2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Having an agent is normal business now. It didn’t hurt anything. The team is going to welcome Lanier, and I don’t think NIL will ever be brought up if he’s the player and leader they think he is. I like that ZZ was involved both days. This is going to be his team.

ZZ is the only player on this team that should have had any say on if TN over paid for Lanier. I’m sure he said it makes us better so hell yes bring him to Knoxville

We have our own subset of fans that would behave that way if he had chosen UK or BYU. Each fanbase has them. Stupid people aren't unique to any one group. They're everywhere, unfortunately.
Does KY also have dudes who run without need into the breach to excuse our fans on their board if someone quotes one of the fans or blog you want to fixate on? You should share the screen shots. And I hope what you said is not supposed by you to be a revelation. Did you drop your "bomb" every time one of the numerous KY media members or self-styled insiders ridiculously hyped things for weeks, then turned and started playing "we didn't want him anyway" with all their might? Because all of those were also posted in this thread. Do you think Chaz is not glad he didn't pick KY if and when he or mom reads things like that? Because that was I said and what you are needlessly disputing.

Last edited:
We have our own subset of fans that would behave that way if he had chosen UK or BYU. Each fanbase has them. Stupid people aren't unique to any one group. They're everywhere, unfortunately.
I totally agree, but it’s funny and I enjoy it when it’s Kentucky. It’s annoying when it’s our people.

Last edited:
Does KY also have dudes who run without need into the breach to excuse our fans on their board if someone quotes one of the fans or blog you want to fixate on? You should share the screen shots. And I hope what you said is not supposed by you to be a revelation. Did you drop your "bomb" every time one of the numerous KY media members or self-styled insiders ridiculously hyped things for weeks, then turned and started playing "we didn't want him anyway" with all their might? Because all of those were also posted in this thread. Do you think Chaz is not glad he didn't pick KY if and when he or mom reads things like that? Because that was I said and what you are needlessly disputing.
I don't think it's this deep, man. All he said was that there are also Vol fans on Twitter who would've responded exactly like this UK fan did. Every big fan base has people on the fringes who embarrass the majority.

ZZ is the only player on this team that should have had any say on if TN over paid for Lanier. I’m sure he said it makes us better so hell yes bring him to Knoxville
I personally don't think it's anyone's business what these players get from NIL.

Especially fans. Agree about ZZ he wants to win.

I try not to go to other fan boards, but Rupps Rafters could bill me $500 to read their board right now and I’d personally deliver the cash. It’s amazing.
We didn't make the F4 with DK? They had two probable lottery picks on their team and made it how far. KY fans trying to throw stones from their glass houses.

I don't think it's this deep, man. All he said was..
You his mom? That is just clannish garbage.
Every big fan base has people on the fringes who embarrass the majority.
Everyone knows that everyone knows that, right? And yet people call out other teams' fans all the time without someone -- with a pack of yes-men in tow like ducklings -- charging in to "set the record straight." :rolleyes:

Only minutes before jumping in here (also for no reason except to brown nose) Mookie did the same thing. No, actually, Mookie did much worse. Because Chris had made the unwarranted and preening assumption that I intended a remark by one stray KY site with only 3,718 followers to be construed to mean all of the KY fans in the world. But Mookie said exactly that:
The funniest thing is all of the South Carolina fans want Mark Kingston fired. That ain’t happening now. Stuck with him again. 😂
Y'all need to gang up on his ignorant a--. He doesn't know the "not all fans" line.

Last edited:
Having an agent is normal business now. It didn’t hurt anything. The team is going to welcome Lanier, and I don’t think NIL will ever be brought up if he’s the player and leader they think he is. I like that ZZ was involved both days. This is going to be his team.
This makes sense, appreciate all of your insight!

I personally don't think it's anyone's business what these players get from NIL.

Especially fans. Agree about ZZ he wants to win.
I took my son to a ZZ autograph signing today. I asked him if he was excited about his new teammate and he said yes. He heard the news during his workout. (I am assuming the final word.). It was cool to see his genuine excitement and to hear he is still working out hard.

Sheesh. Really does put into picture how almost evil college agents are ...

Man, agents suuuuuuuuuuck.
Hey, @cncchris33, time for you to pounce. Not "most" or even "some." Every agent in the world, according to you.

You need to school your tag-team bruhs in the "not every agent" rejoinder and what everybody knows. Get your stories straight.

Last edited:
The condensed version is that he contacted us in December. He always wanted to come here. When he and his mother spoke to Barnes in the Spring, he said he was going to be a Vol. They discussed his NIL with Spyre. It was basically the DK deal. Everyone was happy with that. The grad transfer portal change created some attention for him and his agent wanted to play their hand for a larger NIL. Lanie’s mother didn’t like that they had promised to come, were getting a good deal, and now he wanted more. That said, the market changed materially. They agreed to discuss the NIL again on his official visit. We adjusted the number up, but were not the highest. Before the NIL meeting, they sat with Rod, CRB and ZZ. They discussed him being the guy who could make them champions. Barnes said Lanier needed to know that he’d have to be a leader to justify making so much more than teammates. They talked about leadership, and selfishness and Barnes gave them a Bible quote about it. The agent participated in the end of the meeting to discuss the steps for making a decision. They would meet with Spyre, get offer, contemplate options and respond by Friday. The funny thing is he was trying to play the offer and get more by implying he hadn’t decided. His mother undermined that by saying, “Don’t you worry about us.” After the Spyre meeting, Chaz posted the Bible verse on Twitter (X). At that point, everyone knew it was done. The agent wanted to play the hand out and make everyone worry, but we got the message. That’s the most backstory/context I’ve ever heard on private meetings, and definitely a good story.
Thanks!
I appreciate your willingness to share what and when you can. Have a good weekend!

We didn't make the F4 with DK? They had two probable lottery picks on their team and made it how far. KY fans trying to throw stones from their glass houses.
*from their glass house they already bulldozed to the ground.

Everyone knows that everyone knows that, right? And yet people call out other teams' fans all the time without someone -- with a pack of yes-men in tow like ducklings -- charging in to "set the record straight." :rolleyes:

Only minutes before jumping in here (also for no reason except to brown nose) Mookie did the same thing. No, actually, Mookie did much worse. Because Chris had made the unwarranted and preening assumption that I intended a remark by one stray KY site with only 3,718 followers to be construed to mean all of the KY fans in the world. But Mookie said exactly that:

Y'all need to gang up on his ignorant a--. He doesn't know the "not all fans" line.
Who pissed in your cheerios?

Lots of words to aggressively suggest I'm disputing anything you said when I'm really not, but ok. Rage on, pal.

Hey, @cncchris33, time for you to pounce. Not "most" or even "some." Every agent in the world, according to you.

You need to school your tag-team bruhs in the "not every agent" rejoinder and what everybody knows. Get your stories straight.
You're really bent out of shape over a very innocuous comment. Eat a snickers.

“When Ducklings Charge” is my favorite Hemingway novel.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Kentucky is 90 percent that type of fan. Rupps Rafters at it's worst is no different than dealing with them in person.

Sheesh. Really does put into picture how almost evil college agents are. Feels worse than agents of professionals. Your job as an agent is to get your client the best deal at the best fit for them and let them guide their destination. This guy sounds like a damn leech who had zero care for Lanier or what was best for him.

Man, agents suuuuuuuuuuck.
Pretty sure they did. I think Lanier actually wanted more money but the family was cool with the TN offer because it’s closer to home.

VN Store

Back