All things STOCKS

1 more.

While I'm not in it at the moment, OTRK is moving to the top of my watch list and I will be on the lookout for an entry point. I like this stock both on technicals and fundamentals (which admittedly is my weaker trait).

From a technical standpoint, it's sitting at firm support level with a large gap to fill back to the $55.60 area. But more importantly, it's found a nice channel in the $25-$40 range. In general, buying around $30 or below and selling around $35 seems to be a fairly safe play for a consistent 10-20 % gain.

Fundamentally, they have grown revenue at an average rate of 59% per year over the last 5 years and it's 2020 Q4 revenue was up nearly 150% yoy. The drop in price is likely due to a number reasons,. but it was highlighted by the fact that they lost their largest customer. But it's hard not to like them at this current price, imo.

Losing a major customer can take years for stock prices to recover from. Amazon ditched FedEx and Akamai before that. AKAM is just now seeming like it has put that behind them. They missed out on a lot of the cloud computing exuberance. FedEx would have had a more difficult time had they not had such a heavy mix of business over home delivery customers. UPS likely has it tougher if AMZN cuts them loose.

OTRK having the small market cap I would think keeps a solid base beneath the stock price as a potential take over target.

Reactions: Carp
Look at this (F-star) This stock is $7. I guess we'll see down the road who's right.
View attachment 374118

I'm guessing those analysts are anticipating good news on one of their clinical trials. Those PTs are certainly realistic with good news. The problem is it's almost entirely a guessing game there. That's the problem with Bio-techs. It's super hard to properly value most of them. That, and they love to drop offerings constantly.

Losing a major customer can take years for stock prices to recover from. Amazon ditched FedEx and Akamai before that. AKAM is just now seeming like it has put that behind them. They missed out on a lot of the cloud computing exuberance. FedEx would have had a more difficult time had they not had such a heavy mix of business over home delivery customers. UPS likely has it tougher if AMZN cuts them loose.

OTRK having the small market cap I would think keeps a solid base beneath the stock price as a potential take over target.

Oh no doubt. Just reading through their earnings reports and other articles on Finviz, it certainly doesn't seem inidicative of a company with a $70+ share price and a market cap over 1 billion (again I say that with my basic knowledge of fundamentals). The growth they have shown over the last 5 years is impressive though and I can dig this current price.

Hidenburg Research taking on DKNG now. Hope WSB takes them on sends Hidenburg to bankruptcy.

At what point do we buy more MOS? Now?

Not sure but this should help them:

E34z16VXMAE51dE

It seems that MOS likes to dip to this $33 range and then go back to $37. At least lately.

Caught ALK at the bottom today for 15 shares. Might add more during the week.

Also took a small position in ACET as a reversal play.

A little worried on $ACET. At a pretty critical point. Needs to hold $10.31 or so or it moves down to the $9.30 range. Would be nice to get a news release. With the low float this thing could rocket. All PTs I've seen have this as a $25-$30 stock, so I still hold out some hope. But I was planning on this being a 1-2 week swing, so we'll see. Not really looking to go long here.

Airlines look to be bouncing pretty well. Hopefully see $70+ on ALK before the end of next week. Most states are ending restrictions. TSA checkpoints hit a new pandemic high at 2.1 million. One of the largest travel weeks of the year is coming up. Plus ER season is starting and expectations are that numbers should be good across the board.

Last edited:
TSLA has pulled back 300 points from $900. Might be worth a trade. But it’s still 3x the 52 week low. And has a half trillion market cap and the 600x p/e.

Hey guys, I’m investment illiterate and here to learn. Go easy on me when I have questions. I hope to one day move from the kiddie table 🙂

Hey guys, I’m investment illiterate and here to learn. Go easy on me when I have questions. I hope to one day move from the kiddie table 🙂

Investopedia dot com and Yahoo Finance are both excellent resources to get oriented. Really nobody posting in here is an expert in EVERY area. But usually there are several posters that know a lot about any specific subject and some that know a ton about the business (but some of them don’t post often). I learn new things all the time.

Ask away. There are no dumb questions.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Investopedia dot com and Yahoo Finance are both excellent resources to get oriented. Really nobody posting in here is an expert in EVERY area. But usually there are several posters that know a lot about any specific subject and some that know a ton about the business (but some of them don’t post often). I learn new things all the time.

Ask away. There are no dumb questions.

And then there's people like me that you should do the opposite of what I'm telling you...

One tip I’ll give you is to not get greedy and try playing with options when you’re first starting out. It’s a good way to make a ton of money really quick, but you can lose it just as quick.

One tip I’ll give you is to not get greedy and try playing with options when you’re first starting out. It’s a good way to make a ton of money really quick, but you can lose it just as quick.
I agree with this one. I've burnt myself a few times trying to learn them so I left them a lone for awhile

I agree with this one. I've burnt myself a few times trying to learn them so I left them a lone for awhile

Buying puts or calls is a coin flip… not much different from Vegas or online gambling. I prefer leveraged ETFs since they theoretically won’t expire worthless.

But I do think I’m going to start selling covered calls. Maybe buy some long term puts in 6 or 9 months.

Pretty simple. Buy good companies. Stay away from penny stocks as Thunder suggested. Diversify. Boring perhaps but take the 7-13%returns and laugh all the way to the bank. When everbody else is on their app sweating daily, sit back and let it make money long term.

Open an account at Schwab/Ameritrade, Fidelity, or e*trade. They all have excellent 24/7 support and have had their platforms up and running for decades. They might all have the ability to set up practice trading accounts without using real money.

Interactive Brokers has great interest rates but their support probably isn’t as robust. They cater to more experienced traders.

RobinHood is new, maybe not so efficient with costs/fees, and the platform won’t be as reliable. They seem to promote penny stocks and high frequency trading. Both are bad practices.

Thanks for the info everyone!

I’m going to look into the links provided and learn these new terms.

I’m at the bottom of the pole so I’m just purchasing fractional shares and diversifying at the moment. We don’t have much to invest, but most beginnings are small. We hope to be consistent

This is all in good fun here.

Just so you were warned, just keep in mind here that I started working 35 years ago and if I put $1 in my 401k and invested in a low priced S&P500 mutual fund, that dollar today is $35. so 35X in 35 years. When you are accumulating, working, you should in my opinion make these basic decisions:
1. I will not spend all my money
2. I will take advantage of tax-advantaged retirement space like my 401k
3. The core of my assets will be low cost mutual funds that I intend to hang onto for a really long time
4. I will continue piling in the money especially when the market is "down" and times are bad. With a smile if possible.

That's what I think. For me this is play money what we talk about here.

I have two really interesting websites to suggest. The first is portfoliovisualizer.com; You can put in any mutual fund or stock and it'll graph it, and you can pick a mixture of funds and compare different strategies to rebalance. You can test basic asset classes of a very wide variety. You can even do market timing in there and see how that turns out. It will do a lot for free, and it'll do more if you pay.

The second is portfoliocharts.com; The guy who created it compares a lot of "famous" portfolios, all based on categories of assets, and he has invented various metrics to compare them. he's a good writer and has a lot of interesting perspectives. however, some of his metrics are hard to understand. Don't worry about it if it comes across as a dogs breakfast of charts. It's been interesting to me just to be able to go somewhere and see all these famous portfolios. He invented a couple that are on there. This website is adjustable. You can make his charts using your own portfolio. His dataset is basically 1971-now so it's not like 100 years of data.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back