8 Vols assistants reject UT pay cut to help with losses due to covid

Who says those coaches don't have charitable contribution commitments that do not allow them to consider a pay cut and meet those promises?

I hope they do have charitable contributions that are substantial. Based on where they live, what they make, and all the free things and bonuses that are given to them under the table they should absolutely be doing their fair share. I can only speak for myself, but I fulfilled all of my charitable contributions this year (15%+ of my family’s net) while still taking personal cuts at my company. And you know what, it’s amazing how God provides and how we’ve never done without. It all just comes down to the state of your heart and what your priorities are.

I hope they do have charitable contributions that are substantial. Based on where they live, what they make, and all the free things and bonuses that are given to them under the table they should absolutely be doing their fair share. I can only speak for myself, but I fulfilled all of my charitable contributions this year (15%+ of my family’s net) while still taking personal cuts at my company. And you know what, it’s amazing how God provides and how we’ve never done without. It all just comes down to the state of your heart and what your priorities are.
So, would it be fair for an assistant to accept a pay cut and have to lower their tithe to their church because of lower gross income? What if that impacted their church enough that they had to let go of a minister and a clerical staff member? This works both ways.

I’m not worried about it being valuable, I’m worried about you actually hearing it and realizing what it means in relation to your argument. But, yet again, you failed to soak it in.

Some people read Ayn Rand and find her work to be the banal, simplistic, narcissistic ramblings of an atheistic, chain smoking adulteress.

Some find her work to be straight from the mouth of god.

I think we know where SmokyRiver falls.

Pitiful.

I’m not worried about it being valuable, I’m worried about you actually hearing it and realizing what it means in relation to your argument. But, yet again, you failed to soak it in.
I didn't fail to soak it in, by any means. It is just drowned out by your self righteousness.

Reactions: MaTaLa
So, would it be fair for an assistant to accept a pay cut and have to lower their tithe to their church because of lower gross income? What if that impacted their church enough that they had to let go of a minister and a clerical staff member? This works both ways.

10% of a marginal cut won’t deplete the pockets of God. You are missing the faith element as well as ethical element. I can’t believe you don’t see how it was a poor and morally wrong move to not help out.

Some people read Ayn Rand and find her work to be the banal, simplistic, narcissistic ramblings of an atheistic, chain smoking adulteress.

Some find her work to be straight from the mouth of god.

I think we know where SmokyRiver falls.

Pitiful.

This thread has been equally disappointing and heart breaking. I thought better of our fanbase

Hit piece at the appropriate time to make some people pay attention. Coach Gomer isn't doing himself any favors. I never thought there was any way he'd be gone after this year but if the Vols get manhandled by Auburn, Florida, and A&M I think it's more likely than not that he's shown the door.

Reactions: davethevol
10% of a marginal cut won’t deplete the pockets of God. You are missing the faith element as well as ethical element. I can’t believe you don’t see how it was a poor and morally wrong move to not help out.
There is no moral failure in continuing to accept what was agreed to from a willing and able contractual partner. I am shocked that you fail to see that and cannot separate the moral aspect from feelings.

Reactions: whodeycin85
If they are trying to get coaches and staff to take pay cuts then why in the world would they give Gump an extension AND a raise after the fact that we were in a "pandemic"?

Fulmer must love southern accents

Reactions: SmokyRiverDog
Will Friend has been robbing the school for three years now and people have defended him to no end. Now, he tries to hold his employer to his contract obligations and everyone is out on him?

Pretty much most Americans have made sacrifices due to COVID. Folks have had reduced hours for instance, realizing in the end saves their job and the company they work for. To not agree to a temporary reduction in pay is very telling and has me lose respect for folks on this list.

Pruitt sucks but do you honestly think he doesn’t give a damn if the team is good or not? Someone without any commitment and accountability wouldn’t survive with Nick Saban. And yes the people that signed those contracts are the ones putting a piss poor product on the field. You hire piss poor coaches you can expect a piss poor product.

Except for the Saban part (which is rubbish), we agree.

No. The university lost so much money this year because of Covid interruptions. They should be willing to take a pay cut to help out the athletic program. I doubt the pay cut request is that big.

Lmao, so many wrong takes it's not even funny...

If they are trying to get coaches and staff to take pay cuts then why in the world would they give Gump an extension AND a raise after the fact that we were in a "pandemic"?

Fulmer must love southern accents
I’m starting to wonder if UT has something where they can fire Pruitt with cause. Maybe they gave him the extension to hold the recruiting class together and to land that QB. Something is up since Tee and Jay took the cuts and this piece about no one else taking the cuts has come out.

Reactions: MyVolsDropped
From Section 2.1 of the standard assistant coach contract . . .
Thanks. I don't really know what that means. There is a state procurement office in TN that maintains templates of terms that have to be included in public contracts. Some of the terms can be omitted if there is a sufficient justification, which is usually up to the state comptroller to decide. Some terms cannot be omitted...ever. And then there are some public agencies that are exempt from some of those requirements. I'm not sure exactly what applies to the UTAD's contracts. Maybe that's by design.

VN Store

Back