A Theory about JG

They played JG most of the year. He took the job back after leaving an opening due to average play. BM got his shot. JG was better than what they saw and took the job back.

By "average play" do you mean getting concussed and nearly breaking his neck?

He was horrible against UF. "Better" than a true Fr who had never been on the field with an SEC opponent... do tell.

Yes he did and stank it up... badly.

No he wasn't. He was ineffective and his errors were what allowed the game to get out of hand.

Your blind hatred... leads you to lie. We get that already. Try something new.
Jg was better vs UF. Everything else is irrelevant. ]

UGA was something called garbage time. You know the time when the game is already over and you are basically running the clock out due to BM qb'ing us to a blowout loss before JG came in. The one pass during actual real gameplay JG threw was great. But yea he had an end of the game drive that wasn't successful when the game was already over and down a million.

Bama JG was better. Moved the ball better. Didn't throw interceptions. You can maybe call that one a tie if I'm being generous.

You are wrong like every other qb debate ever here. Maybe you need to try something new.

By "average play" do you mean getting concussed and nearly breaking his neck?

Maybe I'm wrong but I recall another start post injury and JG had to save our azzes due to Bm and his usual inaccuracy and lack of ball control. Then JG took the job back and lead us to all of our wins.

Jg was better vs UF. Everything else is irrelevant. ]

UGA was something called garbage time. You know the time when the game is already over and you are basically running the clock out due to BM qb'ing us to a blowout loss before JG came in. The one pass during actual real gameplay JG threw was great. But yea he had an end of the game drive that wasn't successful when the game was already over and down a million.

Bama JG was better. Moved the ball better. Didn't throw interceptions. You can maybe call that one a tie if I'm being generous.

You are wrong like every other qb debate ever here. Maybe you need to try something new.
During the FLA game. Which scoring drive. Do you feel was JGs best led drive???

Reactions: MemphisVol77
They played JG most of the year. He took the job back after leaving an opening due to average play. BM got his shot. JG was better than what they saw and took the job back.
I assume by “average play” you mean injury. And that logic doesn’t explain why they attempted to go back to Maurer once he was clear to play vs KY. But you’re going around the question. Do they look at stats or film to evaluate a qb? Simple question. If you can’t answer honestly then you’re about as bright as a burnt out flashlight.

Maybe I'm wrong but I recall another start post injury and JG had to save our azzes due to Bm and his usual inaccuracy and lack of ball control. Then JG took the job back and lead us to all of our wins.
You Mean KY where he had no near ints and heating up after a sluggish start after no playing time for nearly a month? The same game that the defense gave up a 10+ drive to start the game and ended in 7? The same game that we ended up down 13-0 before barley touching the ball due to a blocked punt? Are you talking about the game that he only had the ball for a grand total of 8 min? That game?

I thought I would take a step back and try and figure out a theory as to why JG can't seem to release a pass on time, why he tends to hold the ball a half-second too long. And I think it might be Pavlovian.

Think about it, the first two seasons he played, he often got NAILED just as he would release the ball. No one denies he took some savage hits in 2017 and 2018. Heck, even those of us who don't want him to start see clearly just how tough the kid is, and that he clearly wants to win.

That said, if he got accustomed to taking a hit once he released, maybe his cerebellum is forcing him to hold the ball to avoid the response it expects, and it takes a 1/4 or 1/2 second for his cerebrum to override this base instinct.

If that is part of the issue, I wonder how in the heck you coach that out of someone?

For that matter, a lot of us question his decision making after the snap. Maybe he goes into survival mode (more than most QBs) because of those hits. So his decisions are less reason and more survival.

Anyway, just a theory. I'm bored. Figured I'd open this up for discussion.

He has taken a lot of hits, a lot by the Oline and also a lot because he holds the ball too long. JG has all the potential and tools to be a great college and NFL QB. His biggest issue, which tends to be brought up by most commentators when calling our games, is he slow decision making. Instead of throwing the ball where the call is designed for, he tends to wait till the recievers get open and tends to be late on a lot of his throws. You watch most successful QB's the ball is already of the QB's hand before the Receiver's are making their break. But JG waiting on the Receiver's to break open he is late on passes and also is taking the hits and sacks because of it. I'm hoping with this being his 2nd year finally with the same OC, that it all finally clicks and comes together for him. With our inexperience at WR, we need him more than ever to correct that issue. If he fixes that this year, then not only will our Vols have a very good season but he finally becomes the QB we all have expected for the last 4 yrs. That also puts him on the NFL map. If he has those issues again this year and if Bailey or another QB balls out then he may spend lots of his SR year on the bench. Hopefully things click for JG and our young QB's get time to learn and develop without getting thrown to the wolves. As we've seen FR QB's are starting more than ever and coming in ready to play and I can see Harrison being one of those too if called upon.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
You Mean KY where he had no near ints and heating up after a sluggish start after no playing time for nearly a month? The same game that the defense gave up a 10+ drive to start the game and ended in 7? The same game that we ended up down 13-0 before barley touching the ball due to a blocked punt? Are you talking about the game that he only had the ball for a grand total of 8 min? That game?
He's talking about that same game. BM did nothing in his 8 minutes vs Ky, JG shredded them his 1st 8 minutes of playing time that game.

Not sure why we are so focused on bums when HB is literally gracing Rocky Top with his pocket presents as we speak.

Reactions: jakez4ut
He's talking about that same game. BM did nothing in his 8 minutes vs Ky, JG shredded them his 1st 8 minutes of playing time that game.
🤔. I seem to remember him having us inside the red zone before a stupid personal foul by Trey Smith on a second down making it 2nd and 20. Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he nearly still get the first down on a 17 yard run? Did that not end in the first points of the game?

You keep saying BM had nothing to do with any wins but how critical was the 3 points he lead us to in the bowl? Should I remind you it was a 1 point victory?

I assume by “average play” you mean injury. And that logic doesn’t explain why they attempted to go back to Maurer once he was clear to play vs KY. But you’re going around the question. Do they look at stats or film to evaluate a qb? Simple question. If you can’t answer honestly then you’re about as bright as a burnt out flashlight.
Maybe I wasn't clear. JG left an opening for BM to get a chance due to Jg's average play. When BM got his chance he wasn't as good. JG took the job back and lead the team.

I mean Kentucky when he was 43% passing and threw 16 passes. Stop acting like he didn't have a chance that game. He threw 16 passes and looked bad. They had a lower time of possession due to all the missed passes.

JG came in and was 7/8 passing with two tds and had a good rushing performance as well that game. Picked up a couple big firsts with his legs. Finished with 30 yards on 6 ypc. Much better just like the whole year. Then he took the job back.

You have a lot of excuses. lmao

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
🤔. I seem to remember him having us inside the red zone before a stupid personal foul by Trey Smith on a second down making it 2nd and 20. Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he nearly still get the first down on a 17 yard run? Did that not end in the first points of the game?
If we want to get into awarding credit for possessions lost to oline penalties then JG has been elite the last few years. We have had countless redzone trips of his ended due to line penalties.

You blame everyone but BM. He was garbage the Ky game and was outplayed by JG which was evident by everyone that watched the game.

Jg was better vs UF. Everything else is irrelevant.
Right. Because any FACT that undermines your cult delusions... is "irrelevant".

You... are once again a fundamentally dishonest person. JG played horribly. He stank it up against UGA's 2nd teamers playing a base D.

LOL... You are joking, right? The game was competitive when he took over. It ended a laugher. And again... the context is that we're comparing a TRUE FRESHMAN to a 4th YEAR JUNIOR.

You are dishonest and parse the "facts" to fit your false narratives... just like every other mention of JG here.

Maybe I wasn't clear. JG left an opening for BM to get a chance due to Jg's average play. When BM got his chance he wasn't as good. JG took the job back and lead the team.

I mean Kentucky when he was 43% passing and threw 16 passes. Stop acting like he didn't have a chance that game. He threw 16 passes and looked bad. They had a lower time of possession due to all the missed passes.

JG came in and was 7/8 passing with two tds and had a good rushing performance as well that game. Picked up a couple big firsts with his legs. Finished with 30 yards on 6 ypc. Much better just like the whole year. Then he took the job back.

You have a lot of excuses. lmao
I don’t have excuses. When JG plays well I say he played well. I combat haters of a kid that disregard fact to support an agenda. Had it been JTS that played like Maurer than everyone would call me a Shrout fan as well because the crap y’all post is completely false. JG took the job back by playing well vs UK. Not because BM dug a hole. That was the defense and there’s absolutely nothing you can say to change that FACT.

If we want to get into awarding credit for possessions lost to oline penalties then JG has been elite the last few years. We have had countless redzone trips of his ended due to line penalties.
The point is Pulaski said he contributed nothing.

You blame everyone but BM. He was garbage the Ky game and was outplayed by JG which was evident by everyone that watched the game.
Have you ever seen a post of mine denying that JG played better than BM vs UK? Until you find one with that claim you’re wasting your precious finger energy behind that keyboard.

If JG earned the starting job back. Why did Shrout start against SC????

That would seem to me that even after BM got hurt CJP still started someone else. Why JT didnt get a chance to finish is beyond me. But it was CJP call and it worked..

JG seems to have issue process a deeper field then 5-7 yards. Thats why he played well in Heltons offnese as opposed to Chaneys..He is a west coast style QB. IMO

No he didn't. Maurer got hurt and wasn't the same player after returning. It fell back in JG's lap.

It is very likely that they stick with Maurer if not for the injury. The fact that it is arguable (and it is) that a true Fr was as good or better than a RS Jr... should tell YOU all you need to know about your idol. That it doesn't.... is just a testimony to the ability of humans to delude themselves.

I don’t have excuses. When JG plays well I say he played well. I combat haters of a kid that disregard fact to support an agenda. Had it been JTS that played like Maurer than everyone would call me a Shrout fan as well because the crap y’all post is completely false. JG took the job back by playing well vs UK. Not because BM dug a hole. That was the defense and there’s absolutely nothing you can say to change that FACT.

7/16 passing was part of the hole. If he doesn't throw an incomplete pass of third there can be no block on fourth down. Second drive killed by two incompletions. He had five or six drives if you count the end of half drive.

The point is Pulaski said he contributed nothing.

He did. Just not much.

VN Store

Back