‘23 AL OT Stanton Ramil (Michigan St. commit)

This one will sting if we lose him. Still, overall, not real concerning, as this is a very good class that could still grow into a great class. And, it still almost five months to signing day, though I am betting we see fewer and fewer flips. NIL dollars makes a difference there, especially if contracts have been signed with various collectives.

Would really like to see the structure of NIL contracts. Not sure how restrictive the language is on the players. I have wondered if some collectives are holding back their money till pretty late in the process to be able to strategically fill holes in the class as the slots get low and the alternates are less attractive. Simply do not have a clue. Has anybody been close enough to some to share structural concepts, not details?

Last edited:
Reactions: drvenner
AP has been awful lately. Said we lead on Thursday night and now Michigan state does. 9.99 though
To be fair most ppl were hearing the same thing on this. Heard it was us and Mich State, I guess I stupidly assumed we would win that due to distance, NIL, and being an SEC program. Mich State has been pushing harder longer for him.

Kid is from Bama. They do not grow them to be very smart in that state.
Crapping on these kids sure will have an impact on future recruits. If I were an opposing recruiter I would pull posts off Volnation to show the character of this fan base.

We need 2 more OL in this class. Hopefully we pull Ramil or Simmons flips. Not sure who else is on the board, but certainly more names will show up as HS football gets started.

Reactions: Imallvol
People need to consider that our recruiting took a dip when the NCAA situation came back up again. With 18 major violations other recruiters are tearing us a new one on the recruiting trail. Kids are hesitant about Tennessee with potential major sanctions possible in the near future. Has very little to do with Spyre, Heupel, or anything else. Until this thing is settled Heupel is fighting with both hands tied behind his back.

People need to consider that our recruiting took a dip when the NCAA situation came back up again. With 18 major violations other recruiters are tearing us a new one on the recruiting trail. Kids are hesitant about Tennessee with potential major sanctions possible in the near future. Has very little to do with Spyre, Heupel, or anything else. Until this thing is settled Heupel is fighting with both hands tied behind his back.

Good news is all that will be resolved and announced probably Oct/Nov so can’t use that as class closes.

Reactions: onevol74
If we win 9 plus games this year and put another 4-5 dudes in the NFL (which is very likely) our recruiting will be just fine. Heupel and Co. have still not lost a player this cycle to a school that they shouldn't have. When we start losing guys to Kentucky and South Carolina I'll get worried.

I honestly cant recall a time he's missed.

Maybe the OSU WR.
Right. I mean, no one doing what AP does is perfect but recruiting is so fluid, so many things going on behind the scenes - parents, NIL, girlfriends, etc. it’s a wild roller coaster this recruiting thing we follow.

When a school leads for a recruit but then things change and he picks another school it’s silly to blame a writer/reporter/analyst/whatever they’re called because your favorite team lost that battle.

I’ve been following this a long time and have subs to VQ, 247, read other teams boards, etc and I can tell you with 100% certainty we’re very lucky to have Hubbs and AP covering UT compared to some of the jokers covering other teams.

Right. I mean, no one doing what AP does is perfect but recruiting is so fluid, so many things going on behind the scenes - parents, NIL, girlfriends, etc. it’s a wild roller coaster this recruiting thing we follow.

When a school leads for a recruit but then things change and he picks another school it’s silly to blame a writer/reporter/analyst/whatever they’re called because your favorite team lost that battle.

I’ve been following this a long time and have subs to VQ, 247, read other teams boards, etc and I can tell you with 100% certainty we’re very lucky to have Hubbs and AP covering UT compared to some of the jokers covering other teams.
Auburn, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Florida come to mind.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

Preach!

Crapping on these kids sure will have an impact on future recruits. If I were an opposing recruiter I would pull posts off Volnation to show the character of this fan base.
yeah, that is really what will turn it, most will see it as a joke about Bama which is still a hated rival.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
From time to time posts from other boards are shared on here. In addition to the horrible quality, they’re packed with their own brand of mensas. We good.

Reactions: Orange.

VN Store

Back