Albany DE Jared Verse (transfer - FSU commit)

I’m not melting down but the longer this goes on the worse it seems like it is for us. He was initially very high on us and FSU. The longer it goes on, the more it makes me think he is considering multiple other teams on the same level as well. And we just lost Baron so I’m not too excited about our DL next year. Need to hope that the guys still on the roster can step up.

No I wouldn’t qualify Baron as a stud. You hit the nail in the head though. You said “if you get someone comparable.” There is no guarantee of that. What if we don’t? If we miss on Verse, is there a guarantee that there is a guy better than Baron out there?
Once again, do they have to be BETTER? There are no guarantees as you’ve illustrated, but the bar isn’t as high as you’re intimating. This Verse or bust mentality is also faulty. Derric Evans was a generational signee who never played a down of college football…Dale Carter was right there.

Once again, do they have to be BETTER? There are no guarantees as you’ve illustrated, but the bar isn’t as high as you’re intimating. This Verse or bust mentality is also faulty. Derric Evans was a generational signee who never played a down of college football…Dale Carter was right there.
Uhh yes… we need BETTER players. Turn on the Purdue tape…

All I am saying is Baron could have been good for some depth. Disagree if you want. I think Baron was a big loss. You don’t. Hopefully you are right.

Reactions: 67Vol
Since yesterday morning

I done got my oil changed in Nashville

Drove to Virginia

Threw my best friend down the steps because he was so dang drunk

Slept

Ate five guys

Consoled my girlfriend after her dad was mean to her

And now I'm drunk again talking talking to an 88 year old millionaire

And this mfer still ain't committed!

All I am saying is Baron could have been good for some depth. Disagree if you want. I think Baron was a big loss. You don’t. Hopefully you are right.
So another body with similar talent level would be DEPTH? Losing him without replacing him is BIG…otherwise nyet. I don’t remember so this is a valid question, did you have similar palpitations over Middleton and Emerson?

Verse has become the bar for us having a great defense next year. lol This staff did a good job last year in the portal, let's see how we finish before we all freak out.

Since yesterday morning

Drove to Virginia

Slept

Ate five guys

Dang dude. No remorse over the five guys yins ate?

Verse has become the bar for us having a great defense next year. lol This staff did a good job last year in the portal, let's see how we finish before we all freak out.
And off the cliff if errything isn’t set in stone by February! Lot of moves to be made after Spring as many players find out what the hell they’re dealing with in new coaching staffs…set up the dominos!

So another body with similar talent level would be DEPTH? Losing him without replacing him is BIG…otherwise nyet. I don’t remember so this is a valid question, did you have similar palpitations over Middleton and Emerson?
I don’t think the staff feels the situation is as dire as the fans do either.

Since yesterday morning

Drove to Virginia

Slept

Ate five guys

Is your best friend one of the five guys who happen to be your girlfriend’s 88 year old millionaire dad?

VN Store

Back