‘23 AL OT Stanton Ramil (Michigan St. commit)

We need 2 more OL in this class. Hopefully we pull Ramil or Simmons flips. Not sure who else is on the board, but certainly more names will show up as HS football gets started.
Pulling on flipping folks is not very good odds. Yes they happen but not often. With NIL I expect you will see less flips once commited. Now they may be leave after a year or 2 but I don’t expect many flips with high ranked guys once they commit. I started getting worried when Ramil seemed to keep pushing things deeper into July. Just seemed like he was torn on Tenn and Mich St. I thought we would win on distance and being in the SEC. I guess with Michigan St he is banking on very early playing time. I like AP all right and think he does a good job and can’t be expected to be right all the time. But this year when he says he likes where we sit for a long time it hasn’t been a good thing. Maybe change up the lingo for a little Mojo!!!!😆GBO!

Yes that’s definitely used as a negative in the recruiting process. Not many high profile teams use tempo as their ENTIRE base offense. But to me it isn’t a negative
But the FACT is Heupel’s offenses are very balanced. The run is very big in Heupel’s offense as well. Heupel’s offense is designed to attack the weakness wherever it is. To get mismatches. Whether it is numbers at LOS or outside, Heupel don’t care if it’s run or pass. Sometimes his offense is big passing numbers, sometimes big rushing numbers and sometimes balanced numbers. GBO!

We have a limited route tree for wrs….. QBs don’t have to read the field…. Rbs are not utilized like they will be at the next level…. Those are legit complaints about this offense…. I still think it will be successful in both recruiting and winning.
Could the limited route tree thing be because it was their first year introducing the new system and the three or four routes they knew really well were working really well?

Wait, kid is org from NY?? I request to withdraw my freakout earlier! Kid isnt from Bammer.

Hold the presses.

Was just going to make this point. He’s from NY which is Big 10 country yo the extent they follow CFB, and he moved to Alabama to play football when Covid shut things down up there. Not to mention that Mich. St. had a great year last year with a coach that signed a huge long contract.

We have a limited route tree for wrs….. QBs don’t have to read the field…. Rbs are not utilized like they will be at the next level…. Those are legit complaints about this offense…. I still think it will be successful in both recruiting and winning.
IMO the scheme is perfect for college ball as long as you have depth on defense. Wonder if we will ever see a very high tempo NFL team? Is that even possible?

Reactions: Imallvol
June Jones ran it with the Falcons.
He ran the run and shoot but not a particularly fast offense…. The 1990’s Bills are the only team to use a no-huddle offense as their main offensive set but they weren’t a fast paced team like ours.

Reactions: VolNash17
Could the limited route tree thing be because it was their first year introducing the new system and the three or four routes they knew really well were working really well?
It’s a complaint on how the offense is ran…. Not his season at Tennessee.

Don’t care what the pumpers say. Lol. What an ignorant statement. I guess you are like Weezer, Jackrevol and some others. You all just don’t seem to understand the simple things about recruiting.
Go on and tell us how great Florida, Georgia, and Bama are again. You seem to love to sing their praises.

They probably say the same about Tennessee.
Michigan State is the Tennessee of the Big 10. Just like we're currently stuck behind Bama and Georgia, they're stuck behind Ohio State and Michigan. But the SEC is definitely the stronger conference, so we got that going for us.

Michigan State is the Tennessee of the Big 10. Just like we're currently stuck behind Bama and Georgia, they're stuck behind Ohio State and Michigan. But the SEC is definitely the stronger conference, so we got that going for us.

Their average class ranking the last 4 years is 38th. State is a scrappy team for their talent level, and they hit a home run in the transfer portal last year, but they will never win a national championship. Ever. Tennessee has been run by incompetent clowns who hired incompetent coaches. That’s why we’ve sucked. Not for lack of talent.

VN Store

Back