7-5

Well, I swear I'm so surprised to see you in yet another thread doing absolutely nothing in every post except bashing Tennessee! I'm shocked I tell ya!
7-5 is not bashing Tennessee. It's just a reality of where we are at IMO. I hope I'm wrong of course, but from watching these other SEC teams play, I felt like we were watching a different league. Interested in seeing how LSU looks.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
Do you think they can do that against UK? That's an SEC level type defense, not saying they are world beaters, but they are built MUCH better for the SEC than Utah ever dreamed about being.
Probably not upper 200s. I just read that Utah's D is pretty young and missing some huge players from last year's team. I just thought Florida looked bigger, faster and more physical. We shall see.

AR had 106 of those yards. He ain't getting that on us.
We shall see. To your point, our run D looked good. I thought Carson Steele looked like a guy that could put up surprising numbers and their OL was good enough to prevent us from getting one sack.

Probably not upper 200s. I just read that Utah's D is pretty young and missing some huge players from last year's team. I just thought Florida looked bigger, faster and more physical. We shall see.

That's the difference between SEC and PAC-12.

Utah is not a Top 10 team, and I would say not a Top 20 team right now. That doesn't mean UF is a Top 25 team either, but they are a better built football team right now than Utah.

Reactions: tbwhhs
7-5 is not bashing Tennessee. It's just a reality of where we are at IMO. I hope I'm wrong of course, but from watching these other SEC teams play, I felt like we were watching a different league. Interested in seeing how LSU looks.
If you'd see all his comments in the other two threads, you'd understand.

Reactions: ohhbother
Agree and hate me. Disagree and hate me. Florida looks like I am watching another league.
Georgia over O that much.???

I thought our guys looked small this year.

7-5 with lots of PT for backup Qbs on big wins and the rest of the team getting swole and ready for next year seems like a reality hope for me.

Florida shouldve lost. Utah bailed them out with boneheaded decisions and honestly probably shouldve won by 2 scores.

Combine that with Utah not being the true #7 team in the country in my opinion. Even going back to 2021, Utah was 10-4 but 2-3 against OOC opponents. Their lackluster conference makes them look better than they really are.

As for the Ducks, they had Bo Nix at QB. Enough said on that one.

We shall see. To your point, our run D looked good. I thought Carson Steele looked like a guy that could put up surprising numbers and their OL was good enough to prevent us from getting one sack.
Gators had zero sacks.....Bama had zero sacks.

Florida shouldve lost. Utah bailed them out with boneheaded decisions and honestly probably shouldve won by 2 scores.

Combine that with Utah not being the true #7 team in the country in my opinion. Even going back to 2021, Utah was 10-4 but 2-3 against OOC opponents. Their lackluster conference makes them look better than they really are.

As for the Ducks, they had Bo Nix at QB. Enough said on that one.
Win or lose to Utah did you not feel that Florida just seems like a bigger, faster, stronger team than Tennessee?

I will predict our Wins and Losses come Thanksgiving. Nobody knows jack and we can guess and pontificate all we want. We are 1-0 and undefeated, so far....

Possibly naive post…

I come on here and read the “we were vanilla because we didn’t want to show too much on offense” and “our defense is still terrible” but I have to imagine Heupel doesn’t give a rats ass about showing too much on either side of the ball. We have new players he has to teach on both sides of the ball. He doesn’t care what Florida sees. Or Pitt. If we execute the gameplan Saturdays we win or we’re in a position to win. It’s that simple. Every week is a learning experience and you have to start somewhere to teach these players and develop them.

Some of you think we come into the season with guys that have already played a season’s worth of games and Heupel is playing chess with our week 5 opponents. I laugh every time.

Tell me I’m wrong.

It is hilarious no doubt. I guess folks have amnesia, and forgot we played Pitt last year head to head, and they have access to the film from every game last year.

Didn’t want to show Pitt too much…..LOL

Did Banks cook up some magical new defense in the offseason, and he’s waiting to spring it on Pitt? Coping mechanisms for Vols that get their expectations way out of whack in the off-season. Nothing more.

No, sunny who I originally quoted. He spent all day yesterday in two threads slobbering over how Georgia and Florida were the greatest things in the world, and we'd never be them. Our coaches suck, players suck, recruiting sucks, basically anything Tennessee is horrible, and he'd get all mad if anyone said any negative thing about Georgia, or Florida. He's the biggest Vol fan out there though!!

Win or lose to Utah did you not feel that Florida just seems like a bigger, faster, stronger team than Tennessee?
Nope. Tell me what is it about Florida that makes you think they are better than TN. Is it Richardson? So far from what I have seen of him. he has one great game then a game that leaves you scratching your head. Hooker is a proven consistent quarterback every game. For now I would take Hooker over Richardson until Richardson proves that he can produce on a consistent basics. Also I think everyone is underestimating the impact of coming from 15% humidity to playing in that sauna they call a football field. There is a reason beyond compacting the footing that they water the crap out of that field before every game. With it sitting below ground level it is brutal this time of year.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Seriously Utah was a 3 point favorite and they lost by 3. It was a good game but UTAH left points on the field tonight. 14 inside the redzone to be exact. We have a WAY better offense than Utah plus it's in Neyland. Let them try and boat race us. That Gator D doesn't scare me.
It's our D that scares me more than anything...

It's our D that scares me more than anything...
Agree there is some concern there. I will hold my judgement though till after the Pitt. game. Our defense Thursday was so vanilla and non changing that a grade school offensive play caller could have schemed against it.

VN Store

Back