Albany DE Jared Verse (transfer - FSU commit)

Completely agree. But you got people thinking that losing Baron is no big deal. It seems that some think the portal is just full of studs that we can just pick from and they are just come here and everything will be fine.

But what happened if we miss on Verse? Then we find someone else and miss on them? Then what?
we gon be playin' some skinny dudes

Geez Verse….make a decision dude. This forum can’t handle this emotional rollercoaster
giphy.gif

Well...push it out past Monday night and we're golden.

This extension feels good for us. I think we held him off committing yesterday. Jmo

Orrr....that FSU poster saying he/she spoke with a parent was legit and other/new schools are making a serious push.

Okay, maybe not. But, something definitely isn’t right. No way he takes this long if it’s actually just down to TN and FSU.

That is what others surmised. He's had plenty of time to consider us both. He also mentioned previously he wanted to play for a championship. I almost wonder if the winds aren't changing away from both of us at this point. He's seen all he needs to choose either of us. He's also a top-10 transfer and down to us and FSU? A little weird.

That is what others surmised. He's had plenty of time to consider us both. He also mentioned previously he wanted to play for a championship. I almost wonder if the winds aren't changing away from both of us at this point. He's seen all he needs to choose either of us. He's also a top-10 transfer and down to us and FSU? A little weird.

It would be weird to choose a school that he did not take an official visit to but we’re in weird, uncharted waters these days so who knows.

If you asked me if I would take FSU/TN vs The Field, I’d probably say The Field at this point. I just don’t see how it’s us if his mind still isn’t made up at this point. Sounds like someone got to him late and that he is trending that direction.

Reactions: onevol74
Completely agree. But you got people thinking that losing Baron is no big deal. It seems that some think the portal is just full of studs that we can just pick from and they are just come here and everything will be fine.

But what happened if we miss on Verse? Then we find someone else and miss on them? Then what?

Come on in for a hug….. Volbeast has got this….. it will be ok.

Pretty entertaining to view the meltdown here regarding this alleged commitment.

Who started this rumor again?

Would you qualify BARON as one of those so called studs in the portal? I don’t. If you net someone comparable there’s no net loss.

No I wouldn’t qualify Baron as a stud. You hit the nail in the head though. You said “if you get someone comparable.” There is no guarantee of that. What if we don’t? If we miss on Verse, is there a guarantee that there is a guy better than Baron out there?

I don’t like losing Baron and not knowing about Verse. It doesn’t seem like it’s the ideal situation, but there is a positive example that we have all witnessed from our own coaches. They took some transfers, who had had average to below average careers prior to playing this season, and turned them into potential NFL guys. Now, we know that there is over 1,000 guys in the portal, so I try to think they can do it again. That’s my hope.

I hope we can as well. I just think Baron would have helped with depth if nothing else. Was he a really good player? No. But could he have added some decent quality depth? Especially with another year in Banks system? I believe he could have. Hopefully the portal is good to us.

VN Store

Back