A. I. - artificial intelligence

AI as it currently exists does have those problems/limitations. True AI would not have those limitations. Its like insurance, it looks at the data, whatever the data is. If the data comes across as some form of bigotry thats not necessarily because the data itself is wrong, factually or morally. or was manipulated. It just means there are trends within humanity. some are good trends, some are bad.
its always funny to me that people don't react negatively to positive stereotypes based on bigotry, even though they are also based on the same root problem as the negative stereotypes.

Thank you, but pardon my lack of faith in humans based on history and myriad experiences of both own and others.

Has anyone heard the Jay-Z AI song floating on the interwebs? Pretty incredible that AI can do that already.

At one point, creators and artists were thought to be immune from AI/robotics while unskilled labor were this most vulnerable. Now, it seems the reverse might be reality.

Has anyone heard the Jay-Z AI song floating on the interwebs? Pretty incredible that AI can do that already.

At one point, creators and artists were thought to be immune from AI/robotics while unskilled labor were this most vulnerable. Now, it seems the reverse might be reality.
not really. we are going to have to deal with the very uncomfortable fact that we are all readily replaceable. and it really doesn't take as much computing power as we hoped.

not really. we are going to have to deal with the very uncomfortable fact that we are all readily replaceable. and it really doesn't take as much computing power as we hoped.

Virtually everyone will be effected, yes, but not effected equally. Some will have their profession change while others will have their profession essentially eliminated.

Authenticity will gold. In the future, the most valuable company in the world will be whoever creates technology to accurately authenticate reality versus AI instantly.

Even office building window washers?

Virtually everyone will be effected, yes, but not effected equally. Some will have their profession change while others will have their profession essentially eliminated.

Authenticity will gold. In the future, the most valuable company in the world will be whoever creates technology to accurately authenticate reality versus AI instantly.

Disruptive tech always displaces workers but also creates new kinds of jobs. People are always afraid the next innovation won't work out that way.

My content writers will shift from a writing role to more of an editing role abd we'll be able to scale better. Chabot can write, but you better check everything it's claiming. I just had the newest version write a product line description of 300 words and it had some errors, including something that is easily verifiable. It had the available colors completely wrong.

Well, here is your feel good thought for the day. I can only imagine how AI will be used for nefarious govt overreach. It’s Hunger Games on steroids coming to a Used to Be Democratic Republic near you.

‘The Godfather of A.I.’ just quit Google and says he regrets his life’s work because it can be hard to stop ‘bad actors from using it for bad things’
Seeing what it does by making fake Joe Rogan podcasts, this stuff is incredibly scary. They’ll be able to frame anyone they want for anything.

I’ve been a software developer for 15 years now and never really thought about job security but that’s definitely an area for concern in the coming years. It’s amazing how easy it to use ChatGPT to build almost complete applications.

I’ve been a software developer for 15 years now and never really thought about job security but that’s definitely an area for concern in the coming years. It’s amazing how easy it to use ChatGPT to build almost complete applications.

I guess you saw the Biden request for liability in regards to security issues with software developers

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
This is a game-changer. We've been talking to database companies about cleaning up our data and matching it, etc. Some companies charge like $60k per year. Others will build us our own proprietary solution for like $125k. Sounds like we can just have one of our Filipino engineers handle this with part-time work now.

What i've found with Chatgpt is that it's pretty un-reliable for engineering applications. I've asked it some very specific engineering questions that I already knew the answer to just to see what it would say and it got many of them wrong.

The software generation capability seems to be the most valuable aspect of it right now.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Apocalypse Sally! This guy's channel is pretty good. He's pretty entertaining. This is a live premier on right now.

And so many idiots on here think this AI garbage is a good thing for humanity...outside of a few limited uses, it should be cast into the abyss post haste.

And so many idiots on here think this AI garbage is a good thing for humanity...outside of a few limited uses, it should be cast into the abyss post haste.
Good or not, it's simply an inevitability, barring authoritarian measures.

Capitalism will make it so. Capitalism always strives toward efficiency and greed. Now, how does one stop that? Government intervention? Serious question.

Not sure how you halt a massive undergoing from thousands of individuals working digitally on separate projects any more than we can stop all hackers.

Reactions: Vol737

Capitalism will make it so. Capitalism always strives toward efficiency and greed. Now, how does one stop that? Government intervention? Serious question. Not sure how you halt a massive undergoing from thousands of individuals working digitally on separate projects any more than we can stop all hackers.

Sooo...what good is efficiency if there is no one to buy your 💩 because no one has money because no one (or very very few) have jobs?

Capitalism will make it so. Capitalism always strives toward efficiency and greed. Now, how does one stop that? Government intervention? Serious question.

Not sure how you halt a massive undergoing from thousands of individuals working digitally on separate projects any more than we can stop all hackers.
And don't worry...the authoritarians are the ones who will use it to control or destroy your life.

VN Store

Back