‘23 AL OT Stanton Ramil (Michigan St. commit)

Recruiting is the life blood of every program. In order to be good, you have to recruit good. That's just a fact.

Losing this kid to Michigan State would be alarming IMO. And that's what it is, my opinion. You know, those things you express on a message board.

I'm curious where our recruiting goes from here as it seems we're not being favored for anyone anymore. And that's not me saying that, that's what is being said on the pay boards. Matthews, Gibson, and now Ramil are being projected to go elsewhere. Hopefully the pay board pundits are wrong. We'll see. But until new targets emerge, if they emerge, my opinion is still that I'm getting concerned with recruiting. There's still a lot of needs to be addressed.

All the media guys say we have a topnotch NIL collective in Spyre. So, theoretically, we should still be able to finish strong in recruiting. But the question becomes, what if we don't? What would that mean? Before anyone flies off the handle with assumptions, I'm not saying "fire Heupel". But some staff changes might need to be made if we can't close on these kids. Some recruiting philosophies might need to change for Heupel and DW. You can't pretend that recruiting isn't important. I'm not expecting a class of all 5*'s, but we need to have a good class that fills our needs and builds our depth.
We have 19 commits w/ a 90.26 average ranking on 247 and it’s not even Senior year in high school for the incoming class… our recruiting is exponentially better from last year at this point and we only had 7 wins… if we can get 9-10 wins this coming year it will just get better and easier to win these recruiting battles. No need to freak out

Recruiting is the life blood of every program. In order to be good, you have to recruit good. That's just a fact.

Losing this kid to Michigan State would be alarming IMO. And that's what it is, my opinion. You know, those things you express on a message board.

I'm curious where our recruiting goes from here as it seems we're not being favored for anyone anymore. And that's not me saying that, that's what is being said on the pay boards. Matthews, Gibson, and now Ramil are being projected to go elsewhere. Hopefully the pay board pundits are wrong. We'll see. But until new targets emerge, if they emerge, my opinion is still that I'm getting concerned with recruiting. There's still a lot of needs to be addressed.

All the media guys say we have a topnotch NIL collective in Spyre. So, theoretically, we should still be able to finish strong in recruiting. But the question becomes, what if we don't? What would that mean? Before anyone flies off the handle with assumptions, I'm not saying "fire Heupel". But some staff changes might need to be made if we can't close on these kids. Some recruiting philosophies might need to change for Heupel and DW. You can't pretend that recruiting isn't important. I'm not expecting a class of all 5*'s, but we need to have a good class that fills our needs and builds our depth.
sort of agree with this

I'm trying to keep my heart open. I don't want to hate that meatchicken state dog. 😂 The rest of them, no problem!

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
You would think after the last 15 years that we would not live and die with each recruit. You would think we would understand by now that a recruiting win does not guarantee the success we crave (see the early Butch classes).

Enjoy the ride.

That is bold. To say you will self-castrate if this guy picks Michigan State??? You must feel really confident. You heard it here first, people. @peaygolf says he will sacrifice his manhood if Ramil doesn't pick Tennessee. That's a true Vol for you.
Haha
Recruiting isn’t “fluid” anymore, it’s a “gaseous vapor”

You would think after the last 15 years that we would not live and die with each recruit. You would think we would understand by now that a recruiting win does not guarantee the success we crave (see the early Butch classes).

Enjoy the ride.
we will be fine, yes. could have been a great class, missed some big ones.

also won some. gotta finish strong. dont see any commits in forseeable future, gotta change that.

I said it all last season Ellarbee has looked the least impressive of all the position coaches. No improvement throughout the season. Doesn’t look like he is a great recruiter either.

FYI - word is Simmons chose FSU for their offensive line coach.
That is something to ruminate on...

I said it all last season Ellarbee has looked the least impressive of all the position coaches. No improvement throughout the season. Doesn’t look like he is a great recruiter either.

FYI - word is Simmons chose FSU for their offensive line coach.
I actually thought he was doing a decent job on trail.

Not sure why we hvent landed more. Anyway, we got work to do.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back