A. I. - artificial intelligence

It has the potential to be both the best and worst technology in human history. It legitimately has the potential to solve every major human problem (disease, hunger, poverty, etc.), and also the potential to create new problems we can't yet imagine. It is neither inherently good nor bad, but it is happening whether we want it or not. Best make peace with it.
It is inherently evil...people will forget to think at all...about anything...I freakin hate it...I hate this world and I wish I was born 30 years sooner.

How is it inherently evil?
I'm not going to answer this question..you've seen just as many of the cautionary tales about AI and the effect that it will have on humanity.

What am I supposed to f'n do?...starve because a f'n computer can do my job? What about the other billions already living in poverty when there is even less work?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I'm not going to answer this question..you've seen just as many of the cautionary tales about AI and the effect that it will have on humanity.

What am I supposed to f'n do?...starve because a f'n computer can do my job? What about the other billions already living in poverty when there is even less work?

Adapt or die.

I've been keeping up with advancements in AI for a couple of years now. The technology will advance exponentially in the next few years. Life in a decade will be unfathomable... I don't think it will look anything like it does right now. Frightening, but also gives one such a sense of wonder and excitement.

Curiosity killed the cat

You'll become soylent green.

Reactions: hooter vol
I've been keeping up with advancements in AI for a couple of years now. The technology will advance exponentially in the next few years. Life in a decade will be unfathomable... ICa don't think it will look anything like it does right now. Frightening, but also gives one such a sense of wonder and excitement.

Curiosity killed the cat
Can be truly exciting. Now if that AI ends up taking a lot of jobs, do we have to come up with a whole new way that people get paid? No longer do you earn money through jobs? I'll be sending my robot out to work to earn my monies.

It wasn't a leading question, im not trying to hem you up. I was just seeking an answer because you have strong opinions.
I think your concerns are obviously valid, I just don't think that makes it evil necessarily. I think it makes it neutral and we have to figure out the best way to use it for good.

It is inherently evil...people will forget to think at all...about anything...I freakin hate it...I hate this world and I wish I was born 30 years sooner.

Come on. You're way too smart for that. It's a piece of software that mimics the brain, nothing more. It's no more evil than the apps that run on your cell phone, which you clearly use often.

Of course we become dependent on tech, just like you are when you drive people places every day. One hundred years ago, many of the people you drive to appointments would already be dead, because neither the medical tech nor cars to transport them existed. Is that tech evil because we are dependent on it? Yes, people and culture will change, just like they have been for all of human history.

Come on. You're way too smart for that. It's a piece of software that mimics the brain, nothing more. It's no more evil than the apps that run on your cell phone, which you clearly use often.

Of course we become dependent on tech, just like you are when you drive people places every day. One hundred years ago, many of the people you drive to appointments would already be dead, because neither the medical tech nor cars to transport them existed. Is that tech evil because we are dependent on it? Yes, people and culture will change, just like they have been for all of human history.
Yes..but I still hate it. I know I am an anachronism and I can not help it.

I hope I have what it takes to fight the good fight, keep the faith, and finish my course....I know my faults.

Reactions: SSVol

Another thing..you are a really smart guy, so I wonder if this thought has came to you also...I was watching vids about quantum computing a while back, and the geeks were all going on about how powerful theoretically that it could be..how it could literally store and process all knowledge of everything in the universe...and it struck me that I was listeniting to the ultimate hubris of man...these same guys that emphatically deny the existence of an omniscient creator that can know and process all information in the universe, can absolutely conceive of a man made machine that could...I thought that was very ironic.

Reactions: Wireless1 and SSVol
Another thing..you are a really smart guy, so I wonder if this thought has came to you also...I was watching vids about quantum computing a while back, and the geeks were all going on about how powerful theoretically that it could be..how it could literally store and process all knowledge of everything in the universe...and it struck me that I was listeniting to the ultimate hubris of man...these same guys that emphatically deny the existence of an omniscient creator that can know and process all information in the universe, can absolutely conceive of a man made machine that could...I thought that was very ironic.

I think that advanced AI, humankind's crowning achievement, will ultimately reveal things some humans may prefer not to know. Hubris and irony, indeed.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

That doesnt make it inherently evil. We CAN do inherently good with it, just as much as we CAN do inherently bad with it. It's up to us to determine how it turns out.

It's a tool like any other. We get it right and there is no reason we couldnt live in harmony and have every need taken care of. Will that happen? No. But that doesnt make it inherently evil.

As with everything else it will be some of both. Fighting it will end up with the worst possible result, like NIL. The NCAA didnt adapt, so when it happened it blew up in their face. They could have made incremental changes, stayed in front of it, and it never would have been a huge issue. Same issue with AI.

Find small scale solutions that can be applied by the general pu license. Dont fight it so much that it ends up solely in the hands of a corporation or government

I think some are missing the point. Some people are referring to AI as a tool, as in what will we do with it or we will make it evil or good. True AI, as when it reaches consciousness and self awareness, technically speaking will be a new and separate life form. Does that mean it should have the same rights as a person, or does that mean we own it in the same way a farmer owns a mule? And as our own history has taught us, life will rebel against oppression and will fight for it's survival.

I told y’all this is not something we should want. Creating something that can actually destroy us is crazy. Yet they are.

Why surprised? Humans are inherently self-destructive. History verifies it. Bring on the Terminators!

I think some are missing the point. Some people are referring to AI as a tool, as in what will we do with it or we will make it evil or good. True AI, as when it reaches consciousness and self awareness, technically speaking will be a new and separate life form. Does that mean it should have the same rights as a person, or does that mean we own it in the same way a farmer owns a mule? And as our own history has taught us, life will rebel against oppression and will fight for it's survival.
Your part about sentience is exactly what I was saying when calling it a tool. If we enslave true AI, that will be wrong, and lead to problems. We learn to work with true AI then there shouldnt be any moral implications or bad results.

Your part about sentience is exactly what I was saying when calling it a tool. If we enslave true AI, that will be wrong, and lead to problems. We learn to work with true AI then there shouldnt be any moral implications or bad results.

Superior intellect (technology) will always conquer the lesser party.

Troubled by the inapplicability of Artificial Intelligence for their platform, the DNC is feverishly funding research into Artificial Unintelligence. Researchers reportedly have machine learning algorithms watching all public appearances of AOC to try and make up ground quickly

VN Store

Back