been more impressive than Fournette at JAX.

That is a straight up lie. I said only Dobbs, Kamara, and Sutton would be HOFers. I famously was one of the few people around here who didn't buy the hype on Derek Barnett being an elite NFL player. I was constantly arguing with people on here who thought he would dominate the NFL while I said he would only be a solid starter.

And I've also said that moving forward its highly unlikely we ever see the talent we saw on those 2015-16 Tennessee teams. That was generational talent right there that will never be seen again. So you're wrong about me just hyping up every Vol. I've been very selective in only hyping up Dobbs, Kamara, and Sutton as being ALL-TIME NFL GREATS.

Alvin's a RB. Its natural for him to be my first hit because running back is the easiest position to transition from college to the NFL. QB, WR, DE, and CB all take longer.

Just wait. Josh Dobbs, Corey Davis, Myles Garrett, and Cam Sutton will follow suit very soon. All 4 are as talented as Alvin. They just play positions that require a little more development in the pros.

When they hit their prime, you're looking at guys who will be the best at their positions. Josh Dobbs will be the best QB in the NFL. Corey Davis will be the best WR in the NFL. And Myles Garrett will be the best DE in the NFL. Cam Sutton will be among the top 3 CBs. And Alvin Kamara will be a top 2 RB in the NFL.

Should we list all the predictions that went bad. You are running a 10% clip. If you were a GM, you'd be canned.

Should we list all the predictions that went bad. You are running a 10% clip. If you were a GM, you'd be canned.

I've only had one draft class as a GM. And since I would have drafted Alvin Kamara and JuJu Smith-Schuster (two guys I was high on more than anyone else), I'm sure they would be giving me a raise more than anything else.

I had Alvin Kamara rated as the 6th best player in the entire draft. He went 67th overall. I also had JuJu Smith-Schuster rated as the second best WR in the draft and 1st round pick but he ended up going in the late 2nd round. I would have jumped all over them as value picks and been GM of the year.

If I was running an NFL team in 2017, here are the players I would have picked:

1st round - WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (Steelers 2nd round pick)
2nd round - RB Alvin Kamara (Saints 3rd round pick)
3rd round - CB Cameron Sutton (Steelers 3rd round pick)
4th round - QB Joshua Dobbs (Steelers 4th round pick)
5th round - S Xavier Woods (Cowboys 5th round pick)
6th round - LB Dylan Cole (Texans Undrafted Free Agent)
7th round - RB Matt Breida (49ers Undrafted Free Agent)

These were all players I had rated higher than the round they were selected. In particular the last 2 picks were undrafted free agents I had rated very highly. Both guys not only made their teams but performed very well on the season getting significant playing time in the base offense and defense. I also had the Offensive Rookie of the Year rated much higher than anybody else as well as JuJu Smith-Schuster who was the top rookie receiver. 6 of my 7 picks played this year with the only one that didn't play being Josh Dobbs who was a QB playing behind a Hall of Famer.

I would stack my draft board up against any NFL GM. I'm sure my 7 picks here would be better than them all.

Also I would have traded down from the 1st round to get more picks since so many of my top prospects like Kamara and Smith-Schuster ended up going much later than I had them rated. So I would have gotten extra picks in the 2nd-4th round to get more players I liked like:

- S Marcus Maye (Jets 2nd round pick)
- S Marcus Williams (Saints 2nd round pick)
- WR Kenny Golladay (Lions 3rd round pick)
- S Eddie Jackson (Bears 4th round pick)

All 4 players made an impact as rookies and look like studs going forward. I had them all rated as 1st round picks so you know if I was a GM I would have jumped all over them once they started falling in the draft.

My 2017 draft board is actually pretty sublime. If NFL teams had used my rankings instead of their own, they would have gotten so many steals in the 2nd-3rd round.

I was the only one who said he would be a SUPERSTAR. I was the only one who said he was better than Fournette and Cook. I was the only one who said he was a future Hall of Famer.

The only one.

Kamara had a fantastic season in a dynamic offense with a future Hall of Fame QB.

I am very happy to see him have success. Wasn't even a consideration that anyone else should have gotten the award in my mind.

Contorting to perform unsavory acts on yourself over supposedly predicting he would be better than two other RB's who dealt with injuries this season in lesser offenses is a bit silly however.

There is no place on this site for fairminded conversation. Every coach that gets fired at Tennessee people, here, must take every opportunity to hate them. I'm questioning why I'm even logged in on volnation. It's always groundhog day. I'm losing perspective.

Then log out and stay out, pretty simple resolution!

More like Butch Jones is no Sean Payton. Most of Alvin's passes are screens or short dump offs. Dobbs could easily do that as well. The issue was we didn't use Alvin enough in the pass game. Instead we had him standing on the sideline.

The under-utilization of Alvin Kamara is 100% on Butch Jones.

But yet you picked UT to go undefeated while they were here knowing Jones was the coach. Utter freaking brilliance.

Reactions: 2 people
Also I would have traded down from the 1st round to get more picks since so many of my top prospects like Kamara and Smith-Schuster ended up going much later than I had them rated. So I would have gotten extra picks in the 2nd-4th round to get more players I liked like:

- S Marcus Maye (Jets 2nd round pick)
- S Marcus Williams (Saints 2nd round pick)
- WR Kenny Golladay (Lions 3rd round pick)
- S Eddie Jackson (Bears 4th round pick)

All 4 players made an impact as rookies and look like studs going forward. I had them all rated as 1st round picks so you know if I was a GM I would have jumped all over them once they started falling in the draft.

My 2017 draft board is actually pretty sublime. If NFL teams had used my rankings instead of their own, they would have gotten so many steals in the 2nd-3rd round.

You've stone cold wiffed on 3 of the last 4 ROTY winners. Your prediction history has more death in it's wake than Michael Myers on Nov 1st. I mean, obviously it's entertaining to see you keep trying to transmogrify your outliers of looking right into a perception of predictive acumen but even the most cursory investigation of your history reveals your lack of any special talent.

Reactions: 2 people
You've stone cold wiffed on 3 of the last 4 ROTY winners. Your prediction history has more death in it's wake than Michael Myers on Nov 1st. I mean, obviously it's entertaining to see you keep trying to transmogrify your outliers of looking right into a perception of predictive acumen but even the most cursory investigation of your history reveals your lack of any special talent.

Rookie of the Year awards are not exactly perfect predictors of NFL success. Many busts have won them. And many of the best players in the league were never rookie of the year.

This is a marathon not a sprint.

Rookie of the Year awards are not exactly perfect predictors of NFL success. Many busts have won them. And many of the best players in the league were never rookie of the year.

This is a marathon not a sprint.

Thanks for once again highlighting, to comical extent, your unabashed hypocrisy.

That is a straight up lie. I said only Dobbs, Kamara, and Sutton would be HOFers. I famously was one of the few people around here who didn't buy the hype on Derek Barnett being an elite NFL player. I was constantly arguing with people on here who thought he would dominate the NFL while I said he would only be a solid starter.

And I've also said that moving forward its highly unlikely we ever see the talent we saw on those 2015-16 Tennessee teams. That was generational talent right there that will never be seen again. So you're wrong about me just hyping up every Vol. I've been very selective in only hyping up Dobbs, Kamara, and Sutton as being ALL-TIME NFL GREATS.

You must of just started watching football. There's no generational talent on those teams. And please, you may not have called them HOFers but almost all of your posts of the Vol rosters (if they have the prototypical bodies that you like) are either they have elite talent, future 1st rounder, or HOFer.

VN Store

Back