A Theory about JG

The stats say otherwise.
But the eyes say the stats are bs. In every game he was prepared for he was well above what the overall stats say he was. That’s why his haters completely avoid anything but overall stats for the season. The stats from UGA forward tell a complete different story.

But the eyes say the stats are bs. In every game he was prepared for he was well above what the overall stats say he was. That’s why his haters completely avoid anything but overall stats for the season. The stats from UGA forward tell a complete different story.
Yea they tell he was bad. After UGA he had a bunch of turnovers, bad accuracy, bad completion percentage, and no tds.

So he was above what the stats say? How? You are what the stats say. If you can't complete even 47% you are inaccurate. If you throw more than double the turnovers as tds you have problems with decision making.

He might have potential above what the stats say. He is currently is what the stats say.

JG is an interesting player. He has the physical talent. But the execution is just not there. I think it is a combination of lack of pre-snap reading of the defense and reading the field during the play. He seems slow on processing what he sees on the field. The really good QBs have an out-of-this-world ability to see the entire field even while focusing on a single receiver. Plus they can "read" the open receiver almost instantly. I know that a lot of that is experience, but I think JG should be showing more progress. Bailey could very well be the starter my mid-season and maybe by opening day.

Not against top 25 opponents....

top with this fake narrative.

UF JG was better.

UGA JG didn't really play. Bm was good for a quarter. Bad for almost three before leaving.

UA JG was better or about even.

BM was not good vs top 25 teams beyond one good quarter when he was 50% passing with a busted play td.

UF JG was better.

UGA JG didn't really play. Bm was good for a quarter. Bad for almost three before leaving.

BM was not good vs top 25 teams beyond one good quarter when he was 50% passing with a busted play td.
Espn stats vs top 25 say otherwise. You can use full season stats to praise JG.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Yea they tell he was bad. After UGA he had a bunch of turnovers, bad accuracy, bad completion percentage, and no tds.

So he was above what the stats say? How? You are what the stats say. If you can't complete even 47% you are inaccurate. If you throw more than double the turnovers as tds you have problems with decision making.

He might have potential above what the stats say. He is currently is what the stats say.
Bullsh** and you know it. Let’s revisit his ints. The 1st was vs UF. Bounced off of DWAs chest. The rest of the game he went 4/11 within JGs game plan. His second was vs the nations #3 team (and arguably the best defense) in the country in UGA. Palmer stumbles on a “go” causing an overthrow that lands in the safety’s arms only after already torching them for over 200 yds and 2 tds in a half. His 3rd and 4th we bad decisions vs MSU but one was literally 2 plays AFTER bouncing off his head causing a concussion. His 5th also hit JJ in the chest, in stride. Your problem is you see 5 ints and automatically assume 5 bad/inaccurate throws. Not the case at all. By my count he had 1 bad decision, 2 drops, a play he shouldn’t have been in for and an unfortunate circumstance. But here’s the kicker...... not ONE of his ints hit the defender in the chest like a few of JGs did. Keep trying to twist facts KTown. Stats last longer than memories so eventually people that actually watched the games will forget and agree.

Bullsh** and you know it. Let’s revisit his ints. The 1st was vs UF. Bounced off of DWAs chest. The rest of the game he went 4/11 within JGs game plan. His second was vs the nations #3 team (and arguably the best defense) in the country in UGA. Palmer stumbles on a “go” causing an overthrow that lands in the safety’s arms only after already torching them for over 200 yds and 2 tds in a half. His 3rd and 4th we bad decisions vs MSU but one was literally 2 plays AFTER bouncing off his head causing a concussion. His 5th also hit JJ in the chest, in stride. Your problem is you see 5 ints and automatically assume 5 bad/inaccurate throws. Not the case at all. By my count he had 1 bad decision, 2 drops, a play he shouldn’t have been in for and an unfortunate circumstance. But here’s the kicker...... not ONE of his ints hit the defender in the chest like a few of JGs did. Keep trying to twist facts KTown. Stats last longer than memories so eventually people that actually watched the games will forget and agree.
Lets not start with the JG gameplan BS. It is a deflection to explain away poor play.

If we want to play the if and shoulda coulda woulda game then JG would have like 4 ints on the year on way more passes than BM. We can also add some that the defense dropped. Like every pass BM threw in the bowl game.

BM was among the least accurate with one of the highest interceptible percentages in the SEC. That is just the truth. He has potential but was not good except for one 50% passing quarter with a freebie td gifted to him.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
That "playing well" at half speed in practice is not some be-all-end-all determination for who is going to play well on Saturday.

Your touting his practice warrior status as if it made any difference come Saturday; it did not.
no im not. you're just making ish up at this point.....

find a post where i touted what he did on saturdays lol.

Lets not start with the JG gameplan BS. It is a deflection to explain away poor play.

If we want to play the if and shoulda coulda woulda game then JG would have like 4 ints on the year on way more passes than BM. We can also add some that the defense dropped. Like every pass BM threw in the bowl game.

BM was among the least accurate with one of the highest interceptible percentages in the SEC. That is just the truth. He has potential but was not good except for one 50% passing quarter with a freebie td gifted to him.
Let me ask you something KTown. These coaches make millions every year to make the best decisions at every position. Do you think it’s as simple for them as just looking at stats to evaluate who their best qb is? Or do you think they evaluate film and disregard stats? By your arguments one would think you think it is that easy. Well it’s not. Every word of what you call excuses from me are FACTS that I guarantee they take into consideration. Ever wonder why they started Maurer over JG once was clear from injury? I don’t. He may have been rusty but that move alone should tell you all you need to know. Maurer passed JG despite stats. There’s a story that film tells you that stats don’t. Get over it.

As for the bowl game..... they are night/day qbs. It’s a legitimate argument that one can’t run the others game plans. It’s been proven. Idk where you think EVERY pass he threw should’ve been picked because the first one was an absolute strike. The following passes were put in a spot that made it a hard catch for a defender which is why the fell harmlessly to the ground. Even with those passes find one that hit the defender in the chest like several of JGs. I’ll wait. . . . .

i don't buy in to this either, at least not as a philosophy we employed thru out the season.

but...there were times during hte season where they clearly took the ball out of his hands....you can't really deny that. i think in the 2nd half of the miss st game he threw, what one pass?

it was a good one...but....yeah, they did take the ball out his hands a couple times.

i don't buy in to this either, at least not as a philosophy we employed thru out the season.

but...there were times during hte season where they clearly took the ball out of his hands....you can't really deny that. i think in the 2nd half of the miss st game he threw, what one pass?

it was a good one...but....yeah, they did take the ball out his hands a couple times.
JG went 6-7 with 100+ yards vs Mississippi State, I thought it was one of his best games considering he had been benched.

Reactions: k-town_king
JG went 6-7 with 100+ yards vs Mississippi State, I thought it was one of his best games considering he had been benched.
i don't think he threw it 7 times in the 2nd half did he?

edit: i stand corrected. that was the 2nd half. 7 passes. 6 completionis, and a TD.

You completely ignore that he can't finish a game and that in 4 starts BM did very little to help the Vols win a single game. You're 3rd string now so guess it doesn't matter anymore.

That "playing well" at half speed in practice is not some be-all-end-all determination for who is going to play well on Saturday.

Your touting his practice warrior status as if it made any difference come Saturday; it did not.
You act like JG didn't play a big role in winning 8 games this past year.

You completely ignore that he can't finish a game and that in 4 starts BM did very little to help the Vols win a single game. You're 3rd string now so guess it doesn't matter anymore.
Wasn’t it you claiming he was a 3rd stringer last season? Nuff said.

UF JG was better.
He was horrible against UF. "Better" than a true Fr who had never been on the field with an SEC opponent... do tell.

UGA JG didn't really play. .
Yes he did and stank it up... badly.

No he wasn't. He was ineffective and his errors were what allowed the game to get out of hand.

Your blind hatred... leads you to lie. We get that already. Try something new.

You completely ignore that he can't finish a game
You continue to play that BS all the while KNOWING that the types of injuries Maurer suffered can happen to anyone and are NOT linked to factors greatly controllable by the player. He got flipped on his head. Could have happened to JG or anyone else with largely the same results. Your continued harping on this is worse than ridiculous.

and that in 4 starts BM did very little to help the Vols win a single game.
Left the team with a lead vs MSU, right? Played clearly better than JG against the two best teams UT faced, right? It is his fault that UGA and Bama are better than UT? It is his fault that JG stunk it up and essentially handed the game away vs Bama?

You're 3rd string now so guess it doesn't matter anymore.
According to who? You? According to Pruitt, they're going to have a competition and 6 guys are going to get a legit shot.

So to put that in perspective... UT has a 5th year Sr QB with 3 years of starting experience... who will have an open competition for his job. And you want to throw crap at Maurer for playing like a freshman... as a freshman?

Let me ask you something KTown. These coaches make millions every year to make the best decisions at every position. Do you think it’s as simple for them as just looking at stats to evaluate who their best qb is? Or do you think they evaluate film and disregard stats? By your arguments one would think you think it is that easy. Well it’s not. Every word of what you call excuses from me are FACTS that I guarantee they take into consideration. Ever wonder why they started Maurer over JG once was clear from injury? I don’t. He may have been rusty but that move alone should tell you all you need to know. Maurer passed JG despite stats. There’s a story that film tells you that stats don’t. Get over it.

As for the bowl game..... they are night/day qbs. It’s a legitimate argument that one can’t run the others game plans. It’s been proven. Idk where you think EVERY pass he threw should’ve been picked because the first one was an absolute strike. The following passes were put in a spot that made it a hard catch for a defender which is why the fell harmlessly to the ground. Even with those passes find one that hit the defender in the chest like several of JGs. I’ll wait. . . . .
Don’t be the scared little boy you’ve always been @k-town_king , Answer the question.

They played JG most of the year. He took the job back after leaving an opening due to average play. BM got his shot. JG was better than what they saw and took the job back.

So 7/16 for 55 yards and a lost fumble is better then
5/7 for 62 yards and a rushing td and int

Florida JG has a worse AQBR. Because of 2 ints
And it was BM first real PT
JG moved the o better and no interceptions vs Bama.
Better vs Florida period. BM was 4/114 with an int.

VN Store

Back